[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

life after death?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (10KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 640x960px
A Theory. Does anyone think that there is no life after death, just nothingness? I know this is a controversal topic, but let me try to explain it like this. You know how some people fall asleep, and it feels as though right after falling asleep, you wake up, and you have gotten a good nights sleep? well, what if death is like that except replace falling asleep with death and never waking up. Anyone feel the same?
Thanks /x/ for replies, i personally encourage it

no disrespect towards religion

picture unrelated, or is it?
>>
kill yourself
>>
File: 1451670983816.jpg (52KB, 640x458px) Image search: [Google]
1451670983816.jpg
52KB, 640x458px
>>17171563
>>
More like your body falls asleep forever and never wakes up.

And just like a dream where it feels like your somewhere else, you are, but because the body can longer facilitate itself it powers off for good.

It is just a matter of the energy inside of us, because we have are a unit of life, we percieve life inside of a physical body, and when the body is done, the life force simply goes somewhere else.
>>
>>17171563

It could be like that but I hope there is something after death. Even hell would be better than nothing.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
The problem is, anon, humans typically describe life as, having a "lifeforce", or whatnot. but my question follows up to a theory that lifrforce doesn't exist, but rather, when the body starts to die, a bunch of red flags pop up in the body, and it just doesnt function. But the thing is, what if all we are is just the body, the thing that evolved from a basic cell?

pic unrelated
>>
The body doesn't live after physical death, but the body wakes up after it falls asleep.

Our "consciousness" that drifts off is beyond the mind.
>>
I believe this. It's like sleeping when we don't dream. Seems small minded that we would be important enough to ascend or descent...
>>
>>17171664
What's small minded about that
>>
Well in the scheme of it all, we get a good amount of time to have a turn, live a full. Why should we get more? Do all the animals get more too? I just think this is it. Trust humans to be greedy and seek for everlasting life.
>>
>>17171690
>live in full
>Why should be get more

Full life is eternal life. You don't ask for it you already have it, it is just a matter what you do with yours that affects your karma, cause and effect, what/if you serve is the likeness of your destination after death.
>>
>>17171563
the very fact you can perceive that its nothingness and ask your self questions in this empty void proves your'e consciousness still exists. If after death you see all black and you have the ability to ask your self "where am"I"" then you therefore exist
>>
I think there is absolutely nothing after death. No afterlife, no reward or punishment for our behaviour, no reincarnation, no soul. The corpse isn't a part of us after death.
>>
I suffer from a condition where my heart essentially shuts down multiple times a day. As far as I know, this has been going on since my birth and I'm 22 now. Though brain death and heart failure are two completely different forms of death, every time it happens my eyes stay open but the world turns into a shade of black that I feel like I can't truly perceive yet. Like something is there but it won't show itself till my brain dies.
>>
>>17171743
That's pretty insane.
>>
I would like to think our engery plays a part in something but every theory I play with that doesn't seem to work.
>>
>>17171743
I'm sorry for your medical condition. Do you really believe that death is what you percieve, or are you aware that it happens because your brain is without oxygen?
Another question: you've always had this medical condition. Did you get used of your cardiac arrests? Do you get clearer sensations every times? Do you panick when you feel it?
>>
>>17171779
I believe "death" is a sort of state of mind. I wouldn't go so far as to say enlightenment but I do believe that once our brain dies we are able to truly experience the world for what it is until we are reborn again.

Concerning my condition, I don't really feel it coming (that's what she said), like a heart attack, but it's more like an instant seizure and my heart usually stops for 3-5 minutes. Granted I did mention earlier that this happens multiple times a day, what I mean by that is around 6-7 times a day. If anything, it's annoying as fuck since there isn't really a medicine I can tske not can I just learn to control my heart via my mind since, as far as I know, you can't consciously control your medulla.
>>
>>17171762
energy never dies it transforms
>>
>>17171793
What do you mean by experience what it is? Isn't that what you do when you're alive?
>>
>>17171847
Not exactly. The world is oonly what your brain interprets it as. For example, my rods and cones in my eyes and ocular columns could perceive elephants as blue while yours perceive them as gray. Is the gray correct color? According to our scientists, it is. But, we will never truly know till we experience it without the need of our brain to decipher and interpret the stimuli it takes in every day. Everyone is unique, both biologically and mentally. Even identical twins aren't completely alike when it comes to how they perceive the world. This is why i believe that we can only truly experience the world when we experience true brain death and our soul separates itself from our body.
>>
>>17172024
Of course i'm half asleep and just finished a half gram dab so i might just be speaking wizard nonsense. Course i like to believe that we are all uniquely insane ;).
>>
this thread needs a revive
>>
This thread is retarded and pointless. The truth is already out there, and it's so easy to access. People just want it to be something much more mystifying that it seems, but it's not.
>>
After death is judgement in front of God
>>
>>17173278
You can't say this thread is pointless and then add you own opinion..

I find it interesting because we are all pushed into some level of religion either from the gov or from our family, school etc.. But in an honest forum what do we truly believe, I don't think there is a wrong answer to this because none of truly know. Maybe there is an all mighty lord watching over us or maybe we just turn off and that's it. Perhaps we start over, repeat our lives in our own minds and do all the things we wish we had done..
>>
>>17171563
Ever passed out? There's absolutely nothing during that time. You wake up and don't realize anything happened at all. It's kind of sad to think that may be what death is like. Nothing.
>>
>>17174786
During a blackout your spiritual and causal bodies are still attached to the physical body so of course there is nothing because the physical body is not sending information to the still connected spiritual and causal bodies. Upon the death of the physical body, the spiritual and causal body disconnect from the physical body and then connect to the astral body, changing the primary source of perceptual information. Death is perceptually similar to life, but because the information comes from the personal and non static astral body, individuals all experience different perception upon death. Some retain senses best described as hearing where others have stuff similar to sight. Depends on the individual. Interactions and activities of the dead soon to come...
>>
File: 1422911020546.jpg (401KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1422911020546.jpg
401KB, 1000x1414px
I don't have a fear of nothingness, i used to believe in it, i also don't believe that sleeping or passing out or coma is comparable, having your neurons completely shut off forever is much deeper than just darkness, i wont attempt to comprehend it, its unfathomable.

I do not believe in god or a heaven, but i believe in reincarnation, not in the religious sense.

i was born, i have existence, and one day i will be dead, my belief comes from the fact that i was already dead, not in claim to have knowledge of a past human life, but the fact that i was not in existence until i was in the womb, i was devoid of consciousness, no nonexistent, in a senes, dead.

I think if i was brought into consciousness out of a state of complete nonexistence, it can happen again, when my brain shuts down and i cease to exist on death, i will be in the same state as before i was born.

And i am here after complete unconsciousness, i will return there some day when i die, and out of that i find little reason i cant be born again into not the same consciousness or a direct result of this lifes consciousness, but in some sort of sentients that is undeniably capable of being created from lack thereof.

I don't hold this as a truth, simply an opinion. Feel free to tear my theory a part if you know anything about neuroscience or anything related to the matter of how a brain reaches sentients, i am completely open to learning new things and i'm willing to throw away my beliefs at the drop of a hat for something that seems to make more sense, i value any educated criticism.
>>
>>17176912
I like what you said, you explained it well. My only question would be how does this work with the population growth? If in the sense we have come from a being to go to another, the number of these would need to always be equal. Hurts my mind <•>_<•>
>>
A decision will be completely destroyed. A giant will bring joy. The seed which the Lord and the Holy Spirit. Amen. Be at peace. Dear Sons and Daughters you live according to my Jesus. In all God in first place. Go forward without fear. I will speak to My call for help. I suffer because of those separated from prayer you may not comprehend now but calm your hearts and accept the will of God act. Go forward. I will speak to My Son is Love. He delivered Himself up for you you would weep with joy.
>>
after researching the internet about near death experiences years ago i came to the conclusion that yes , theres an after life
>>
Listen I'm gonna solve all your bullshit questions in one movement

You are either more slightly more dead than you are alive than you were previously every moment, or the reverse.

Go find your actual fountain of youth and fix tge bullshit plumbing, man is owed cash out ere
>>
>>17177269
No no, i see it as a process of life, my conscious in this life doesn't move to another form, but rather the form that i may become conscious in already has the tools for a different unique consciousness that i will experience. furthermore, as far as i understand with our limited view of the universe, there could be an infinite number of sentient beings that we don't know about, that is if the universe is infinite, which i honestly think it is, even if you count the multi-verse theory, earth may not be the limit of this sort of experience that we have.

its very difficult to explain, sorry that i cant articulate better, its honestly hard to express to others.
>>
File: okaywhatever.jpg (51KB, 375x305px) Image search: [Google]
okaywhatever.jpg
51KB, 375x305px
>>17171563
This is how I think it is, I don't understand why people are afraid of this outcome though.

You won't care because you won't exist anymore, it's just like before you were born.
>>
>>17177345
Isnt saying that its like before you were born paradoxical since before you were born lead to you existing now?

im not trying to be rude or anything, but i don't see the sense in say you are gone forever and then compare it to before you were born, because that would imply it isn't permanent considering you were in fact born.
>>
>>17177277
>after researching the internet about near death experiences years ago i came to the conclusion that yes , theres an after life

Let's see, if someone is near death their brain is most likely suffering some form of deprivation or is under extreme stress which will induce hallucinations or not being clear.

I refuse to believe that if something like an afterlife exists that it doesn't know as a certainty that you're going to actually die and won't pull a 'jk lol'
>>
Since matter has finite combinations, assuming there is no God, afterlife etc, theoretically if there are finite combinations, we will be conscious again one day. Assuming no afterlife/etc, we became conscious from nothing, who's to say it can't happen again
>>
>>17177354
I don't see why you have to think of it that way.

My point is that you have no recollection of anything before you were born, no consciousness, no memories etc - it's not nothing, it is literal non-existance (while you have your genetic code in your mother's egg and father's sperm, there is no existence until they meet).

If you were never born then you wouldn't have cared because you never would have existed.

So it's just like that in a permanent state for death.

The problem with human beings is that once you've experienced consciousness it's almost impossible to fathom not having it.
>>
>>17177366
Who is to say that a consciousness is based on a genetic code alone? obviously not in a sense of me being something other than a human. would you consider that a genetic code has something to do with the ability to only experience life once, (is there a "sentience gene"?), and not something based in a neurological sense that allows a being to have the ability to be sentient?

I have no opinion that implies consciousness is related to a soul or personality, instead, its something granted to a mind at a certain point in the brains development, and that this process can be repeated, of course without the subject having any hint of recollection of a precious existence due to the obvious fact they don't have the same brain anymore.

And i'm not claiming any of this to be fact to avoid appearing arrogant, if you have empirical evidence to support that an individual consciousness can only exist once because of genetic code i will immediately change my mind.

I just think consciousness isn't a once in a lifetime thing, none of the rest of nature treats anything so precious, so why would it treat sentients any different?

I value your opinion and hope for more insight.
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 601x244px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 601x244px
I feel the same way as Op, it is kinda sad to think all our developed body and mind will suddenly shut down, but I'm excited to think that someday I can just sleep without anyone waking me up
>>
File: tom-hanks-explosion.gif (842KB, 228x171px) Image search: [Google]
tom-hanks-explosion.gif
842KB, 228x171px
>>17177400
I like the idea that our consciousness can pass on to a different lifeform (preferably human) after death in a never-ending cycle until the end of species.

But simply the way I view human beings is that we are animals like any other, the only thing that separates us from them is our intelligence. It has granted us means to make amazing advances over any other species on Earth. However from a biological standpoint we do the same things - we eat, shit, court the opposite sex for procreation (recreational sex or any sexual activity that cannot result in pregnancy is a byproduct of our intelligence in my opinion) and die.

The unfortunate thing about intelligence is that it makes us think about things like religion, the afterlife and the supernatural.

You don't see any other animal performing any kind of religious practices (unless they're trained to by humans, but even then it's not genuine). Sure an animal wants to survive if it is under threat because the instinctual number one priority hard coded into any living thing is to protect itself and its species (which can often result in its own death in favour of preserving the species).

A little off track to the discussion at hand, but this is my state of mind when it come to life and death. Our intelligence while a gift is also a problem because we think about things other animals are ignorant to so it doesn't add up to me that anything at all should happen after death.
>>
>>17177466
I don't grant humans any special treatment when it comes to biology, you are right, and for all i know it may be possible to become conscious as a dog or something else, i could have already been conscious as a dog, but the difference is i would have the brain of a dog with undeniably lower cognitive levels, but thats what comes with having a dog brain, so a dog would be as incapable of developing culture as say, a human with a mental handicap thats on the same level as a dog, but we don't deny that that said handicapped person is any less experiencing life on a level of consciousness, being the level to interpret that consciousness may be a different story, though, no doubt they see life much much differently. the kicker here is the consciousness, not the cognitive level, i would say that most if not all animals are experience a level of sentients that is not comparable to humans, but still indeed sentients.

And just a clarification of my opinion, i do not believe that consciousness is this special thing like a soul. if i'm experiencing life as a dog, i have the mind of a dog, and nothing would change that, nothing should be able to, not the fact that i may have been human the previous time i was sentient, not anything. So this is not an issue about human minds directly transferring to animals, its about experiencing life as whatever mind you are granted after you are born.

I hope that makes sense, and i appreciate your time, T.Hanks.
>>
>>17171641
>>17171641
Hell would be much worse
>>
>>17171563
Just like before you were born.
you're welcome.
>>
>>17171563
Life stops when death begins, that's it until Jove begins the judging and THEN souls are dispersed to the rediscovered eden on earth and a thousand year reign of Jesus starts
>>
>>17171717
>>
>>17177703
You say that so confidently, what eventually happened? There was before you were born, then you were... born.

If you implying permanent death, that is definitely not the way to give an example, quite the opposite.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.