[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

voodoo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: vodou-worshipper.jpg (1MB, 2200x1238px) Image search: [Google]
vodou-worshipper.jpg
1MB, 2200x1238px
anyone have any creepy or eerie voodoo tales from the past, or anyone with family ties.
>>
>>17170668
https://archive.org/details/voodootalesastol00owenrich
a website I found a few hours back, been reading it, thought this might contribute to the thread.
>>
I got one from Voodoo Village in Memphis.
>>
Former Lousianna voodooist here. I'll answer what I can.
>>
There were some pretty good voodoo threads on /x/ in the past. There's a few voodoo and santeria practitioners around the board occasionally, seem like good dudes
>>
>>17173022
Does anyone really use the Le Veritable Dragon Rouge in voodoo?
>>
o light there is no darkness
>>
>>17173146

Depends on which form of Voodoo your going for. Like I said, I'm former Lousinana while the grand grimoire is more associated with Hatian voodoo. Now that's not to say that Louisana didn't get most of it roots from Hatian. Lousiana gets its base from both Catholicism and Hatian traditional voodoo. So the whole concept of demons and such and such with the people I was with and around was somewhat iffy, we dealt more with Loa, rituals and sprites. There of course we're people who dealt with demons and exorcisms, but not in the sense of that particular book.
>>
>>17173228
Interesting, thank you.
>>
>>17173377

No problem, anything else you'd like to know?
>>
>>17173430
how does one come about practicing this?
>>
>>17172183
please tell :-)
>>
File: 1451538285530.jpg (13KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
1451538285530.jpg
13KB, 375x360px
>>17170668
not voodoo but my entire family is Romani Trash (Gypsy) and everyone in the family knew that grandmama was a soothsayer. She used to say she "hexed" people who mistreated our family, and they'd come back like a few weeks later begging for forgiveness, which she always accepted with a smile and a laugh

Don't know if i believe it or not though, I never really seen anything paranormal with my own eyes so I'm skeptical
>>
>>17173228
I live in NOLA and know a lot of Haitian Vodou followers who live in Treme around Armstrong Park. Do you know those people? I think the younger brother gives tours so they're decently well known.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.