[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: Nothingness25.jpg (56KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Nothingness25.jpg
56KB, 500x375px
What would be the psychology, and reasoning for a cult worshipping nothingness, the eternal void?

I'm building some lore for a personal fantasy type project, the main religion is the religion of the Light, they worship God and he is the creator of everything and cause for magic, trees growing and life itself.

Then there are other god-beings who merely hijacked themselves another reality within the creation of God, like wolf-gods, god of tits etc, who all in terms stand below the Creator god. Even the satan worshipping cults who crave terror and destruction, just worship one of these hijacked reality godbeings.

The secret cult of the void seek end all existance, and they are very evil, but what is their reasoning for this? They don't gain any hedonistic pleasure or elevation in society, what is their psychology?

>the absence or cessation of life or existence.

Please help me with this, I'm not so experienced with occult stuff and would love to hear your suggestions.
>>
File: 1451798644062.jpg (28KB, 461x576px) Image search: [Google]
1451798644062.jpg
28KB, 461x576px
bump pls help
>>
fucking help me now you mentally ill freaks
>>
>>17170539
From their perspective, existence itself is the true evil. Existence brings pain and suffering. The only true path to eternal peace is for the complete total destruction of EVERYTHING.
>>
>>17170578
Thats a good one. I like it.

But I don't want these guys to drink coffee and discuss it openly and being friendly guys.

I want them to wear dark hoodies and have evil element
>>
>>17170587
Then just say fuck it and make them sociopaths who laugh at the world burning.
>>
>>17170539
In the beginning was the God of the light. He is eternal and all powerful. When The God directed his light, he created everything. The world is made up of light.
The world we live in is a world of light. We are all beings of light. It is all eminations of the all-powerful.

Commonly accepted belief would hold that when the light shone, it created a disparity. From the light, came the darkness.
When God created the world, it made a shadow. Thus duality was born.

"In the beginning, there was nothing. God created light. Which in turn created dark."
Materially, we are not creatures of the light. We are shadows of god. Our world is an illusion, a shadow of what could be.
When God shone his light, the darkness found itself in his shadow.
We are not all we can be. We are separate from God. We are living in a world of lies.
The Truth is perverted. The Truth in the world is a twisted reflection of a real Truth.
The only way to right the wrongs of this truth is to end it.

If the world was ended, if God was destroyed; the light should fade. As the light dies, so too does the shadow.

The lies that are the world break, as we are fused back with the essence of the Divine once again.

When the light does, nothing is left.
From the nothing we begun, to the nothing we return.
It is the path to become one with the Divine.
>>
>>17170539
>God and he is the creator of everything

Then any alteration of creation is still going to be under the power of God. To truly be free of this cosmic tyrant's reign, a person must be willing to destroy everything. They are the only true seekers of freedom - freedom from the chains of existence.
>>
>>17170588
It sounds too friendly, that they consider existance itself true evil.

Those who faithfully worship the Creator God, ends up in a white place, nirvana, there is no pain or suffering there.

These guys want the void to consume all, a black emptiness.

>make them sociopaths who laugh at the world burning

No, they are really powerful, and will manipulate the small group of satanic worshipping humans (who loves destruction, blood sacrifice and pain) to open the portal to hell so demons can conquer earth and burn it all, ruin plants and kill.

Then fool the devil to destroy earth's lifecrystals, and then do a final ritual and everything gets consumed by the void. They personally dont have any interest in torturing and stuff, its more for the satanists.
>>
>>17170539
Sunyavada Buddhism

Sunyavada literally means Doctrine of the Void.
>>
>>17170539
They want permanent stagnation.
No one should ever be against anything no more and all the suffering will be overcome.
>>
>>17171686
They want to end the kabbalistic kind of polarity. And therefor they make the good and evil fight each other until no one is left and the void sacrificers kill themselfes in the final step.
>>
>>17171695
God is inside everything; yes.
But so is tge devil.
>>
>>17170539
Woah woah woah woah. God of TITS?! So is this God like the perfect set of breasts and nothing else? We need to discuss this further.
>>
>>17170539
>What would be the psychology, and reasoning for a cult worshipping nothingness, the eternal void?
eschatological nihilism?
>>
>>17170539
>a cult worshipping nothingness, the eternal void

Doesn't make sense. Period.

>Even the satan worshipping cults who crave terror and destruction

Why do they do this? Do they do it just cuz, or do they do it because they want the women and treasure and plunder for themselves? Or perhaps because they're serving some legendary ideal?

>The secret cult of the void seek end all existance, and they are very evil, but what is their reasoning for this?

They can't be evil if they are actually worshiping a void, because a void has no concept of good and evil.
Best case: they are nihilists who only see suffering (a'la certain Buddhist sects), and seek to forcefully enlighten everyone. By killing them.

>>17170578
This. Buddhist at fuark.

>>17170587
>I want them to wear dark hoodies and have evil element
Not possible. Evil only depends on ones perspective, and doesn't exist as such, much like good doesn't.

Besides, dark hoodies aren't even evil. Try more along the lines of buff, muscly guys in suits who always scowl because of how much suffering they see.

>>17170612
>These guys want the void to consume all, a black emptiness.
In which there is no pain or suffering, which makes it indistinguishable from the white place.

Gj, your world is shit and has no internal consistency.

>>17170612
>No, they are really powerful, and will manipulate the small group of satanic worshipping humans (who loves destruction, blood sacrifice and pain) to open the portal to hell so demons can conquer earth and burn it all, ruin plants and kill.

No ideology can be logically supported towards such behaviors.

>>17171695
Doesn't make sense, as kabbalistic polarity has fuck-all to do with good or evil.
>>
I never wanted to rule the world I only wanted to watch it burn
>>
>>17170539
>What would be the psychology, and reasoning for a cult worshipping nothingness, the eternal void?
Nothing.
>>
>>17170612
Make them very scientific. Anything else is just gonna end up with them devolving into a Lovecraft cult. Not saying their reasoning for worshiping nothingness should be because they scientifically discovered that existence is pain or anything like that, but they'll need a strong philosophy for their worship. Also helps with removing bias (non-nothingness) from their actions and beliefs.
>>
>>17170539
Edginess
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 638x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 638x360px
Alternatively as the fellow above me suggested a cult that literally worshiped "edge" would be comical
>>
>>17172460
EXISTENCE IS PAIN.
>>
>>17172496
sounds like Buddhism
>>
>>17172523
No you're thinking of suffering.
>>
>>17170539
Look at antinatalism and their philosophy on child birth, Easy to figure out why a cult would want existence to end with the same principles. Life always causes suffering, yet lack of existence does not. A baby that is not born, will not suffer. Yet a baby who is born, and has a "good" life, will still always, to some extent suffer. Therefore it is deducible it's better to not bring babies into the world. Apply this with some crazy "End al llife to end all suffering" cult mentality, some weird ass rituals breaking as many religious taboos as you can simply because they think it will corrupt existence to the point of destruction and shabang, you got your crazy void cult.
>>
File: 1443821876236.jpg (210KB, 834x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1443821876236.jpg
210KB, 834x1200px
>>17170539

That's hilarious.

Because I worship the howling void.

they wouldn't be evil.

Why does darkness always have to equal evil?

we're always on a journey from darkness into light. Your body and your face were formed first in the kind darkness of your mothers womb. All your life, your mind lives within the darkness of your body. Every thought that you have is a flint moment, a spark of light from you inner darkness. The miracle of thought is its presence in the night side of your soul.

All creatvity awakens at this primal threshold where light and darkness test and bless each other.
>>
>>17173312
That would have been SO beautiful and meaningful if you'd been saying it about yourself rather than insisting everyone else derives creativity from the same spiritual place.
>>
File: 1445804204545.jpg (92KB, 613x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1445804204545.jpg
92KB, 613x1024px
>>17170539
Simple, look at the mentality of teenagers or the mentally ill
>>
>>17173467
No, it's pretty trite either way. He's just bumbling through some romantic-esque attitudes about ideas born from conflict.
>>
>>17173543
>the unspoken implication
>>
>>17170587
Make them extremely principled to the point where the good guys catch themselves admiring your cult sometimes (followed by a sinking feeling in their gut), that's how you know you've got a really scary force to be reckoned with
>>
>>17173553
I live to beat dead horses
>>
>>17173579
That's not living.
>>
>>17170539
They seek to become gods. Since god is the creator he must also be what all of existance is stored in. If existance is infinite, the only thing that can hold it is the void.
So either they want to become the void, or they want to go back to god literally. Nice plot twist if you think about it, that it turns out they do worship the creator god but they want to go back to him.
>>
"Life isss the crime, the sentence isss death!"

Op, you need to check out the Dark Judges who have appeared occasionally in Judge Dredd in the comic 2000AD.
>>
>>17170539
The only void is the Abyss. Endless nothingness. Do no worship the Abyss. You'll find no salvation in whatever you discover.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.