[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spooky NC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (116KB, 720x309px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 720x309px
Hi /x/ friends,

I recently moved to central North Carolina and am preparing for a state wide paranormal tour.

Nothing to prove, just want to hear stories / see spoopy locations / poke around where I shouldn't.

Any recommendations?
>>
>>17169031
There's a subway near where they have parades in Fayetteville. People say they see a guy with a construction jacket entering, but they never come out, or he's not in there. There's also ALOT of other stuff, I'm sure a quick google search would bring up most of it.
>>
>>17169053
A subway like the sandwich place?
>>
I live in NC. An urban legend is that there is a bridge near Jamestown that is "haunted." Basically, you go there around 2am and you'll see a girl who appears to be hitchhiking. Legend goes that sometimes, people pick her up. She tells them where she lives, and they ride to her house. After getting to her house and knocking on the door, they are met with an elderly woman who explains that her daughter was killed in a car accident on the bridge. The girl then disappears.

I think it's bullshit, but that's the only spooky thing I can think of around Piedmont NC.
>>
>>17169077
Yes
>>
Another story, I honestly don't know where, but I heard as a kid that there was a man who dropped his lantern on some traintracks. He bent over to pick it up, and a train came through and knocked his head off. If you go there at midnight, you can see a light swinging from side to side, it gets closer, and you see a headless horseman-esque apparition walking on the tracks. It dissapears when a train goes through it.

Don't believe this one though, probably fake, just felt like sharing it.
>>
>>17169245
>>17169208
I love these. It's honestly probably all "fake" but interesting nonetheless. Good excuse to drive around too. Thx anon
>>
Brown mountain lights bro, gotta see them
>>
>>17169333
checked
>>
File: FILE0026.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
FILE0026.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
Honestly, the druggies, are the scariest things here. I had one tail my truck until I got home today and it scared the shit out of me. Otherwise, exploring old building deep in the woods can be pretty spoopy,
>Tip: Never enter the woods without a gun.
Picture is something that startled me walking through the woods once.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQa8Q6bqS-k
>>
>>17169333
Any personal experience? Will Google
>holy trinity of trips = truth
>captcha = mountains
>>
>>17169440
Is this you anon? Noped away from that building pretty quick
>>
>>17169478
Yeah, it's me. I didn't nope away from that old barn, I just checked inside and saw nothing but the junk I usually see.
>>
>>17169390
is that a beaver
>>
>>17169508
I would imagine you would want to be strapped doing that. People are way scarier than ghosts imo. Come across any freaks?
>>
>>17169515
It's a teddy bear.
>>17169517
I would want to be usually, but I was on my land so I wasn't worried about it. Most things are asleep after 12. I've never run across freaks on my land, but I've come across some weird things before and had some scary things happen. I also got shot at once, but that was because my neighbors on the far side of the property are dumbasses.
>>
>>17169208
Just east of Ragsdale high on High Point Rd (Main St Jamestown?) Is a train overpass. Follow the tracks south and you'll get to the original road bed under pass from the story. Pretty spooky in there.
Source: about 10 mins from there.
>>
>>17169077
Yup. It's near downtown. You can't miss it. It's across from the train station.
>>
I think it's in Chatham County, but go to the Devils Stomping grounds, it's this random area where nothing grows.
>>
>>17169777
Have you ever been there to check it out? Seems like it would be fun.
>>
There is a haunted nursing home in Aberdeen, NC that is local legend. Very spooky but condemned, and police everywhere. Also I grew up 5 miles from Devils Tramping Grounds. Nothing to it, just a place where horses once trampled the ground in a pen and no grass will grow (there are spots of grass in spots FYI ).
>>
Waverly Hills, man.
>>
>>17169245
I think I live near those train tracks. Can't say I've ever seen jack shit on 'em at night.
>>
>>17169390
Yeah, gotta watch out for the meth heads. They're a little...weird.

Your pic reminded me that there's this giant ass garbage dump in the woods across from my house. It's off the beaten path, but there's all kinds of shit in there, all overgrown by the forest. And in front of the trail that leads to it is this shack full of old ass shoes. It's really weird. Nothing spoopy tho. Just typical piedmont weirdness.
>>
>>17171845
That's not in NC, dawg.
>>
>>17169333
Don't go to the mountains man. There's nothing but hippies and in the underpopulated areas, angry moonshiners. Don't fuck with the mountain folks.
>>
>>17169545
Nice to know that there are responsible gun owners everywhere in NC. I live by a few that love to shoot their rifles off in the back yard. When people live behind them. Also the neighbor across the street likes to shoot at intruders to his tire shop, so he'll shoot into the street, in the direction of my house, you know, where I sleep. Fucking moron.
>>
>>17169208
There is supposed be a road in Greensboro that has the hitchhiking girl ghost as well.
>>
Old Salem, in Winston-Salem, has a story about the Little Red Man that haunts the Brothers House. He is supposedly see in a corner of the basement. The Governor's mansion in Raleigh is said to be haunted. I wish I could find the picture I took, it had a shadowy thong that wasn't there when I took the photo. I remember seeing that same shadow in my playroom window when I was a child. There is the legend of Pain/Payne Road with its burnt down haunted church, the bridge that ghosts push off of and that I was told had satanist that had been ran off by the police; though it was probably more likely about drugs. I know a few more I will try to remember the particulars.
>>
>>17169245
Yea it's from southeast nc. Always liked that one. As for the op, the battleship in Wilmington is supposed to be haunted.
>>
>>17172544
i'm not really a ghost believer, but the story with the red man is that he was a guy who lived in the brother's house and was crushed (forgot how) in the basement. he didn't actually die there, though. died in a room upstairs. my mom claims to have heard the little red man way back when.
>>
I have a beach house in Corolla in the Outer Banks.

Any OBX paranormal activity?
>>
File: 1449155037862.jpg (356KB, 577x1007px) Image search: [Google]
1449155037862.jpg
356KB, 577x1007px
>>17172160
Most people in my area are pretty good with guns. The guy that was shooting at me never seems to run out of ammo though. He will shoot all day every Saturday. With the time he shoot at me, I behind his house on the redmud hill hunting (my land cuts behind his backyard.). Suddenly as I'm sitting at the old house there, I hear hip-hop blaring from their minivan (they don't have a stereo I guess, the just leave their van on with the doors open to play music). While greatly annoyed, I kept hunting. 10 minutes later, I hear a crack in the tree canopy. Odd, but whatever. Then there was more, and more and more and I was soon able to hear the shots being covered by the sound of Ghetto Musical Festival 2011. Being sane and not wanting to get shot, I left the hill by going to the creek and following it to a trail that would take me home.
>>
>>17172141
I think you missed the joke
>>
Weve got a good many spooks up around Asheville. True to our tourist trap nature you can actually take a "Haunted Asheville" guided tour that is rather informative. Plus there's the broad range of Cherokee legends like the Tsul 'kalu, the Moon eyed people and areas like Graveyard Fields and Devil's Courthouse. Also local legends like Frankie Silver, Pink Lady, Helen's Bridge.

Hell even Asheville High is haunted
>>
>>17174038
It was something about working on the foundation, I don't remember why, but the wall fell on him. He was seen not to soon after that. Been down there; just an old cellar not spooky to me.
>>
Fort Fisher near Wilmington has a ghost of officer that is seen at night. My dad's friend took my dad, brother and me to try and see him. I remember at the time people were not allowed there at night, so we snuck in. I really hoped to see a ghost but there was none.
>>
Drove through Salisbury earlier today. Looks old and historic enough to be haunted. I bet you can practically hear the negro spirituals of slave ghosts under the floorboards in some of those really old houses.
>>
File: 1440116631833.jpg (23KB, 427x320px) Image search: [Google]
1440116631833.jpg
23KB, 427x320px
>>17169031
Devils knob in madison county on big laurel. Also the shelton-laurel massacre happened near there. And I haven't checked the thread but the brown mountain lights.
>>
>>17175228
The only thing of note in downtown Salisbury is Haps. Gotta get dem chili dogs and cheerwine
>>
File: 1448202130182.jpg (92KB, 634x508px) Image search: [Google]
1448202130182.jpg
92KB, 634x508px
>>17172127
I found a fuckton of old shoes buried behind an old barn once . They were the kind that had buckels and we're almost rotten to nothing. I was digging a hole to bury a dead goat and came across em . Must have been hundreds of pairs , mostly kids shoes. I also found a bunch of old laudnum bottles buried in a cave once .
>>
>>17175308
Please tell me you got ahold of a historian or museum and at least tried to sell them.
>>
>>17175330
The bottles or the shoes?
>>
>>17175353
Both, really. I'm sure someone would buy them if they are authentic.
>>
File: 1451739681222.jpg (74KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1451739681222.jpg
74KB, 500x332px
>>17175397
Nah,I reburied the shoes and ,regetfully , shot the bottles. It was back in my twenties and I was growing a shit load of weed so I didn't need money. I do kinda regret the bottles they would have looked cool cleaned up. But hey , it was blam blam time...,
>>
>>17172504
Same girl
>>
>>17175436
Oh well. Maybe next time you'll get lucky and find a skeleton or something.
>>
I'm not exactly sure where it is, but there's a road that's supposedly haunted around the Piedmont. The stories I've heard say that once you get to the bridge that's on the road and actually stop on it, your car will completely stop and won't start up again. It's also supposed to be all dark and stuff around there, I've never been, but my brother and cousins have talked about going there a couple times.
>>
I grew up in a town people believe is haunted..

Gatesville, NC. Just before the border of Suffolk, VA.

Personally, they say it's the roads.. The roads are haunted, and you will die in an accident.. I lost my mother and two best friends this way, I should be dead from multiple accidents..

One left me less than 6 inches away from a branch that stabbed right through the windshield, that should of gone right through me, and another where I flipped a truck 7 times. It is well known for fatal accidents..

I grew up on 127 Soney lane, gatesville nc 27938.... Moved less than 6 months ago from that house I will swear on my grave is haunted... after we moved, we found IT WAS BUILT ON A FUCKING GRAVEYARD. There were multiple other graveyards near the woodlines, (if you google maps search you might be able to see them.. never tried desu)

I know a few other reports, but nothing confirmed.. So yeah, if you're ever riding up to VA, stop by.. Just keep your eyes on the road.
>>
Clayton circle of death is the scariest thing in the south let alone nc, i don't know how prevalent it is online but if you are interested i could tell you where to look/the stories
>>
>>17175814
>Clayton circle of death
Elaborate, please.
>>
>>17175721
Payne Road in Winston-Salem is one of them. I heard of others around the state and the country. Like hitchhiking ghost it is an old ghost story.
>>
>>17169245
The Pactolus Light...the railroad that was there was taken up a long time ago, but you can still see where they were. I live not far from it. Can't say I've ever seen the light, but it's certainly very creepy down there. You have to drive down a dirt road about a mile in a heavily wooded area to get to it.
>>
>>17176998
In the early part of the 1900's a man enrolled in a teacher training program in Greenville. There he met the woman of his dreams. Unfortunately, when the semester ended she had to return to her home in Virginia. The man vowed to be there when her train arrived the next year.

As the next term approached, the man planned to propose to the girl and being anxious to do so, found out that her train would stop in Pactolus and decided to meet her there and ride back to Greenville with her.

The day arrived and so the man rode to Pactolus to meet his love and hoped to gain her hand in marriage. He got to the train station and waited all day. The train had been delayed. As dusk approached, he climbed aboard his horse and began to head home.

He never made it. A group of thugs ambushed him, killing him and almost making off with his horse before it escaped. As the story goes the girl died broken hearted, never finding out her loves fate. It was shorty after this that the light appeared.
>>
>>17174133
I live in nags head.

If you do find out about anything, we should definitely link up man.

I hear there's a bunch of spooky shit up in VA.

Kik me sometime if you'd be interested.

Kik - karneetaz
>>
>>17175555
You want him to shoot a skeleton? Thats pretty sick dude.....
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.