[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flotation tank

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: flotationtank.png (323KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
flotationtank.png
323KB, 600x450px
Has anyone of you ever tried a sensory deprivation tank or flotation tank? Any experiences? Sorry but english is not my first language. Anyone has experienced allucinations?
>>
I allucinated all over the walls when I did that, allucinate was EVERYWHERE! do NOT recommend
>>
>>17168451
The physics look kind of weird in that tank though.
>>
File: dark_retreat --.png (67KB, 521x1034px) Image search: [Google]
dark_retreat --.png
67KB, 521x1034px
>>
>>17168555
Does anyone have experience with this? I might do a trial of this tonight if I can find some earplugs
>>
>>17168571
>if I can find some earplugs

Just crammed some Toilet Paper in your ears.
>>
>>17168583

Long ago one anon said he tried it, this is what I recall his experience was:

The anon said he blacked out his bathroom and sat in the tub on some blankets with some bottled water. After what turned out to be about 12 hours he said he found himself on an endless pinkish 'plain', a same color 'sky' above. He said it felt like a comfortable place that went on forever. At the same time he said he felt fear in that he was worried if he wandered out into the 'pink' he'd have trouble finding his way back. He ended it all right there. He said he wished he hadn't stopped it, but at the same time really doubted he'd do it again.
>>
The Prisoner's Cinema is a phenomenon reported by prisoners confined to dark cells and by others kept in darkness, voluntarily or not, for long periods of time. It has also been reported by truck drivers, pilots, and practitioners of intense meditation.

The "cinema" consists of a "light show" of various colors that appear out of the darkness. The light has a form, but those that have seen it find it difficult to describe. Sometimes, the cinema lights resolve into human or other figures.

Scientists believe that the cinema is a result of phosphenes combined with the psychological effects of prolonged exposure to darkness. Others have noted a connection between the form the lights take and neolithic cave paintings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner%27s_cinema
>>
>>17168610
I have experienced this firsthand through meditation.
>>
>>17168588
Pink so deep you get lost in it. Sounds like my kind of thing.
>>
File: 34342543443.jpg (10KB, 941x658px) Image search: [Google]
34342543443.jpg
10KB, 941x658px
>>
>>17168588
damn i'd do this high but i guess a lighter would kind of fuck up the 'no light' thing
>>
>>17169336
>damn i'd do this high but i guess a lighter would kind of fuck up the 'no light' thing

What is eating hash/brownies?

But I kind of thing the idea is to NOT be high while it happens. That'd be like listening to music on your headphones at the concert.
>>
>>17169406
'most' floaters advocate getting high before floats.
side note: Weird thing is that I watched a couple of short documentaries on these tanks and came here and saw there was a thread about them.
>>
>>17169533
>'most' floaters advocate getting high before floats.

Link?
>>
>>17169540
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCYglCDgpu0
was generally speaking but this Vice doc gives you a little insight into the average person that goes in the things.
>>
Are those 1300 tanks of any good quality? Obviously they're not going to be anything like the 60k but my broke ass doesn't have 60k.

Any experience with them?
>>
>>17170937
You can do it cheaper. Look up the Ganzfeld Experiment.
>>
>>17170948
That's not the same thing though is it?
>>
I've done float tanks. It's a tank just like that picture, filled like 11 inch deep, then they dump in like 800-1000 lbs of Epsom salt. No joke, the water has the consistency of olive oil. You put in ear plugs, and don't get it in your eyes, cause it will burn. I just floated in the dark, nothing weird happened, it's warm water, and its relaxing. You usualy get an hour, I doubt anything spoopy could happy mentally in an hour anyway, maybe if you were in it for weeks. Oh, don't get any in your mouth, you will get the shits, Epsom salt is makes you poop, like horibly bad. Like your ass will hurt when it's all over bad. Other than that try it, it's ass close as zero gravity any normal person will ever get, it's heated to body temp so you can't del the line between the water and air on your skin, like you would in a normal bath. You can leave the lid up if you're claustrophobic, but it's casket dark if you shut it. Pretty much sound proof if someone yells for you, you'll hear them. But it blocks out all the bullshit background noise, and it's generally in a pretty quiet environment anyway. Just keep it out of your eyes and mouth, it tastes like chemical, you won't sip it on purpose, but just being in there you will take a pretty serious shit a couple hours later, cause it's all Epsom salt. But yeah I didn't get anything paranormal out of it, I'm not into drugs, if that's your thing I could see it being pretty crazy if you went in high.
>>
>>17171171
Oh god, so that's why?

I was inside the tank and suddenly got overcome by explosive diarrhea. EAE-tier explosive violent diarrhea. It was horrible. Worst thing ever. I was going to post about it then I read your post and didn't need to.
>>
>>17168571
Yes. I actually own a floatation center in the US. People who come to try it (students, housewives, doctors, you name it) experience a deep feeling of relaxation and well-being upon leaving the tank and up to 4 days afterward. The hallucinations are common but nothing scary. A young girl (age 15) said she saw colorful fish, for instance. In my experiences I see myself being flown through space with stars leaving trails as I pass them.

This isn't my center but the website has good information
http://www.floatseattle.com

You can also find many testimonials on YouTube.
>>
>>17171318
Where's your website bruh?
>>
>>17171259
Hahahah can I please hear your story?
>>
>>17168535
Those are breasts. Exquisite breasts.
>>
>>17171318
Do you allow or know of any kind of tanks made for couples? Not for sex, although that could be amazing... But I'd imagine you'd feel pretty attached in there
>>
>>17172502
Sex in the tanks would be terrible, they're loaded with salt so you can't sink. So trying to even do missionary is next to impossible.
That being said, I usually go once or twice a month. I build up a lot of stress so it's nice to float for an hour or so. I do see images and such, sometimes I feel like I'm being flung across space.

I'm actually planning on doing a six hour session in a couple months.
>>
>>17168571
They will provide you with disposable wax earplugs, friend.

It's a good time, I did it a few months ago. A 90 minute session. I will probably go again soon.
>>
>>17169533
Our local place makes you sign a waiver that says you aren't under the influence of anything, but they kind of know most people aren't straight sober when they come in.
>>
>>17168571
I recreated this in a dark closet after having eaten a bunch of mushrooms and extracted DXM. Reality folds in on itself.
>>
>>17168571
I used to do something similar.
I used to blindfold myself and listen to white noise for 2-3 hours a day, it was pretty cool. I used to get auditory hallucinations like birds chirping, people talking and piano hall music playing.
One time though it was real bad. I must have done it too much or something, because I got insanely depressed, kind of like the opposite of a spiritual awakening, it was just suddenly made apparent to me how little everything matters, that we're just dust mites in the cosmos. It was awful. I've not done it since. I can't describe it to you
>>
>>17168451
>those distorted proportions
the fuck is wrong with her body
>>
>>17168555
>12 hours to 10 days
>in a bathroom
that sounds uncomfortable senpaitachi
>>
>>17168571
Could this be explained your REM cycle being affected by extended darkness and all these hallucinations are dreams/unintentional lucid dreams?
>>
>>17168535
>>17173126
Are you mentally defective?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refraction
>>
I have tinnitus so I will never get to experience complete silence.
>>
>>17172534
But what if you just kind of sat there with another person? Although it sounds kind of creepy wanting to hear nothing but your own bodily ambient noises and someone elses.... It'd be so romantic though
>>
>>17168555
Wouldn't this make all the posters on /r9k/ some kind of Super Wizard or something?
>>
>>17168555
I'd try this but I'm too afraid of having a psychotic episode
>>
>>17168451
The film "Altered States" revolves around this concept.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.