[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Centralia - Silent Hill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (63KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 620x465px
Hey /x/, do you think that Centralia and Silent Hill are somehow related?
>>
>>17167908
Sure. The same way the movie "Jacob's Ladder" and Silent Hill are related.
>>
I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>17167908
Centralia inspired Silent Hill.
>>
Why do you think these 2 are related?
>>
Does someone still live in Centralia?
>>
>OMG SILENT HILL REAL LIFE OMG
>THERE IS SMOKE COMING OUT FROM THE GROUND IN THIS SPOT OVER HERE!! SILENT HILL CONFIRMED
>AND SEE THOSE 2 HOUSES??!? SILENT HILL HAD HOUSES TOO SILENT HILL CONFIRMED
>>
>>17167949
I've been to Centralia before. It has something like 12 residents, maybe less now. It's really not as spoopy as everyone seems to think it is - it's just an old, nearly abandoned Pennsylvania town that happens to have some really shitty roads and sulfur smoke in a few places. And MASSIVE garbage heaps on the outskirts. That's really all that there is to it.
>>
>>17168133
Landfills? Or just wild piles of trash?
>>
>>17168146
A bit of both here and there. It's not maintained at all so if they once had landfills most of them are just random shit here and there by now. Weird shit too, like old refrigerators and broken cribs and stuff.

It's worth a trip if you're in the area but the most interesting part is the broken road with all the graffiti - you have to climb a hill and over a fence to get to it since it's blocked off, but there's some pretty funny/mildly creepy shit there, and where most of the smoke comes up through the cracks.
>>
>>17168036
massive faggot detected.
>>
>>17168036
Go back to the basement u wagekek
>>
Yes, Centralia was openly cited by the creative team as an inspiration for the look of the town.

I live right near there, and it's sort of creepy I guess. The people who still live there are hilarious in a sad, sort of twisted way; talking with them is like talking with an NPC in a From software game, like they just say things that make you go "wat."

The random smoke plumes and trash everywhere make it more degraded than spoopy though, like a tour through a theoretical US third world country. Or Detroit but not as shitty.

The woodlands further north from there provide much higher quality spooks to be honest mi familia.
>>
File: 1447000998155.jpg (25KB, 327x315px) Image search: [Google]
1447000998155.jpg
25KB, 327x315px
>>17167908

The movie was inspired by Centralia. The games were not.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.