[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings, and welcome to The /x/ Files, the weekly news digest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: all-seeing-eye.png (7KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
all-seeing-eye.png
7KB, 400x300px
Greetings, and welcome to The /x/ Files, the weekly news digest for 4chan's Paranormal board. Every Sunday, we take a quick snapshot of the mysterious world around us and bring it, in an easily readable magazine format, to the board. I am The Editor, the anonymous creator of this idea and collector of the news that will be following below. In the interests of legitimacy, I will be using a secure tripcode to post the thread; once the posts are completed, I will take the tripcode off and return to my anonymity.

Happy 2016 to all my little wendigoes and banshees out in 4chan land! (And if you're a skinwalker, please don't imitate me - I have enough trouble telling myself apart from the evil doppelganger who lives in my bathroom mirror.) Another light news week for the paranormal, but what we've got is packed full of interesting tidbits. Giant sea monsters, ancient bodies giving up their secrets, and NASA throwing their off-world colonization plans into overdrive. All that and the usual suspects of radio show shenanigans, podcast put-ons, and the weekly note from yours truly. But wait! There's more!

Table of Contents:

1: Paranormal News of the Week
2: Radio Show Roundup
3: Paranormal Podcasts
4: Editor's Note
>>
Paranormal News of the Week

Gigantic sea spiders reported at the poles

Scientists have discovered that some species of sea spider have been growing to abnormally large sizes. Giant sea spiders have long puzzled scientists, who have been unable explain why there are so many examples of Polar gigantism. In a recent study, a team of researchers suggested it may have something to do with the oxygen levels in very cold water. Sea spiders are actually arthropods known to exist in the Arctic and Antarctic Oceans, as well as the Caribbean and Mediterranean seas, and are not actually related to arachnids. There are more than 1,300 known species of them, and they range in size from 1 mm to more than 90 cm.

Full Story: http://marketbusinessnews.com/giant-sea-spiders-in-arctic-ocean-puzzle-scientists/118226

Signs of heart disease found in mummies

Heart disease, the leading cause of death in the US, is often blamed on modern diets and a sedentary lifestyle. According to this thinking, if only people ate the “right” foods and exercised more, they could live longer. But examinations of the mummies from Kagamil, a small volcanic island in the Bering Sea, and other pre-modern people, indicate that the modern scourge of heart disease is not at all new, and that people who exercised more than we do as a matter of necessity, also suffered striking levels of heart disease, according to researchers.

Full Story: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/12/31/the-surprising-thing-ancient-mummies-tell-us-about-what-to-eat/
>>
NASA ordered to develop 'habitation module'

American space agency NASA has been asked by Congress to accelerate the development of a “habitation module” that would be used to take astronauts on deep space missions, emerging reports say. In mid-December, NASA ISS director Sam Scimemi described plans to start testing a habitation module in the 2020s. But Congress wants the agency to pull in that timeline by many years. US lawmakers passed a spending bill that increased funding for NASA by $1.3 billion for 2016. It also directed the space agency to build a prototype habitation module for deep space missions within no later than 2018.

Full Story: http://thecaliforniapost.com/content/nasa-asked-accelerate-development-habitation-module-deep-space-missions

Scientists aim to scrap the Gregorian Calendar by 2017

If Richard Henry had his way, we wouldn’t be celebrating the New Year quite yet. The Johns Hopkins University physics and astronomy professor along with his colleague Steve Hanke, an economics professor, have come up with a calendar they believe would simplify scheduling once and for all. In the Hanke-Henry Permanent Calendar, every date would fall on the same day of the week every year. The pair want their calendar adopted worldwide by January 1, 2017 - the next time that New Year’s Day falls on a Sunday. The pair say their calendar improves upon previous efforts because it preserves the 12 month, seven-day week idea, while eliminating what they call “calendar confusion.” Because the days don’t jump around from year to year in their version, scheduling for things like holidays, sporting events and university start dates would only need to be planned once and then never changed. Christmas, for example, would always be on a Sunday.

Full Story: http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20151222-the-case-for-an-entirely-new-calendar
>>
File: Coast.png (200KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Coast.png
200KB, 512x512px
Radio Show Roundup

Coast to Coast AM with George Noory

Monday: Bible Prophecy & Climate Change

Author and financial analyst Benjamin Baruch shared his views about climate change, how current events are in sync with prophecy from the Book of Revelation, and how Russia and the destabilization of the Middle East play into Bible prophecy and a coming global war.

Tuesday: Martian Apocalypse/Resetting UFO Research

Nuclear physicist John Brandenburg joined George in the first half to discuss Mars anomalies. Author and researcher Jack Brewer checked in for the second half with his contention that UFO study has been compromised by both government disinformation and many Ufologists.

Wednesday: Banking Swindle/Exorcisms and Demonology

In the first half, Ellen Brown talked about a possible looming financial crisis and the problem of debt. Adam Blai was the guest in the second half, and he described his expertise in the study of demonic possession and the practice of exorcisms.

Thursday: New Years' Predictions for 2016

George Noory hosted the long-standing Coast to Coast AM tradition of reading listener predictions made last year, and recording new predictions for 2016, along with surprise guests throughout the night.

Friday: 2016 Predictions Show

A New Year's tradition on Coast to Coast AM, George Noory checked in with psychics, seers and sages about their visions for what's in store for 2016. The first hour featured psychic Joseph Jacobs, who predicted a very heavy year ahead. During the second hour, psychic Anthony Carr shared some of his predictions for the new year. In the third hour, mundane astrologer Mark Lerner offered his insights for 2016 and the upcoming Mercury retrograde, which he pointed out is not necessarily going to have a negative impact. George talked with psychic healer and spiritual teacher Vincent Genna in the final hour of the show, who warned of a rough year for the United States.
>>
File: Podcasts.jpg (182KB, 1054x1157px) Image search: [Google]
Podcasts.jpg
182KB, 1054x1157px
Paranormal Podcasts

Last Podcast on the Left: Leonard Lake and Charles Ng Part III: Jocular Type Talk

On part three of four of our series on Leonard Lake and Charles Ng, we get into what actually went on in the bunker that Leonard Lake had spent most of his life trying to build. That includes the videotapes, the layout, and the horrifying murder of an entire family. Warning: it gets rough.

Link: http://cavecomedyradio.com/podcast-episode/leonard-lake-and-charles-ng-part-iii-jocular-type-talk/

Paranormal Podcast: Astrology 2016 with Maria DeSimone

Astrologer Maria DeSimone returns for her annual visit. She shares what she sees in the stars for 2016 and takes listener calls!

Link: http://jimharold.com/astrology-2016-with-maria-desimone-the-paranormal-podcast-412/

The Paracast: January 3rd, 2016

Have we made any progress at all in understanding our paranormal universe? For our first episode of 2016 invited Micah Hanks, of The Gralien Report, for a no-nonsense discussion about pop culture, the effects of myths on our society and other compelling topics.

Link: http://www.theparacast.com/
>>
Expanded Perspectives: The Ararat Anomaly

On this last episode of 2015 the guys bring up the top ten builds by the Ancients that were exposed during this year. Then Cam brings up the interesting case of the Ararat Anomaly. The anomaly is located on the northwest corner of the Western Plateau of Mount Ararat. Is this truly Noah’s Ark? Or is it an unknown crashed UFO? Finally, the guys get into a brand new global coffee production report that is out from the Foreign Agricultural Service: Brazil, the world’s foremost coffee supplier, lost almost five million bags of coffee due to the country’s on-going drought.

Link: http://www.expandedperspectives.com/the-ararat-anomaly/

Skeptoid: The Hope Diamond: A Curse Deconstructed

It doesn't take very much research to discover that the supposed "curse" of the Hope Diamond - one of the most famous and valuable jewels in the world - can't be reconciled with reality; its owners have generally all prospered. Nevertheless, almost every published mention of the famed gem is in the context of its notorious curse. Today we're going to turn back our calendars about 100 years to see if we can find the answer to this conundrum, and find out why smart people believe something so easily falsified.

Link: https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4499

Thinking Sideways Podcast: Danny Casolaro and The Octopus

In 1991 Danny Casolaro supposedly committed suicide in his hotel room. He had been researching a cabal that he had started calling the Octopus. Did they knock him off or did he take his own life after realizing that he had been chasing smoke for over a year?

Link: http://thinkingsidewayspodcast.com/danny-casolaro-and-the-octopus
>>
File: editors-note.png (10KB, 380x141px) Image search: [Google]
editors-note.png
10KB, 380x141px
Well, it's been a full two months' worth of issues now, and I finally got off my ass and made an archive page. It was surprisingly difficult to figure it out; the Wordpress editor is cumbersome in some of the worst ways, but I got it done.

You can find it here: https://4chanxfiles.wordpress.com/

Nothing new from MothDan this week, unfortunately. I don't know what he's up to, but I'm certainly hoping he's got another show or two queued up and getting worked on. His 'podcast' is pretty interesting, and relevant to the board as a whole.

Also, I have gone and gotten myself an email address. People have been requesting ways to get in touch with me and potentially creating articles for the thread; well, now you can. [email protected] is the address. Anything of particular noteworthiness will be read and replied to here in the Editor's Note section. Abject ridicule of bullshit emails is also a very real possibility. I'm not above calling people out on their stupidity, especially when they take the time and effort to email it to me.

Until Next Time
>>
File: 1450841289642.jpg (10KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
1450841289642.jpg
10KB, 218x231px
Keep up the good work, OP
>>
>>17167641
>the Gregorian Calendar by 2017
Fuck that!
>>
>>17167641
>Scientists aim to scrap the Gregorian Calendar by 2017
how is this paranormal ?
>>
Slew week eh
>>
>>17168109
original calender was pagan, christfags highjacked it and mucked it all up to seperate us from nature. that /x/ enough?
>>
I like this every week

Keep it up OP
>>
>>17167634
Thanks OP
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veu29SswFOw
>>
>>17167641
>Christmas on a Sunday

Fuck that. Make it Friday every year for a three day weekend
>>
Bumping this for op. That was nice
>>
File: 1451681950156.gif (876KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1451681950156.gif
876KB, 256x192px
Good stuff OP
>>
>>17167664

Hey The Editor! Yep I've been on hiatus all holiday season but will be back in action now that the new year is here. Have a bump, I'll be covering news from your past 3 threads in the next broadcast. Thanks for the hard work as always you're a light and beacon of hope to /x/.

Bump ya then.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.