[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you think that man has not returned to the moon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

File: armstrong_1416675c1.jpg (30KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
armstrong_1416675c1.jpg
30KB, 460x288px
Why do you think that man has not returned to the moon?
>>
>>17167422
As I said recently on /x/, whenever aeuronautics experts talk about getting to the Moon "again" it's always like they're talking from starting from scratch whereas we've been to the Moon at least 7 times already - what's the problem?! Doing it a set number of times should make it easier to get there, not harder...
>>
>>17167422
Cuz it's cold and spoopy. ~love NASA
>>
>>17167501
So is Mars but they want to go there next...
>>
Van Allen belts

Shuttle went to 389 miles above the earths surface and the astronauts saw flashes of light on there retinas due to the radiation
>>
>>17167622
> the astronauts saw flashes of light on there retinas due to the radiation
That's multiply contradicted, Anon...
>>
they burned alive on the moon so they just made fake footage
>>
Because that would be a violation of the treaty.
>>
File: Shark embryo.jpg (1MB, 1536x1533px) Image search: [Google]
Shark embryo.jpg
1MB, 1536x1533px
Because of the Amygdala monsters...
>>
why would we go through the effort of spending billions of dollars on putting a bunch of people in one of the most hostile environments known to man?
it takes a lot of resources and as far as i'm aware we can do a lot of it without putting people's lives at risk via the use of drones and remote craft and what not.
that said the experience of a moonwalk sounds fucking awesome so maybe it is worth the money. we need a mars walk.
>>
Because Ayy Lmaos
>>
>>17167422
The original Moon landing (hoax or not) was a piece of Cold War propaganda. The USSR was first to put a man in space, the USA was the first to put a man on the Moon.

Until we develop the technology to efficiently mine Moon and transport the resources back to Earth, there's literally no point in going back.
>>
>>17167753
> the government
> adhering to treaties
Pick one.
>>
>>17167422
there is no Moon
>>
>>17167622
This right here, Soviet Union stated they couldn't find a way for people to survive the Van Allen belts before they reached the moon.

It's 2016 and Russia has yet to step foot on the moon, despite technology advancing as much as it has.

Couple months ago someone posted a NASA video here on /x/ where an engineer talked about a new space craft, and how it's composition will allow us to face the Van Allen belts for the first time.

Either the guy didn't know you have to go through the Van Allen belts to get to the moon, made a simple mistake, or exposed that the Van Allen belts are a cosmic force we have not been able to overcome yet.
>>
>>17167944
http://www.braeunig.us/apollo/VABraddose.htm
>>
Money. There's nothing to make off of the Moon. If there was it would be covered with commercial operations.
>>
The moon landings was faked
>>
The moon is flat
>>
>>17168061
Not so

You can't use guns or bombs on the moon

So an army would be quite helpless against, say, a giant 9 armed brain monster,

Even just one
>>
The pissing match with the USSR ended, and the people who control the money don't really care about science, only petty tribal disputes.
>>
Fallen Angels warned them off...
>>
>>17167422
Because with today's technology that people have they wouldn't be able to fake it once again
>>
Cuz the Bible is true
>>
>>17168077
Wtf?
You can most assuredly use guns in space, it doesn't need atmosphere when each cartridge carries its own propellant.

Only thing stopping you would be the cold freezing the metal casing and the gunbarrel together, which wouldn't be an issue if you fired it regularly to heat it up.
>>
>>17169117
Brah, the recoil would propel you.
>>
>>17169170
Heavy shoes
Didn't like my ankles anyway
>>
>>17169170

Space Cowboy...
>>
>>17169362
Why did i laugh
>>
Because there is literally nothing to gain from going again, its too expensive and there's nothing to take advantage of or utilize while there
>>
>>17168064
Your life is faked.
>>
>>17169609
Your mom's orgasm was faked when I was fucking her last night. Lmao faggot.
>>
>>17169941
Just accept it
>>
File: 37mnwhklw.jpg (81KB, 513x612px) Image search: [Google]
37mnwhklw.jpg
81KB, 513x612px
>>
File: 1451713524431.png (146KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1451713524431.png
146KB, 400x300px
>>17167944
http://mentallandscape.com/C_CatalogMoon.htm

you dense motherfucker
>>
Moon is not viable. Though Helium 3 and resources can be used. The next step for the moon is to build a station. That won't be for sometime (so that is why you haven't seen anyone up there for a while) Frankly though, they should recon the area more. I am sure people would be interested in this day and age. Mars is to far yet. Also the other "earth" is not reachable yet.
>>
File: 2012-04-30-Presentation1-thumb.jpg (37KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
2012-04-30-Presentation1-thumb.jpg
37KB, 960x720px
Because we've already been there several times, and the US is too busy funding a "defense" budget and other useless, imperialistic systems than to progress our scientific capabilities.

Also it's the moon, not the most exciting ball of rock out there.
>>
>>17167422
it's expensive dumbass
>>
>>17170076
>http://mentallandscape.com/C_CatalogMoon.htm

Hahahahahahaha you got fucking jokes kid, the thread is about LANDING HUMANS ON THE MOON, not taking pictures of it. Fucking idiot.
>>
File: 20thcenturylunarmissions.png (36KB, 938x368px) Image search: [Google]
20thcenturylunarmissions.png
36KB, 938x368px
>>17167944

Where are you getting your information from?
>>
>>17167422
Literally why?
Space race is over. It's all dust. For what purpose would anyone go back?
>>
>>17169117
Heat would be the main problem because there would be no or little air to carry it away into the surrounding environment. Space guns would need some sort of way to convert the heat into photons or some other form of energy in order to get rid of it.
>>
>>17169117
>>17170233
Also, space isn't really cold. It's a vacuum like we use inside thermos bottles to keep things hot/cold. Vacuum doesn't transmit thermal energy. Movies lie to us.
>>
File: 1451783740060.png (260KB, 610x338px) Image search: [Google]
1451783740060.png
260KB, 610x338px
>>17170133
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nlFpal3Tpg

don't be a dumb fucking nigger anon

literally one fucking google search

jesus christ you fucking people
>>
>>17167422

I think it's because of the lack of funds in the budget. If the US were to spend more money on NASA and not on Military, we'd possibly have enough to make a moon base some day.
>>
>>17167944
Apollo spacecraft had microwave oven-tier systems compared to the fancy stuff nasa has now. Every one of nasa's missions deals with calculated risks. We hadn't sent people to the moon before the moon landing, but we were aware of the radiation in the van allen belts. They took a calculated risk and got to the moon and back. In the same way, they took a risk on the o-rings on challenger and got fucked. That's just how spacecraft will be for the next 2 centuries.
>>
File: 1405887264898.gif (294KB, 333x292px) Image search: [Google]
1405887264898.gif
294KB, 333x292px
>>17168148

Ding right on the money
>>
the moon is flat prove me wrong
>>
>>17170114
>>17170290
Money spent on the military supports a lot of technology development... A lot of it may end up helping space travel
But if only we could convince world leaders there was tactical value for a moon base...
>>
>>17167422
Maybe it's because you can't return somewhere you haven't ever been at.
>>
>>17167422
because there is nothing there
>>
>>17170511
and im assuming youre american.

>muh education
>>
>>17172409
And I'm assuming you've been S T U M P E D. What's your next argument? It's the current year?
>>
>>17172405
That.
/thread
>>17170511
buy a telescope faggot
>>
There have been a lot of super smart people on the moon, and we have collected as much shit as we need to learn what we can about it. No pressing need to return.

Also, it's hella dangerous to go , and NASA is poorly underfunded as it is. If there were an accident, the public would get all pissy.
>>
>>17167422
i believe that the man hasn't returned to the moon, because the radiation that remains in it after the Saturn modules, equipped with nuclear army, to erradicate the moon's lifeforms that the Apollo misions found, and the buildings that belong to these lifeforms. well, that's i know about this matter.
>>
Just watch Apollo 18
>>
>>17167422
Because it's expensive as fuck and they don't have anything to see up there, they already know everything about the moon there is to know, Americans are scumbags, they literally only went to the moon to do it before the Russians did it, and we now have telescopes that can basically see the moon up close so we have no need to explore it further
>>
>>17167944
Well, the Soviet union always told the truth.
>>
>>17167422
We already have an inhospitable wasteland.

You call it Arizona.
>>
>>17167422
space AIDS
>>
The Earth is FLAT. We cannot get to moon.
>>
It's just a rock. Why?
>>
>>17176481
Helium-3 nigga
>>
>>17167422
Because of dubs.
>>
>>17176499
Not cost effective yet. If we ever mine on the moon, it'll be done by robots controlled from Earth. NASA doesn't have the budget, and with the advances in robotics and AI and cameras and sensors, it's just not worth shooting people up into space. The Apollo missions were done mostly for propaganda reasons, and we don't need to prove ourselves to any other countries anymore. Other countries may send people to the moon for similar, symbolic reasons, but there's just no need to risk people's lives for that anymore.
>>
>>17176573
This.

>>17176471
Go back to USA
>>
>>17168669
Are you really this stupid?
>>
>>17169941
Summerfag
>>
Because we found out it was actually a giant space station, just as David Icke said.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.