[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Creepy History Lesson

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 8

You guys know any creepy history facts? I'd love some interesting factual stuff.
>>
>>15758678
With the exception of recent history, everybody in history is dead. 100 fucking %
>>
>>15758678
geronimo is rumored to have had a skeleton inside him.
>>
>>15758678
The day before Lincoln was shot he was in Monroe, Maryland and the day before JFK was shot he was in Marilyn Monroe.
>>
>>15758683
> 100 fucking
The past sounds like where IT'S AT!!!
>>
>>15758678
A bear was tortured and killed in the London Tower. Someone claims to have seen the ghost.
>>
>>15758750
Bear ghost, ain't that some shit?
>>
>>15758702
>underrated post
>>
http://www.hrp.org.uk/learninganddiscovery/Discoverthehistoricroyalpalaces/ghoststorieshomepage/Beartower

no torture/killing, btw
>>
>>15758750

Why the fuck someone would torture a god dam bear? I mean, what can he tells you? Bear secrets?
>>
>>15758810
I've been told the King was disappointed by the bear of a circus. But if >>15758807 is right the story I was told is bullshit.
>>
>>15758750
>"tell us if you shit in the woods!"
>"grarrrrrrg!"
>>
>>15758733
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4XCZfkGF8k
>>
>>15758678
In February 1948, the Communist leader Klement Gottwald stepped out on the balcony of a Baroque palace in Prague to harangue hundreds of thousands of citizens massed in Old Town Square. That was a great turning point in the history of Bohemia. A fateful moment of the kind that occurs only once or twice in a millenium.

Gottwald was flanked by his comrades, with Clementis standing close to him. It was snowing and cold, and Gottwald was bareheaded. Bursting with solicitude, Clementis took off his fur hat and set it on Gottwald’s head.

The propaganda section made hundred of thousands of copies of the photograph taken on the balcony where Gottwald, in a fur hat and surrounded by his comrades, spoke to the people. On that balcony the history of Communist Bohemia began. Every child knew that photograph from seeing it on posters and in schoolbooks and museums.

Four years later, Clementis was charged with treason and hanged. The propaganda section immediately made him vanish from history and, of course, from all photographs. Ever since, Gottwald has been alone on the balcony. Where Clementis stood, there is only the bare palace wall. Nothing remains of Clementis but the fur hat on Gottwald’s head.
>>
>>15758844
This freaks me out for some reason. By the way, is from "the book of laughter and forgetting"
>>
>>15758825
kek

During the Chinese famine they ate their own Children
>>
>>15758678
Check out the Operation Cottage.

Not creepy at all, but it's just hilarious.
>>
>>15758750
Thats pretty damn interesting. Weird. But interesting.
>>
Hitters Germany was financed largely by US business men, including Bush's gran dad
>>
>>15758678
a poltergist was reported to harass the roman army by titus livius in ab urbe condita.
>>
Lizards live under the Earth that have helped the human race start being smart
>>
>>15758901
sauce?
>>
>>15758910
"Hello, my name is Adolf. My class is doing a world takeover attempt. Would you like to sponsor me?"
>>
Google Dolotov Pass, Unit 731, beast of gevaudan...
>>
>>15758844
>bareheaded
I kept reading that as "beheaded" and that Clementis took off his hat and wore Gottwald's head.
>>
When the British invaded Washington D.C. during the war of 1812 their ground troops were hit by a tornado while, simultaneously, their navy was hit by a hurricane.

My mason buddy said that there's a legend that Pres. Madison and some elite mason magicians conjured the storms.
>>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaspar_Hauser

Kaspar Hauser. That's just weird as fuck no matter how you look at it. Wandered into a town one day and was completely unable to speak anything but "I want to be a cavalryman, as my father was" for years. After he learned, he said that he lived his entire life before then in a cell.

Years later, he was stabbed to death in Ansbach. He was carrying a note that said the following, written in reverse/mirror-writing:

"Hauser will be

able to tell you quite precisely how

I look and from where I am.

To save Hauser the effort,

I want to tell you myself from where

I come _ _ .

I come from from _ _ _

the Bavarian border _ _

On the river _ _ _ _ _

I will even

tell you the name: M. L. Ö."

Just bizarre as fuck.
>>
>>15758901
Lol
>Hitters Germany
>Hitters
>>
Check out linchi or death by a thousand cuts.
>>
>>15759543
Jesus that's weird as fuck
>>
>>15758810
where he keeps his honey
>>
>>15758702
kek
>>
>>15758702
>plot twist
>>
>>15758825
"CJ! Does the Pope shit in the woods?"
"I don't know man why do you keep asking me that?"
>>
File: complainte21[1].jpg (118KB, 441x701px) Image search: [Google]
complainte21[1].jpg
118KB, 441x701px
This gal
http://altereddimensions.net/2013/mademoiselle-blanche-monnier-girl-imprisoned-in-dungeon-for-25-years-france
>>
File: pic911522.jpg (80KB, 375x489px) Image search: [Google]
pic911522.jpg
80KB, 375x489px
Let's not forget our friendly neighbourhood plague doctors. The beaks were stuffed with strong smelling things (spices etc) because they believed the black plague was caused by bad smells.
>>
>>15759789
Jesus fuck.
>>
>>15758818
>>15758750

The island is devoid of bears. Actually the inhabitants wiped out the species. Be it for security or for tools or substances made from them (grease, utensils, blankets).
>>
Allegedly, the famous German poet Johann Wolfgang von Goethe encountered his doppelganger while on vacation in Italy exactly one year prior to his death.
>>
>>15758810
The day the teddy bears have their picnic.

Otherwise you'd be in for a big surprise.
>>
>>15759819
Not even just a doppelgänger but a premonition.
He saw himself walking on the road in clothes he never wore before. 8 years later at exactly the same place he walked towards the house of a friend in those clothes when he remembered his vision all the years before.
>>
Did you know that The Hills Have Eyes, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Dead End, and all the other evil redneck family movies/stories are all based on historical fact? Just not what or when you think:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sawney_Bean

48 member family in Scotland that murdered and cannibalized over a 1,000 people, according to contemporary records.
>>
>>15759852
Oh those fuckers. Though I would consider them exagerrated legends.
People here on /x/ once talked about some valley in America where there was some kind of inbred hilbilly family that would attack visitors. Anybody know what I'm talking about? Not historical though but contemporary
>>
Elizabeth Báthory, nicknamed the Blood Countess, because it is said she bathed in the blood of virgins to stay young. Supposedly, she killed hundreds of young girls.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_B%C3%A1thory
>>
>>15759543

I don't get what this means.
>>
Okay, this one is not so much creepy as just bizarre.
It's also one of the most hilarious articles on wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarrare
>the fork was never found
>>
Okay, this one is really too recent to be called historical, but every piece of evidence is documented and it's the only thing I've ever heard that seems truly paranormal. In 2008, commuter train in California collided with a freight train. For 12 hours after the crash, his cellphone made 35 calls his friends and family. There was only ever static on the line, and calling back they never got anything but instant voicemail. But the calls were 100% real - police used traced the signal relays to find his body in the mangled wreckage 13 hours later. Given it was two trains, there was no fucking doubt that he died on impact. He was NOT fucking alive. And they never found his phone. Nobody has any clue what the fuck happened.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/ghosts/deadcall.asp
>>
>>15759796
Actually they believed the antiseptic quality of the herbs cleaned the air.
>>
>>15758923
Unit 731 is not spooky, but is just depressing.
>>
>>15759873
Nobody does. Most historians believe he was a conman and did everything himself, including the wounds and the notes. But that's still bizarre. Why all the elaborate claims and acting? To what end? They speculated during his life that he was lost royalty, but after five years of the charade he never got anything out of it.
>>
>>15759884
Simple answer: He was an old timey tripfag
>>
>>15759860

I know who you mean, I just can't think about their names. It was mentioned on an episode of Ghost Adventures.
>>
>>15759860
I know what you are talking about. The guys that invented the Teflon and shit. That the trees surrounding the area are all bended.
>>
>>15758702
top notch post
>>
In 1883, Henry Ziegland broke off a relationship with his girlfriend who, out of distress, committed suicide. The girl's brother was so enraged that he hunted down Ziegland and shot him. The brother, believing he had killed Ziegland, then turned his gun on himself and took his own life. But Ziegland had not been killed. The bullet, in fact, had only grazed his face and then lodged in a tree. Ziegland surely thought himself a lucky man. Some years later, however, Ziegland decided to cut down the large tree, which still had the bullet in it. The task seemed so formidable that he decided to blow it up with a few sticks of dynamite. The explosion propelled the bullet into Ziegland's head, killing him.
>>
>>15759874
That's just fucking weird. He had the metabolism of twenty people apparently. Can you imagine if we managed to isolate that gene?
>>
>>15759894
Oh shit, I've heard about half a dozen modern re-tellings of this! Never heard the source before.
>>
>>15759898
We could starve Africans even faster!
>>
On 2002, Seventy-year-old twin brothers have died within hours of one another after separate accidents on the same road in northern Finland. The first of the twins died when he was hit by a lorry while riding his bike in Raahe, 600 kilometres north of the capital, Helsinki. He died just 1.5km from the spot where his brother was killed. "This is simply a historic coincidence. Although the road is a busy one, accidents don't occur every day," police officer Marja-Leena Huhtala told Reuters. "It made my hair stand on end when I heard the two were brothers, and identical twins at that. It came to mind that perhaps someone from upstairs had a say in this," she said.
>>
>>15759852
Tobe Hooper used Ed Gein as an inspiration for Texas Chansaw Massacre
>>
>>15759916
I know that, but it's not as interesting or historical. Ed killed two people and was completely alone.
>>
After a successful (or rather unccussesful) rebellion in 1530 the bodies of three anabaptist leaders were hung up in cages at the church steeple of Münster. The cages still hang there to this day
>>
>>15759860
I just remembered! The DuPont's, correct?
>>
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_CHASE
There are tons of chemical and conventional weapons at the bottom of the oceans surrounding America thanks to the U.S military, think about that next time you go to the beach. Also there is a lost undetonated nuke off the coast of Georgia.
>A quantity of contaminated cake mix that an army court ordered dumped at sea
Wtf?
>>
>>15759934
You want to hear the whole story, including how they were executed before their bodies were hung?
http://www.dancarlin.com/product/hardcore-history-48-prophets-of-doom/
>>
>>15759947
That could be them
>>
I hope the stories keep coming. Finding a huge thread like this is my idea of entertainment.
>>
>>15759992
In 1858, Robert Fallon was shot dead, an act of vengeance by those with whom he was playing poker. Fallon, they claimed, had won the $600 pot through cheating. With Fallon's seat empty and none of the other players willing to take the now-unlucky $600, they found a new player to take Fallon's place and staked him with the dead man's $600. By the time the police had arrived to investigate the killing, the new player had turned the $600 into $2,200 in winnings. The police demanded the original $600 to pass on to Fallon's next of kin - only to discover that the new player turned out to be Fallon's son, who had not seen his father in seven years.
>>
Mark Twain was born on the day of the appearance of Halley's Comet in 1835, and died on the day of its next appearance in 1910. He himself predicted this in 1909, when he said: "I came in with Halley's Comet in 1835. It is coming again next year, and I expect to go out with it."
>>
In 1975, while riding a moped in Bermuda, a man was accidentally struck and killed by a taxi. One year later, this man's bother was killed in the very same way. In fact, he was riding the very same moped. And to stretch the odds even further, he was struck by the very same taxi driven by the same driver - and even carrying the very same passenger.
>>
Morgan Robertson, in 1898, wrote "Futility". It described the maiden voyage of a transatlantic luxury liner named the Titan. Although it was touted as being unsinkable, it strikes an iceberg and sinks with much loss of life. In 1912 the Titanic, a transatlantic luxury liner widely touted as unsinkable strikes an iceberg and sinks with great loss of life on her maiden voyage. In the Book, the Month of the Wreck was April, same as in the real event. There were 3,000 passengers on the book; in reality, 2,207. In the Book, there were 24 Lifeboats; in reality, 20.
Months after the Titanic sank, a tramp steamer was traveling through the foggy Atlantic with only a young boy on watch. It came into his head that it had been thereabouts that the Titanic had sunk, and he was suddenly terrified by the thought of the name of his ship - the Titanian. Panic-stricken, he sounded the warning. The ship stopped, just in time: a huge iceberg loomed out of the fog directly in their path. The Titanian was saved.
>>
>>15760006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJb3Gady7Vc
>>15759992
I will try to remember more tomorrow
>>
>>15759864
the more fucked up thing:
it's possible that bathory was just an innocent patsy in a political scheme and never did any of those things.

to be accused of all those things for nothing...that would be pretty fucked up in the end just as well.
>>
>>15759878
this.
even though the getup looks a bit weird to our modern eyes, nothing is really too spoopy about a proto-gas mask
>>
>>15760034
One of the best claymation oriented things ever.
>>15759796
Lol plague doctors are amazingly retarded in hindsight.

While American novelist Anne Parrish was browsing bookstores in Paris in the 1920s, she came upon a book that was one of her childhood favorites - Jack Frost and Other Stories. She picked up the old book and showed it to her husband, telling him of the book she fondly remembered as a child. Her husband took the book, opened it, and on the flyleaf found the inscription: "Anne Parrish, 209 N. Weber Street, Colorado Springs." It was Anne's very own book.
>>
>>15760034
Thanks man. I will too.
>>
In 1805, French writer Émile Deschamps was treated to some plum pudding by the stranger Monsieur de Fortgibu. Ten years later, he encountered plum pudding on the menu of a Paris restaurant, and wanted to order some, but the waiter told him the last dish had already been served to another customer, who turned out to be de Fortgibu. Many years later in 1832 Émile Deschamps was at a diner, and was once again offered plum pudding. He recalled the earlier incident and told his friends that only de Fortgibu was missing to make the setting complete — and in the same instant the now senile de Fortgibu entered the room.
>>
Charles Domery (c. 1778 – after 1800), also known as Charles Domerz, was a Polish soldier, noted for his unusually large appetite. Serving in the Prussian Army against France during the War of the First Coalition, he found that the rations of the Prussians were insufficient and deserted to the French Revolutionary Army in return for food. Although generally healthy, he was voraciously hungry during his time in the French army, and ate any available food. While stationed near Paris, he was recorded as having eaten 174 cats in a year, and although he disliked vegetables, he would eat 4 to 5 pounds (1.8 to 2.3 kg) of grass each day if he could not find other food. During service on the French frigate Hoche, he attempted to eat the severed leg of a crew member hit by cannon fire, before other members of the crew wrestled it from him.

In February 1799, the Hoche was captured by British forces and the crew, including Domery, were interned in Liverpool. Domery shocked his captors with his voracious appetite, and despite being put on ten times the rations of other inmates remained ravenous, eating the prison cat, at least 20 rats which had come into his cell, and regularly eating the prison candles. Domery's case was brought to the attention of The Commissioners for taking Care of Sick and Wounded Seamen and for the Care and Treatment of Prisoners of War, who performed an experiment to test his eating capacity. Over the course of a day, Domery was fed a total of 16 pounds (7.3 kg) of raw cow's udder, raw beef and tallow candles and four bottles of porter, all of which he ate and drank without defecating, urinating, or vomiting at any point.
>>
>>15760061
Must have been a relative of this guy >>15759874
>>
>>15760070
Haha, maybe so.
In Monza, Italy, King Umberto I, went to a small restaurant for dinner, accompanied by his aide-de-camp, General Emilio Ponzia- Vaglia. When the owner took King Umberto's order, the King noticed that he and the restaurant owner were virtual doubles, in face and in build. Both men began discussing the striking resemblances between each other and found many more similarities.
a) Both men were born on the same day, of the same year, (March 14th, 1844).
b) Both men had been born in the same town.
c) Both men married a woman with same name, Margherita.
d) The restauranteur opened his restaurant on the same day that King Umberto was crowned King of Italy.
e) On the 29th July 1900, King Umberto was informed that the restauranteur had died that day in a mysterious shooting accident, and as he expressed his regret, he was then assassinated by an anarchist in the crowd.

I know these aren't creepy history facts, I guess, they're just interesting coincidences.
>>
>>15760061
>>15759874
What in the fuck!?
>>
>>15759877
Ok, this really freaks me out
>>
Not necessarily creepy history, but disturbing military fact:

Anti-personnel land-mines made and used by the U.S. military aren't designed to completely blow someone up. They're designed to blow off a limb, severely wounding but not necessarily killing. This serves 2 purposes: a wounded fighter removes about 4 others from the battlefield as well(I.E. carrying him and treating his injuries) and the enemy population has to see it's warriors returning home missing limbs.
>>
>>15759877
Is it impossible for someone else to have snatched his cell and made these calls?

When King Louis XVI of France was a child, he was warned by an astrologer to always be on his guard on the 21st day of each month. Louis ws so terrified by this that he never did business on this day. Unfortunately Louis was not always on his guard. On June 21st 1791, following the French revolution, Louis and his queen were arrested in Varennes, whist trying to escape France. On September 21st 1791, France abolished the institution of Royalty and proclaimed itself a republic. Finally on January 21st 1793, King Louis XVI was executed by guillotine.
>>
File: Chatsworth-Metrolink-crash.jpg (54KB, 400x274px) Image search: [Google]
Chatsworth-Metrolink-crash.jpg
54KB, 400x274px
>>15760097
Generally speaking, no.

But why the fuck would they? HOW the fuck would they? This is a mangled fucking train, pic-related. Why would they never say anything? Why did the calls stop one hour before they found his body? How the fuck were all the calls made AT the crash site, which is the entire reason they found his body in the first place? How did all return calls go straight to voicemail instead of ringing and not being answered?

There probably is an explanation, but fuck me it's still creepy.
>>
>>15760116
Okay I resign. That is some freaky, freaky fucking shit.

Nope. Nope.

The stories of identical twins' nearly identical lives are often astonishing, but perhaps none more so than those of identical twins born in Ohio. The twin boys were separated at birth, being adopted by different families. Unknown to each other, both families named the boys James. And here the coincidences just begin. Both James grew up not even knowing of the other, yet both sought law-enforcement training, both had abilities in mechanical drawing and carpentry, and each had married women named Linda. They both had sons whom one named James Alan and the other named James Allan. The twin brothers also divorced their wives and married other women - both named Betty. And they both owned dogs which they named Toy. Forty years after their childhood separation, the two men were reunited to share their amazingly similar lives.
>>
>>15760061
>>15759874
In Greek mythology, Erysichthon (also spelled Erisichthon, both of which translate as "Earth-tearer"), son of Triopas, was a King of Thessaly.

He once ordered all trees in the sacred grove of Demeter to be cut down. One huge oak was covered with votive wreaths, a symbol of every prayer Demeter had granted, and so men refused to cut it down. Erysichthon grabbed an axe and cut it down himself, killing a dryad nymph in the process. The nymph's dying words were a curse on Erysichthon.

Demeter responded to the nymph's curse and punished him by entreating Limos, the spirit of unrelenting and insatiable hunger, to place herself in his stomach. Food acted like fuel on a fire: The more he ate, the hungrier he got. Erysichthon sold all his possessions to buy food, but was still hungry. At last he sold his own daughter Mestra into slavery. Mestra was freed from slavery by her former lover Poseidon, who gave her the gift of shape-shifting into any creature at will to escape her bonds. Erysichthon used her shape-shifting ability to sell her numerous times to make money to feed himself, but no amount of food was enough. Eventually, Erysichthon ate himself in hunger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erysichthon_of_Thessaly
>>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toba_catastrophe_theory

This is really detailed, but the basic point is that about 77,000 years ago, a supervolcano erupted to eradicated almost all life, reducing the human population to about 15,000 world-wide.

Why is that so terrifying? An even bigger supervolcano sits under Yellowstone National Park.
>>
>>15759789
AHHH what in the shit man
>>
>>15760125
That kind of shit is normal in Ohio
>>
>>15760182

Well yeah, but there are thousands of times more of us now and we're not all ooga-boogas anymore, not that Yellowstone blowing its load would be pleasant by any means.
>>
>>15760182

I'm trying to imagine the world if Toba didn't happen and to imagine if only having those 15,000 ancestors, contributed to our diseases like cancer and such.
>>
JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS
>>
>>15760227
The ash cloud would cover the better half of the planet for hundreds of years if I recall correctly. It'd end up being a new ice age. Unless we all migrated underground or something it'd still be something nearly impossible to survive.
>>
>>15758901
Lies.
>>
>>15758901
This is true a U.S. bank financed much of Germanys war plans
>>
>>15758810
Well, we'll never fucking know now. He's dead.
>>
>>15759874
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarrare
i wanna see a picture of this creepy motherfucker. holy shit.
>>
>>15759864

Elizabeth Bathory never bathed in blood. That fact was added long after her death by a 19th century biographer. No document or record from her time never mention her bathing in blood, though they do mention all her other atrocities. She was a horrible, fucked up person, yes. But the fact she bathed in blood has been incorrectly stuck to her just because some guy wanted to make his account of her more salacious to sell a few more copies.
>>
>>15758909
Source
>>
>>15759540
Gay
>>
>>15759543
This was fascinating shit, thanks anon.
>>
>>15760450
>>
>>15760439
> He was described as having unusually soft fair hair and an abnormally wide mouth, in which his teeth were heavily stained and on which the lips were almost invisible
Are there any drawfags on this board?
>>
>>15760125
>>
>>15760367
No they didn't. U.S. banks invested heavily into pre-war Germany before the stock market crashed. When it did they pulled their funding which put Germany in another economic depression letting Hitler come to power because everything fell apart.
>>
>>15760116
I would bet in a scenario where he was alive and had enough trauma as to just barely be able to move. Press all buttons for the next hours because that's the only thing that he was able to do.
Die from injuries at some point a few hours after.

Not sure how the voicemail works in america but here depending on the service provider a number of random things can make calls go directly to voicemail instead of ringing. Some of these include bad signal reception and receiving a call while making another one.

I would think it could be very easy to lose the cellphone inside the wreckage during rescue.

It's actually pretty horrifying to imagine yourself in such a situation.
>>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taman_Shud_Case

TL;DR guy is found dead on Aus beach. literally nobody ever finds out who he is. Autopsy shows nothing.
They later find, sown into his clothing, a piece of page torn of from the Rubiyhat saying "finished", and also a weird coding that has yet to be solved.
Also, a briefcase was later found with weird shit in it.
Check it out bros.
>>
>>15759782
my thoughts exactly.
>>
>>15760578
What about the jar or shock of the impact making the phone malfunction. This would also explain why only his contacts were called. Unless there is info that he called completely random numbers.
>>
>>15760612
>>
>>15759877
Lol I live near where that happened and I remember this story, pretty crazy shit
>>
>>15759789
that fucker got off scott free
i hate the justice system sometimes.
>>
>>15760578

The thing is he supposedly died on impact, and then they find his phone with a bunch of calls made after his death.

I agree with your point but I think this was some incredibly weird phenomenon with the brain, something like he had 10 "orders" queued up on his to-do-list and then he dies but his brain still carries out those orders.

You guys have all heard of people still controlling their severed hands for a few seconds and stuff, right?
>>
File: 45345232346645121.jpg (35KB, 553x369px) Image search: [Google]
45345232346645121.jpg
35KB, 553x369px
>>15759947
>ungrateful ape
>>
>>15760612
Honestly, this one always seemed really obvious to me. Someone just tried and failed to duplicate the exact same stunt they pulled off five years prior - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mincemeat

Most likely it had some links to the Cold War that was just starting. Some kind of disinformation case. Or hell, maybe it succeeded, but it's just never been declassified. Point is, almost every detail is similar - body washes up on shore, briefcase with strange documents, coded message, no clue to the identity.
>>
>>15760684
>>15760578

Supposedly the phone was never found. A death grip sounds more plausible than a severed arm dialing numbers.
>>
http://www.killadj.com/blog/2013/11/25/15-interesting-facts-edgar-allan-poe/
There's more creepy stuff about him, but this is the most I found in a single site
>>
>>15760715

I don't know, death grip gets off 1 maybe 2 distinct calls but 35 calls to at least 7 different people over a 10 hour period has got to be more than rigormortis.
>>
>>15760722
>>15760722
I agree. There is no evidence that his arm was not found. Be it severed or intact. So there would be a phone still in his hand, if that was the case.
>>
In 1929-1931 there were terrible floods in Central China, estimates say that 3.7-4 million people died as a result of it; the worst part of it however was that in 1931 when the flood was at its peak people were dying from water borne diseases and famine was a serious threat so people took to selling their wives and daughters, killing their children to save money and also a large outbreak of cannibalism.

More horrific than creepy but it sends chills down my spine to think that people would have not only considered but also gone through with eating their own children.
>>
>>15758825
Lmao that's the funniest shit i read in a minute
>>
File: 1402810167622.jpg (294KB, 1057x734px) Image search: [Google]
1402810167622.jpg
294KB, 1057x734px
>>15758678
>>
>>15760816

I appreciate the sentiment but I'm not sure it's appropriate to use a picture of somebody just moments before they're murdered and possibly raped. It just feels like it crosses a line of some sort.
>>
>>15759874
>After falling under suspicion of eating a toddler
>falling under suspicion

"Now, who do you think could've eaten this toddler?"
>>
>>15760859
Still creepy as fuck.
>>
>>15760859
you want to know what's creepier:
>did she get murdered first or raped?

wooooooo!
>>
>>15760816
>unimaginable fear
>"u look gross get away from me lol"
>>
>>15760888
Why not both at the same time?
>>
>>15760893
so what? like you have such a big dick you rupture her cooter?
>>
>>15760903
Or AIDs.
>>
>>15760859
Are you fucking serious?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dnepropetrovsk_maniacs
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3e6_1305649406&comments=1
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f8a_1308772420&comments=1
>>
>>15760908
I remember that.
>3 guys 1 hammer
>Right?
>>
File: taraCalico.jpg (109KB, 368x375px) Image search: [Google]
taraCalico.jpg
109KB, 368x375px
>>15760859
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Calico

Kidnapped from New Mexico in 1988. This photo was found a year later in a Florida parking lot. The boy is Michael Henley, kidnapped at the same time and place. His body was found in 1990. She's never been recovered. The obvious question is how and why did a photo of the two, bound and gagged, end up in Florida?
>>
>>15760922
Yep. Two of their lesser known "films". They made quite a few.
>>
I think the real creepy thing is that about 900k people went missing in the USA this year. Almost a million people just disappeared.
>>
>>15760946
source
>>
>>15760946
Where are you getting that figure from? I'm googling but I can't find anything definitive. FBI website report?
>>
>>15760924
Human trafficking wasn't widely known about back then. Maybe there were more pictures and they were a way to order these kids.
>>
>>15760979
There were. Two more photos have been found since, but they haven't been released to the public.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/08/29/new-letters-stir-20-year-old-unsolved-mystery-apparent-child-abduction-photos/
>>
>>15760972
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ncic/ncic-missing-person-and-unidentified-person-statistics-for-2013

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ncic/ncic-missing-person-and-unidentified-person-statistics-for-2012

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/09/23/missing-persons-children-numbers/16110709/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_person#United_States

There are some statistics for it.
>>
A really amazing thought I have sometimes is that for every weird thing we hear about there is at least one person who knows for sure what the truth is, they're almost always dead but I still think it's a cool thought.
>>
>>15760999
Jesus. I thought the number was misleading because of the removals vs. entries, but it looks like they removed 630,000 people from the list in 2013, but added 627,000 new ones for the same year. Fuck me.
>>
>>15761018
Thats people who are officially missing. I think someone has to file a report or something like that.

I doubt that number includes people who just disappeared and no one tried to look.
>>
>>15760924
Twenty years after her disappearance, Rene Rivera, sheriff of Valencia County, announced that he knew what had happened to Calico. According to Rivera, boys who knew her from school drove up behind her in a truck and some form of accident followed. Calico later died and those responsible covered up the crime.

So wait, this makes no sense. If they killed her accidentally and then tried to make it look like she was kidnapped then they couldn't have taken a picture of her alive and in distress.

They would have had to maybe seriously injure her (enough to warrant covering it up), take her and her brother hostage in order to take the picture and then finally kill them both.
>>
>>15760816
She's 14?
>>
>>15761056
The police aren't 100% sure that is her.
>>
>>15761056
Well, it wasn't her brother. It was a completely unrelated boy, just kidnapped from the same area at the same time.

Second, most people think that sheriff is completely full of shit because he won't reveal any details as to why he thinks this.
Thread posts: 149
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.