[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone else ever imagined something running alongside the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 8

File: tumblr_mireu7kcKf1rt4vpto1_500.gif (466KB, 480x436px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mireu7kcKf1rt4vpto1_500.gif
466KB, 480x436px
Has anyone else ever imagined something running alongside the car when you were a kid on long drives?
>>
>>15634442
it was sonic the hedgehog

or occasionally the flash
>>
>>15634442
Yep I did this regularly, imagining a being or person speeding along bounding over obstacles along the freeway
>>
>>15634442
I imagined me running alongside my car and jumping on roofs and stuff.

Weird right?
>>
I imagined a person skateboarding
>>
>>15634442
Not me but most of my mates say this has happened to them one way or another, people running, birds flying and people skateboarding.
>>
>>15634442
Wow always OP
Are you me ?
>>
File: KU5xXHL.jpg (71KB, 481x640px) Image search: [Google]
KU5xXHL.jpg
71KB, 481x640px
>>15634476
Yes
>>
It used to be some beast/monster for me.

Is there some reason why so many people do this aside from boredom?
>>
>>15634561
I have honestly been wondering the same thing
As lame as it may be I wanted to write a little creepypasta about it.
>>
>>15634580
Give it a go.
>>
I did the same thing!
>>
>>15634442
I usually imagined some vidya character jumping across obstacles and shit along with the car. I guess I just spent a decent amount of time on the road when I was younger, had to come up with some way of keeping myself entertained.
>>
>>15634442

No, but I did liked to see how my perception of movement would change depending on what I was looking at. If I was looking down at the lines on the road and tried to focus on one, it would go by so fast and just look like a rapid blur, but once I looked up and forward, it would be like we were going slow.
>>
>>15634442
I imagined a ribbon tying around trees and poles
>>
I imagined a dude using a grappling hook doing parkour over trees and shit. Weird that I'm not the only one
>>
Imagined is a strong word. Considering that I was a very meticulous, ocd-prone child I counted the number of instances, whether they looked like a limb etc, and the sections of ground covered over time and distance between logical breaks such as large open areas, bridges, and bodies of water that would have interfered with movement.

On a few occasions I noticed enough of a correlation in instances that I am still convinced that it was not my imagination.
>>
when i was a kid?

fuckin, today i was imagining ninjas.
>>
I remember doing this, but I don't have any clear memories of who or what was going alongside the car.
>>
I imagined a monkey like Diddy Kong. He was a bad ass who could grind on rails, jump from pole to pole and never hit the ground.

I was surprised to hear other people did this.
>>
>>15634442
I always imagined holding a really, really long sword out the window that would plow through shit as the car drove along.
>>
If there was a stain on the window, I bobbed my head up and down to change my perception of the stain and have it "leap" and "duck" over obstacles like trees and houses. Shit was weird.
>>
>>15634442
i still do when taking the buss. get really into it to, with music from ear plugs and everything.
>>
>>15634789
My nigga.
>>
>>15635405
bet that looked funny
>>
File: pacland.png (4KB, 288x224px) Image search: [Google]
pacland.png
4KB, 288x224px
>>15634442
I always did it with this guy. Thought it was just me

> pic related
>>
>>15635405
You're the first person in one of these threads that have done what I did. You are my most niggest of niggers.
>>
For me it was always sonic or shinobi. Thanks for the nostalgia
>>
>>15634442
Why have most people done this?
>>
>>15634561
Sidescrolling vidya
>>
I would imagine a more awesome version of myself doing it.
I would do the head bob stain thingy usually with dead bugs.
I would do the sword thingy
....why are all you niggers me?
>>
spend most of my life on roads, always imagine a grey horse that could jump anything. Anyone know of any psychological meaning about the whole running thing?
>>
I used to imagine a black athlete running by my side. Whenever the car stopped he would also stop to do stretches and when we started rolling he would smile and give a thumbs up.
>>
It was Super mario for me
>>
I still do that now, I have an imaginary friend that runs along side the car. She has awesome hair colours, ranging from purple to bright red. She sometimes has a skateboard and skates on the motorway, or jumps from lamppost to lamppost. She's awesome and my journeys would be boring wothout her. xxx
>>
>>15634442
I would always picture me riding a dirt bike.
>>
I imagined a dude on a tiny motorcycle names 'Mack'. He would do jumps and sick flips off of the curb or those little reflectors on highways.
>>
>>15634454
me too dude!
>>
>>15634713
That's pretty.

I used to pretend trucks at night were fairy or firefly swarms.
>>
It was usually a DBZ character, maybe two of them fighting.
>>
>>15634442
Yep. I used to, and sometimes still do, imagine a cheetah running beside the car, jumping over obstacles and such. Also sometimes a chinese dragon flying beside the car.
>>
A ninja turtles game usually
>>
>>15634453

I used to imagine myself, then as my environment broke me down emotionally, spiritually, mentally, physically it became a guardian or a friend following me as if to silently say "I'm watching over you. I'll follow you for now." Now with my kundalini rising for the last time, its like living in reverse where everything is coming back and being amended.
>>
I used to do it with my fingers, then i imagined mario, later it became sonic, and the jsrf guys as well.
I still do it from time to time, does anyone know why we do this?
>>
>>15635385
Thats a good one
>>
>>15635751
I figured, but i remember doing it with my fingers before any vidya character.
>>
>>15635851
I wonder why the op image tries to relate this to spoopy happenings when it's more about joy and fun and shit.
Yeah, it's a bit spooky to see that most people do it without an aforementioned knowledge of it, it comes naturally, but people always imagine cool shit so...

Maybe its a spoop following you and trying to lure you out of your car, good creepypasta material.
>>
>>15634453
Huh. I still do that.

Guess I'm not the only one.
>>
File: dog-w.gif (1MB, 322x239px) Image search: [Google]
dog-w.gif
1MB, 322x239px
>>
A guy running/skating on power lines.
>>
>>15634442
I regularly see people made of light running along side my car.
Only at night though
>>
>>15634443
are you me?
i did exactly the same thing.
>>
my biggest fear was that through the window of one of the houses we drove past I would witness a murder....I don't know why, probably because at night windows are like little tv's

also
>car ride innawoods
>looking out back window but not at houses because of above reason
>dude lunges at our car from my side of the road, clothing tattered, maybe drunk I couldnt tell
>mom screams as she is on my side, he came out twards us right before we passed him so our headlights caught him
>dad swerved/he reached for our call
>dad calls 911
>never spoken of again
>>
>>15634734
that was just me playing Just Cause 2
>>
>>15634442
That never crossed my mind as a child or now. Usually I fell asleep on long drives.
>>
>>15636092
You mean using two fingers like legs and make your hand run in front of the window? That's what I did. I also made it jump over obstacles. Didn't know someone else ever did this, but I guess there's always someone who did the same thing.
>>
>>15634442
i imagined myself running a little faster than the car
>>
>>15636092
Because we have imaginations.
>>
>>15634442
Of course, mine was a black stick figure with a long tail, doing all kinds of flashy kills of the people passing by with super strenght and destroying some environment. No it was not fucked up or edgy wannabe, it was just cool, a la devil may cry fun.
>>
Mine was a dude roller blading who would grind off all the guard rails and do sweet tricks on flat ground
>>
mine was a white pegasus who would alternate galloping on flat terrain and gliding over obstacles.
>>
>>15634442
All the time. Werewolves, my toys, other stuff. Jumping from car to car or sign to sign, not touching the ground.
>>
I still do.
DON'T JUDGE ME.
>>
>>15634442
Yes, every time
>>
File: Noonenen.png.png (410KB, 500x742px) Image search: [Google]
Noonenen.png.png
410KB, 500x742px
>>15634443
>>
>>15634443
holy shit!!
i imagined sonic too, i thought i was the only one
>>
>>15634442
>>15634442
I did imagine this as a kid, but like a lot of others, I didn't imagine anything scary. I imagined things like cheetahs and superheroes.

When I first started dating my wife, she told me a story about haunted mountain tunnels in Japan, one specifically stood out that involved the corporeal ghost of an insane old woman who one would see in the rear view mirror if one happened to look while passing through a particular tunnel. She would get closer and closer, in spite of the fact that she was on foot. Most drivers would speed up, faster and faster through mountain roads but she would continue to gain on them until she was crawling up the rear of the vehicle. Eventually the driver, terrified and in a panic would make some kind of mistake and plummet off the road to their doom.
>>
File: 1415443614884.png (61KB, 252x221px) Image search: [Google]
1415443614884.png
61KB, 252x221px
>>15637282
That would be fucking terrifying
>>
>>15634454
me too, sometimes kinda silversurfer dude
>>
for me, It was the moon.

As a kid I was terrified of the moon

i moved my head around so I'd avoid looking at the moon,so wherever I bobbed my head the moon would be behind trees/building etc.

fuck the moon.
>>
>>15637512
WE'VE WOKEN THE HIIIVE!
>>
>>15634454
Oh my god this was me my entire childhood! I have never heard someone say they share this experience, amazed to pseudo-meet you /b/ro
>>
>>15634453
Holy shit, same
>>
Mario, chupacabras (sometimes a giant insect-like version), no one in specific (those were more about visually tracing the path someone would take), a long ass sword and the one no one has mentioned so far:

Some sort of tank like machine that moved forward by constatly shooting sytches(?) with ropes, pulling the ropes and plucking the sytches underneath it to throw them again. I imagined it being awesomely destructive to the ground
>>
hah, this is more common than i'd have thought
>>
>>15635405
I did that too
>>
>>15637512
Exactly the same with me.
>>
>>15634443
so much this
never imagined flash tho
>>
I would imagine either someone skateboarding in the ditches doin narly tricks or someone on a dirtbike, also doing narly tricks

god bless tony hawk pro skater
>>
I did but not often, I think I mostly imagined faces popping up when we stopped or my reflection coming alive and turning evil or some shit.
>>
>>15636078
Soon you will be bounding along roads jumping over roof tops, casting that protective kind glance into the windows of your parents car, as you stare out of the window, at your Kundalini wizened soul.
>>
>>15636047

Same here
>>
>>15634442
>the literal effects of boredom and growing up with sidescroller video games.
>>
File: bac2.jpg (100KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
bac2.jpg
100KB, 500x333px
>>15634454

I imagined this but at highway speeds
>>
>>15635405
Are you me
>>
For me it was disney tarzan.
>>
>>15634442
That pic is unsettling and the reason being cuz I was told a story once. A friend who is a christian btw, told me about how his pastor from his church and the pastors family were driving across Canada, from Saskatchewan to the maritimes; I mean packed up everything and was moving the whole family to the east coast to start over and continue their mission, in hopes to spread influence at their new church. Well he goes on to explain that it was very late into the night and everyone in the car except for the driver(pastor) and his wife in the passenger seat were asleep. As they crossed the border into northern Ontario, something came out of the dense dark woods and started running next to the car, VERY similar to that picture except it was running on two legs like a man, in fact he described it was a very lanky disgusting man, with a horrid face. The wife screamed but did not want to wake the children, so they drove faster, and kept looking straight ahead, trying to ignore it, while saying prayers. It followed alongside their van for a short while before disappearing back into the woods.

No idea what to make of it, but he explained that they believe in these things called principalies or something along that line. Where in terms of the christian religion, the closer you are to god, or the truth, or whatever you want to call it, the more these things will reveal themselves to you, to test you, or scare you off your path. Anyway, its a chilling story to say the least
>>
>>15634442
I used to amuse myself by thinking Sonic would be running around grinding on telephone wires and if it was raining either running on the water near the sidewalk edge or surfing on it.
>>
>>15634453
Yea i did similar to either me or characters i knew who would be able to do stuff like that.
>>
>>15635872
My negative albino
so did I
>>
I can't believe many others did this too, oh god.
>>
I did this. Typically it was either Spider-Man swinging/jumping on power lines and shit, my actual hand making legs with my fingers and making it run and jump along, or the Flash.
>>15635385
I did this too, but it was a laser. The Resident Evil movie kind of messed me up as a kid.
>>
>>15634454
Fucking this
>>
>>15634453
fuck fuck fuck i did the same shit when i was kid in the car
>>
Once or twice I imaged a bird.
But really I just looked outside and kept on skipping my eyes to the next feature, the next tree or post.
>>
Yeah I did, or someone on a bike doing tricks outta drainage ditches along the road
>>
Pretty wild how everyone has done this in some form or another. A lot of examples I know the feel.

These days imagine standing on top of a car with a sledgehammer and jumping at the precise moment into a road sign to wear the bottom of the mallet or whatnot connects perfectly flat with the sign, the momentum and our combined weight bending the sign back, and then it just slinging my fucking body into the distance.

Also, and this might be a stretch, but when the wipers are on, does anyone like to zone out to watching the wipers come down in between objects like power poles, or road lines, and then times it to wear it comes up, avoiding them? lol
>>
>>15634704
I did this a lot.
>>
>>15644123
Goddamn, fucking *where. Kill me.
>>
>>15634442
yea id imagine sonic the hedgehog jumpin over obstacles or somethin similar
>>
I used to do this shit all the time. I thought I was the only one that did this, but then I saw this not so long ago. I always used to (and still do sometimes) imagine spiderman slinging and jumping across the treelines, or some skateboarder doing sweet grinds on the guard rail on motorways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AJpKt6UP08
>>
File: Nixoncominfordatass.png (3MB, 1042x1258px) Image search: [Google]
Nixoncominfordatass.png
3MB, 1042x1258px
Alright, so get this!
>Be me 7-8 years old
>Dad was trying to teach me the presidents with flash cards
>Gets to Nixon and I get scared
>Dad notices this
>Scares me with Nixon card all day
>One day later, we go to a gas station outside of town
>The Whole way I'm freaking out that Nixon will run up and bust through my window and steal me
>Doesn't happen
Looking back on this always makes me laugh
>>
I always imagined a shadow running alongside the car. Just shadow, no real objects like a fast-running bigfeet or something
>>
holy shit yes, all the fkn time. I use to pretend that someone was skating tho and grinding on shit.
>>
>>15634453
Loads of people do this, might seem rare but just ask a few people you know
>>
>>15644123
God damn I used to watch the wipers land in the space between the power poles/lights and I lost points if they landed off beat of whatever music was on or if they collided with an obstacle.
>>
For me it was a wolf.
>>
Swear to shit I used to see that thing all the time when in the back of the car as a kid. Used to freak the shit out of me, I thought I was the only one that imagined it.

mfw fucking thing popped into my mind the other day on a long drive home and now here I am on a thread about it.
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.