[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
ITT Interstellar conspiracy:
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 27
ITT Interstellar conspiracy:

Last week, I went to see Interstellar into a movie theater with couple of my friends. Long story short - I was temendously dissapointed by this latest work of Nolan a director whom I held in great respect. The plot was terrible (with a great deal of cheap conveniences and outright plotholes), the characters were bland (I think this was one of the most overly melodramatic/artificial roles of McConaughey in a long time) and I'd say that the visual were literally the only thing in the movie that deserved any kind of recognition whatsoever.

I was stunned to see so many people not only satisfied, but enchanted with the movie. I mean, to me, it seemed downright awful, and so painfully obviously so that I didn't even begin to think that anything more but a small minority of the movie-goers could like it. I got into several discussion regarding the film since I've seen it, and people seem to use very strange arguments while defending it.

I know I'm going to sound like a nut here, but hey, this is /x/ right? I've entertained the thought that there might be some sort of subliminal messaging in the movie, that would make people like it and consider it a good movie for quite irrational reasons. I know it is a bit preposterous, and that a much easier explanation is available - people have different tastes than me and/or are stupid conformists who go with the hype. But still, I think it's a fun thing to think about - I mean, Interstellar isn't the single shitty space movie that has gotten.great general reception (Gravity, I'm looking at you).

What's your two cents on this? Could Interstellar be just a piece of cinematographic pseudo-propaganda of some sort? What ends would it serve? What might be some of the potential subliminal messaging in the movie?
>>
>I was temendously dissapointed by this latest work of Nolan a director whom I held in great respect.

that's what you get for being a pleb
>>
If there are some sort of subliminal messages in the movie then why didn't you pick up them?

Also fucking >>/tv/
>>
It was NWO propaganda to the max.

>Huerr y u kill planet, u haev to be farmer because no food. Evil humans, funny robot! Future is paradise on a O'Neill cylinder, but only the 1% gets to leave.

Wow, such an uplifting message.

Nolan is a fucking fascist shill.
>>
I think a lot of concepts they relayed could confuse people as their ideas are erroneous.
>>
>>15481120
>>15481148

Interstellar was a great movie.

Troll harder next time faggots
>>
>>15481148
Nolan was killed and cloned a long time ago bro
>>
>>15481120
1. you're a pleb as >>15481129 stated

2. nolan knows how to impress plebs like you. his movies have always been shitty

3. as this anon said >>15481132
>>>/tv/
>>
>>15481129
This. Nolan was never not a hack. He's not even technically good.
>>
>>15481120
It was pushing the depopulation agenda unfortunately, but that's a common theme in entertainment these days
>>
OP reporting:

>>15481129
>>15481179

Look, I really liked Nolan's earlier work. Memento was my favorite movie of all time, Prestige and Insomnia were pretty great as well. The second installment of Batman trilogy was pretty good too, considering I don't usually go for superhero movies. Inception had a really interesting theme, but it seemed to me a bit over-hyped. And now, this.

I don't consider myself a movie pleb. My favorite director is Terrence Mallick, who is by my standards pretty low key and I find his work superb and esoterically phillosophical (e.g. there are some very subtle referrences to gnosticism).


>>15481148
>>15481227

I dunno, I don't think it possibly could be as simple as that.


>>15481153
>>15481155

^^ Fine specimen of people I talked about in my original post.
Also, fck off with the >>>/tv/, this is /x/ stuff. Everyday, you get people on here rubbing their dicks off to pictures from Eyes wide shut/Space odyssey and noone's complaining about that.
>>
>>15481148
>only the 1% gets to leave
Did you watch the movie?
Plan A was to get EVERYONE off the planet.
>>
>>15481296
You're too autistic to understand that different people like different things. They aren't always going to agree with your point of view.
>>
>>15481227
How did it push that agenda when the point of the movie was to get everyone off the planet?
>>
Meh, I liked it, except all the black hole stuff that didn't really make sense, all in all its a pretty good scifi movie. Subliminal message? I can't really tell. If it did have one, it went over my head.
>>
ever see the episode of south park where stan gets aspergers OP?
>>
>>15481424

I have no problem with people having different opinions, it just puzzles me when a movie has so many obvious signatures of bad craftmanship, yet only a fraction of people who seen it seems to notice it.
>>
>>15481452

Yeah, I can see how that relates to my post. It might also explain my drinking habits, though I've always considered myself more of a social drinker.
>>
>>15481455
Does it puzzle you that people like Justin Bieber become super popular?

In terms of films, most people without autism are capable of recognizing these flaws (bad craftmanship) and enjoying the movie anyway.

You just sound like a pretentious dick.
>>
>>15481483
>In terms of films, most people without autism are capable of recognizing these flaws
>Actually believing this
Shitty cliche things are popular because people like shitty cliche things.
>>
>>15481489
Yeah, I bet all the films you watch are super original and devoid of any cliches.
>>
>He didn't think Gravity was good

I haven't seen Interstellar yet, but it's clear these kind of movies just ain't yo thang. These aren't the usual "storytelling" movies that comprise 80% of cinema. They're attempts to describe the human condition.

It's hard to explain to someone who "doesn't get it" why works like these are so appealing, but you will eventually come to understand. It's something we all have to face eventually.
>>
>>15481501
I don't generally watch movies or television but your impotent whining is very inspiring. As we all know the pinnacle of entertainment is Nikki Minaj and Star Wars.
>>
>>15481296
Oh, you're a gnostic. No wonder all of your opinions are shit.
>>
>>15481120
>interstellar
>Plot holes
Negro please, Interstellar has no plot holes. Its not the movie's fault that you're stupid
>>
>>15481489
Yeah, like cats on the internet.
>>
Scientology propaganda designed to stay in our subconscious.
Mama ganja told me.
>>
>>15481516
Well my name came from a dump of lovecraft stories I was doing. That does not prevent pop-culture from being mostly shit, which is not a controversial statement.
>>
>>15481526
Yeah, way to play into pop culture references looking for our approval.
>>
>>15481530
>Anything besides le squidman
>Pop culture
>"Looking for our approval"
>Loud, obscene namefaggot

Are you really defending mass produced bullshit designed for maximum sales with pointless vague bitching right now, you fucking moron?
>>
File: image.jpg (323 KB, 917x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
323 KB, 917x720
>>15481505
You must be popular with girls
>>
>>15481542
Muh supririor tastis
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 640x1136
>>15481545
Epic meme my good sir. Remember to watch you television and major studio productions! It's good for you.
>The paranormal board actually defending hollywood and pop-culture

See this is why I just come here to call you dumb queers
>>
>>15481542
>Love me daddy, look at me daddy, love me daddy.
>>
>>15481552
Do you realize hoy stupid your implication is?
Being that stupid is indeed paranormal
>>
>>15481549
have you spread the good word of Game of Thrones and Walking Bad today? Make sure everyone knows about Breaking Thrones and if they don't conform you must convert them!
>>
>>15481526
>Pop culture is shit
>Lovecraft
Oh the irony.
>>
>>15481542
Please enlighten us with quality entertainment approved by you
>>
>>15481552
Wow do you honestly think anyone cares that you are a girl?

ALthough it does explain why your posts are so stupid.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 373x327) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 373x327
>>15481558
>>
>>15481552
The only paranormal thing here is that you don't seem to be in the kitchen
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 320x320) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 320x320
>>15481553
>>15481555
>Being so mad you have nothing to say
>Replying anyway
>Hurrr ur dumb but I can't explain why because I'm just whining in defense of blockbuster movies

Hahahaha. This board is such total fucking garbage now. That sketchy people thread was a real eye opener. You are literally all little dramatic girls.

Until next time <3
>>
>>15481569
>You are literally all little dramatic girls.
Says the person who is literally a dramatic little girl.
>>
>>15481569
>cant deal with people calling out her bullshit
>x doesnt bow to muh superior taste in films
>being a dramatic little girl while screaming the entire board are the dramatic little girls
>doesnt realize the board is shit because of posters like her who whant posters talking about her being a special snowflake instead of discussing the supernatural

Thank god you're going.
>>
>>15481514

1) You can send messages through the wormhole from solar system to the Gargantua system. Also, scientists on the planets in the Gargantua system are able to send reports regarding the different planets suitability for life. But Cooper and his merry fellows can't because we need McConaughey to cry his sorry ass out in front of a screen.

2) When Cooper is rescued after being trapped in Tesseract, he's told to go after doctor Brandt. Meanwhile, his daughter has aged to ~70 years, but we are somehow to assume this hasn't happened to Brandt. The planet she's on is outside the gravitational pull of Gargantua, therefore there should be no time dilation. Also she probably wouldn't spend much time in cryosleep, since she's tasked with rescuing humanity through option B and therefore would probably have to take care of the incubators/whatever shit they're using to breed the humans. By the time Cooper arrived to the planet, she should by either A) Mrs. Saggytits or more likely B) dead

3) When Cooper and Brandt arrive to the water-planet, they leave their ship far off in Gargantua's orbit, instead of the planet's orbit. They justify this with saying that it will "save them time". In all actuality, this accomplishes excactly nothing, except the black guy having to wait all by himself 23 years inside the spaceship.

I think these are the really big plotholes that have nothing to do with astrophysics and can be ascribed purely to the laziness of screenwriters. There are also many plot conveniences as well. There is a top-secret, uber important NASA project, yet no-one bothers to properly train pilots astronauts in advance? Or that aboard the ship, after leaving Earth, the black astronaut explains to the rest of the crew how wormholes work. Don't you find anything odd about someone explaining the most basic principle of how wormholes work to the experienced astronaut crew, the "humanity's best", when they're just headed for one?
>>
>>15481666

I could continue. But I think this is enough to prove my point.
>>
>>15481670
>>15481666
All of this is explained in the film. If you actually paid attention you would understand.
>>
>>15481511

Never said I am. I read a lot about different religions, gnosticism being one of those.
>>
>>15481673

Okay. Pray, could you re-tell me how is a single of those questions answered in movie?
>>
>>15481682

Way to deflect the accusation.

Well, are you or are you not a gnostic?
>>
>>15481686
Why should I spoon feed you all the answers?

You were too stupid to understand the film, and instead of accepting your flaws you accuse the film of being wrong.
>>
>>15481687

No, I am not. If I'm anything, I'm a syncretist.
>>
>>15481694

Would you not do so even if I asked you, humbly, asked to enlighten my poor little ignorant self? Or atleast try? If I said please?
>>
>>15481120

>I went to see interstellar into a movie theater
> into a movie theater
> movie theater

you dont get out much, do you?
>>
>>15481666

> no-one bothers to properly train pilots astronauts in advance
They had trained people, but those people had only really used simulations.

And the black guy was explaining wormholes to Cooper specifically, rather than the rest of them.


The other planet did suffer time dilation, so basically when Cooper comes out the other side of the wormhole and is picked up, only a few minutes have passed between him and Brandt leaving eachother.
>>
>>15481707

It's goddamn convenient that Cooper comes and they just give him the job. If they needed him so bad, they could've contacted him years before hand.

All astronaut's are required to have a technical college degree. I would find it hard to believe that Cooper, a man who has a bookshelf spanning across an entire wall in his house wouldn't know one of the most basic and most pop-culture referrenced theoretical principle of astrophysics.

I'm pretty sure it's explicitly mentioned atleast one time in the movie that the other planet does not suffer the time dilation. The planet Matt Damon's on doesn't have it, and it's much closer to the Black Hole than the former.
>>
>>15481741
>It's goddamn convenient that Cooper comes
It's convenient because he sent himself there.

The wormhole thing is for our benefit really. They explain it to cooper because he is a pilot, and therefore not required to know all about hwo wormholes work.

It's explicitly stated that Matt Damons planet is the furthest from the wormhole. That's why they go there, rather than losing more time on the closer planet.
>>
>>15481754

Well, if you do away with half the things in movie saying "it happens because it happens", I don't think you're left with a very thought provoking movie. Doesn't it seem atleast a bit like lazy screenwriting to you?

The wormhole explanation is another example of that. Nolan could've had one of the astronauts explain how wormholes work to someone back on the Earth, maybe a relative, a kid who's asking "where are you going, daddy?". This would give a nice bit of backstory to the characters, and would actually make sense. I mean, I could take a conveninece like this from a B-grade sci-fi, but a 57 million flick? Come on.

Look, I'll admit I'm not quite sure about the Mann's planet being closer right now and I can't find any synopsis that mentions it. Still, if there was such a time dilation, then it's entirely possible that Brandt travelled to the planet and found her loverboy still alive, maybe with a broken comm gadget. Cooper would become an accidental third wheel. And if something killed Brandt's boyfriend, it's entirely possible it would do away the same with her before Cooper arrived.
>>
>>15481120
>something is popular, but I am intellectually enlightened, so I know it's awful
*tips fedora and twirls katana*
>>
>>15481847
It is not a secret that a lot popular things are shit, you memetic, race-to-the bottom retards. Calling a blockbuster or top 40 album weak is in no way controversial, or some new idea. Especially a fucking pew pew lazor sci-fi movie made for 3D. Shut the fuck up.
>>
File: my sides.gif (528 KB, 160x160) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
my sides.gif
528 KB, 160x160
>>15481558
holy shit just kill yourself already
>>
>>15481870
Upset because you're in the grips of television, anon? Shame.
>>
>>15481847

Well that's really not what I mean. Look when Prometheus came up, it got called out for being shit. The general populace recognized that. It had just like Interstellar many ridiculous plot conveniences (I can't think of a plothole in Prometheus, but then again no one was time travelling there), and in a way, both movies are strikingly similiar. Both movies were well-hyped before coming to theaters, both were science fiction epics from famous writers.

The one big difference I see between Prometheus and Interstellar is that Interstellar is passed off as a 'hard sci-fi', while Prometheus is pure fantasy. Well, actually, maybe that's why people adore it so much, because it is in a way a celebrational hymn about the modern technology and science (especially astrophysics) and it's salvific effect on humanity. That would kinda make sense.
>>
>>15481873
>Upset
the only one upset about life here is you
>>
>>15481884
>Hurr fucking durr don't ever say anything bad about anything

Kill yourself you brainwashed postmodern retard
>>
>>15481898
except i don't even watch tv shows anymore fucktard and game of thornes is garbage, also if you're not one of those contrarian edgy teenage retards you should just end your life now
>>
>>15481909
>Waaahhh don't point out when things suck and people are dumb while I'm telling you to kill yourself bcuz kid ;_;

Wow anon you're a hypocrite aren't you?
>I don't watch TV and those shows suck
You're like self-admitted atheists who spam the fedora meme, apparently as well. What a fucking retard you are.
>>
File: 61lDc.gif (472 KB, 450x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61lDc.gif
472 KB, 450x500
>>15481120
Well, what's going on in this neck of the woods.
>>
>>15481120
I heard loads of people raving about how amazing it is so I watched the trailer and all I could think is this is it looks like a re worked Armageddon.

>World is ending
>badass renegade protagonist has to save the world
>he is disillusioned at the people trying to sign him up
>has a tragic back story
>accepts the mission because is inspired to save the only person in the world he cares about

I haven't seen the film though, is it as similar to Armageddon as the trailer suggests?
>>
>>15481666
1) messages just go from the SS to Gargantua, not from Gargantua to the SS. They explain this several times in the movie. Scientist on the planets dont send shit back to earth. Why do you thing they start evaluating which planet visit first AFTER the wormhole, when they START receiving the signals.

2)You're not to assume shit, the gravitational slingshot around gargantua cost them 50 years. Again, they say this in the movie.

3)Did you not pay attention to the part when Romilly says all that time investigating Gargantua is going to be gold for prof. Brand's research and that he'll try to get messages back to Earth while they return?

>untrained pilots
Unexperienced, not untrained

>wormhole explanation
He just tells it to Coop, not the entire crew and its meant as exposition for the audience

Now I have some questions for you:
1) did you actually watch the movie?
2) do you have ADD?
>>
>>15481666
He wasn't actually trying to explain how a wormhole works, but why its opening would look like a sphere rather than a circle, as it was expected by Cooper.
Pay more attention next time.
Also, Brandt suffered the same amount of time dilation as Cooper while crossing Gargantua's accretion disk, so they end up having the same age.
>>
>>15481956
I thought you were leaving this thread. You're a very stupid gurl
>>
>>15482017
This. Most of the people complaining about plotholes are just mentally challenged.
>>
>>15481695
>Which includes being a gnostic.
>>
>>15481869
>I'm angry because somebody realized I'm a fedora wearing neckbeard
so what things are shit, it doesn't mean you have to go bitch about it
I have some advice, if you don't like something, don't watch it
>>
File: 0489dc81c5cc0227.jpg (360 KB, 1200x665) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
0489dc81c5cc0227.jpg
360 KB, 1200x665
>mfw its right in front of your face.
>mfw its not the first time.

I owe you a drink, Kubrick!
;)
>>
>>15482096
"Know before hand whether you'll like something you've never experienced!"
"Never ever criticize a bad work. That might annoy someone who likes it!"

These are not quality pieces of advice.
>>
>>15482160
Xeno arrived, the thread is officially shit :/
>>
>>15482017
>>15482036

I've just went and rewatched the key scenes in shitty cam rip:

1) I At the secret NASA base and the astronaut guy that dies first says there:
"If they found a world that showed potential, then they could send out a signal, bed down for the long nap and wait for the rescue" [...] "Data transmission back from the wormhole is rudimentary. Simple binary pings on an annual basis give us clue as to which worlds have potential."

2) Okay, at this one you might have a point, I forgot about that. When they're deciding which planet to visit, dr. Brandt says that dr. Edmund's planet has a better chance of sustaining life, because it is farther away from Gargantua than dr. Mann's world and the water-world. So there's probably minimal dilation. If Brandt manages to survive the time it will take Cooper to get to her planet, and if dr. Edmund is dead as presumed (and if the thing that killed him does not kill Brandt) we might have a happy end.

3) Okay, to get to the bottom of this, it does make sense to only take the ranger and leave the rest of the ship in orbit of the blackhole, if the docking time took a considerable amount of time and if Ranger by itself could fly faster than the station. Still, I'm not sure why did the black astronaut tag along, I mean it's super cool that he laid back and thought about black holes for a few years, but what life support? Was it indefinite for them?

About the personal questions:

1) Yes
2) I don't have it diagnosed, so probably not
>>
>>15481120

The movie did contain a great amount of subliminal data, which can probably not be considered a coincidence, but intentional insertion. Since I always keep a mental buffering on when viewing audiovisual content, I was able to detect and analyze some of this data instead of being directly affected by it.

By what I can tell, I do not think the information relayed was outright hypnotic suggestion, or "brainwashing", but more like a series of triggers used to activate already established programming on a limited number of people. At least the data observed didn't seem complete enough to directly influence behavior. So at worst you should only experience a certain degree of discomfort by the feed and do not need to worry about it affecting your behavior.
>>
>>15481831
Why is it so weird that a pilot who would never have needed to fly through a wormhole doesn't know exactly how a wormhole works?
He knew what it was, but he didn't know exactly how it functions. Not that big a stretch really.

Brandts boyfriend died on impact, but the computer and the signal kept sending out the message that the planet was suitable.
>>
>>15481869
>Especially a fucking pew pew lazor sci-fi movie
You have no idea what you are talking about do you?

>>15481873
I can't believe you got so butthurt you chagned your name.
>>
>>15482388
>Since I always keep a mental buffering on when viewing audiovisual content, I was able to detect and analyze some of this data instead of being directly affected by it.
You sound like a fucking autistic spaz. you aren't a robot, you're just slow.
>>
>>15482271
They don't take the whole ship down to conserve fuel. Leaving it in orbit uses 0 fuel, but flying it down and back up for each planet would use up a lot of fuel meaning less fuel to get them from planet to planet.
>>
>>15481869
>Interstellar
>pew pew lazor sci-fi
>3D
Good lord
>>
>>15482388
This is cringeworthy
>>
>>15482453

I'm only reporting my observations. I suppose telling about my methods was unnecessary.
>>
>>15482271
>muh plot holes part deux
>still no plot holes
>>
>>15482480
i want to punch you so bad.
>>
>>15482480
Making shit about how you are a special snowflake isn't the same as reporting your observations.
>>
>>15482499

You are welcome to try. I didn't write "like a robot" to annoy you though, but because the information is what matters, not my personality.
>>
>>15482503

So basically, I mentioned doing something slightly unusual and you got jealous instead of thinking about the matter itself?
>>
>>15482519
You mentioned doing something that is absolute bullshit.
>>
>>15481120

Interstellar is the same Republican suggestive bullshit that Inception and the Batman films were. Strong individualist patriotic man uses money to save us all from our pathetic human impulses and rises above emotional and unstable women and lesser men groomed by the establishment to be the hero we "need" not the one we deserve, administering justice to a sick society like a vaccine, always going forth, never retreating.

Interstellar in particular is disgustingly transcendentalist in its approach with the male lead being basically the "last American hero" refusing to let humanity die with the Earth and pushing forward. It's also really funny how the film blames the climate situation on an overly greedy and materialistic 20th century when we all know it's basically America refusing to give a shit about carbon emissions and its effects on world climate.
>>
>>15482593
And the prize for the most humongous retard in this thread goes to...
>>
Dunno about that, >>15482706 also seems to want that prize
>>
File: image.jpg (373 KB, 960x1620) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
373 KB, 960x1620
>all these people not realizing this is shitposting general

Com'on, the OP literally says, "I don't like thing, why do all these people like thing? MUST BE HIDDEN MESSAGES TO MAKE THEM THINK IT'S GOOD".
>>
>>15482593

It was a nice touch that everyone continued to drive around in huge landraper trucks. Nevertheless, it was only a movie.
>>
>austismal movie reviews
>>
>>15481120
>stupid conformists who go with the hype.

You answered your own question. Media tells everyone this is a great movie. Most people are fucking retarded sheep and go along with the narrative. Giant Nolan fan but its looks stupid like you said.
>>
I kind of liked it as the third part of the Prestige Trilogy (worth reading about if you haven't) but can't forgive it for using almost the exact wormhole explanation as Event Horizon.
>>
>>15483240
The wormhole explanation doesn't come from Event Horizon, duh...
>>
>>15483273
Of course not, but Nolan could have come up with another way to illustrate it instead of the pencil thing.
>>
>>15483068
>>15481120

>Nolan Fans

honestly if you think Nolan is in anyway a good director you have no right criticising other peoples film taste
>>
>>15481545
>b-better to pretend to l-like something to fit in the with the g-girls than have an opinion over your own guys!

You realize that women are not attracted to spineless fags?
>>
>>15483068

Basically this. You don't really understand it, but everyone says it's great so you say it must be great, I just don't get it.

Kind of like why people think the Big Bang Theory is funny, when it's really not and the laugh track just goes on all the time and people don't get the jokes, but they think it's funny because they hear people laughing.

Stand up comedians get the same treatment when they have laughs edited in when their set airs on TV.
>>
>>15483322
>You realize that women are not attracted to spineless fags?

You don't go out much do you?
>>
>>15483068
>>15483331
>Everyone's a sheep!
>But not me, because I am le special snowflake!
>>
File: fascism.png (125 KB, 886x1322) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fascism.png
125 KB, 886x1322
>>15481148
>fascist
Stop using words you don't know the meaning of you stupid left wing collage age faggot.
>>
without reading this whole thread ...i JUST watched this movie and was highly disappointed at it as well ..so was my date who is someone i have recently met that is just like me ( tons in common and both very much into the occult etc ) One of the longest boring dry movies i have ever seen ..didnt see what others found so fascinating about it at all
>>
File: addi2.jpg (25 KB, 452x391) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
addi2.jpg
25 KB, 452x391
Okay, let me redpill you all on Interstellar

It's basically luciferian propaganda.

I've come to this conclusion based on several reasons, including mainly symbology, epistemology, and ontological concepts.

The films premise is that man is able to save himself, pull himself up by his bootstraps by placing himself in the position of God himself IE the singularity of a black hole. How do I figure? God is described theologically as being outside of time AND space as Cooper places himself towards the end.

How does he get there? Through a wormhole symbolically placed right next to Saturn, a religiously pagan and historical metaphor for Satan/El, whatever other names countless pagan religions have given him. The film symbolically has Saturn (Lucifer) raise man to the level of God. Man goes through Saturn to become God.

TLDR the movie implies that through Satan man can elevate himself to the position of God and save himself.
>>
>>15481120

Interstellar is really similar to Inception, it's a very simple story at heart with a layer of mindfuck logic puzzles on top (the dream layers in Inception, relativity in Interstellar). It's basically designed to keep the audiences guessing and make you go home to discuss theories and watch YouTube videos and shit. But there is no depth or significance, it's just complicated for the sake of complicated.

The difference was that in the end Inception was a fun heist movie while Interstellar is this three-hour attempted inspirational wankfest. And I think the underlying message is really dangerous, it basically says "welp, climate change is happening, whatever, let's go to another galaxy." It sounds far-fetched but the movie spends the whole time painting all conservation attempts as hippy-dippy pussy bullshit because humans were obviously meant to leave the earth and colonize planets. Which in our current age is somewhat of a shitty attitude, especially when they try to associate it to the "American pioneer spirit."
>>
>mfw no one talks about how this movie OPENLY STATES that the moon landing was a hoax that was used for propaganda
>>
>>15481120

Holy shit this thread is good.
thanks OP for making this christian
board a better place for all of us.
also, kill yourself will'ya?
>>
>>15483709
>mfw you actually believe that they would say that if it was true

Haven't you noticed that the media has been pushing the idea it was faked? the reason is because they found things on the moon they don't want people to know about.
>>
>>15483726

Actually it's because everyone is so tired of hearing about the moon hoax conspiracy that it is no longer considered edgy or controversial to discuss
>>
>>15483634
>I think the underlying message is really dangerous, it basically says "welp, climate change is happening, whatever, let's go to another galaxy." It sounds far-fetched but the movie spends the whole time painting all conservation attempts as hippy-dippy pussy bullshit because humans were obviously meant to leave the earth and colonize planets. Which in our current age is somewhat of a shitty attitude, especially when they try to associate it to the "American pioneer spirit."
You're wrong.
>>
>>15483766
Not hat I agree with him, but you need to explain why if you want anyone to care what you think.
>>
>>15483775
I don't need to explain shit.
If he actually watched the film he would understand why he is wrong.

> it basically says "welp, climate change is happening, whatever, let's go to another galaxy."
This completely ignores the whole first part of the movie where everyone is trying their best to keep growing food.

It also ignores the fact that the film takes place in a future where it's too late to do anything, and the only real choice left is leave or die.
It's got nothing to do with them just sitting there going "well we could fix the planet, but fuck it, lets just leave"
>>
>>15483726
>Haven't you noticed that the media has been pushing the idea it was faked?
Really? Can you provide at least one piece of evidence to back up that claim?
>>
>>15483792
>'The moon landing... was FAKED!'
From 'A haunted house'
>>
>>15483806
Ok you must be trolling.

Your only piece of evidence backing up the claim that the "media has been pushing the idea it was faked" is from a spoof film?
>>
>>15483814
You asked for one piece of evidence and I gave it to you you fucking liliput.
>>
>>15481120
Interstellar's Tomato-meter is rotting every day, so... you're an innovator in cinematic opinion, op.
>>
>>15483821
That's not evidence you stupid fuck, and if you think it is then you are literally retarded.

>Hurrr this comedy says the moon landing is fake
>This is proof that the media is trying to spread that idea!!!
>>
>>15483634
There is a breakaway civilization. The super powerful and wealthy are going to leave us on the poisoned rock to die.
>>
>>15483596


Suck Jesus' cock in hell, Canaanite shill.
>>
>>15483841
>GIB ME ONE EXAMBL :DDDD
>Interstellar and A haunted house

>LOL DATS NOD EBDENCE U STUBID FUG :DDDD LIDERALLY REDARD :DDD
>>
>>15483852
>There is a breakaway civilization. The super powerful and wealthy are going to leave us on the poisoned rock to die.
It's almost like you didn't watch the film.

Plan A was to get EVERYONE off the earth.
Plan B would leave EVERYONE on the earth.

In neither of those plans do the powerful and wealthy become the only ones to leave and survive.
>>
>>15481504

Don't be pretentious. They are just carnival rides, a video game on rails
>>
>>15483854
Perhaps you should learn what the term "media" actually refers to in this context.

The media encompasses television (the news), radio, and newspaper.
Big hollywood films are not part of that.
>>
>>15481120

Any movie with space travel but no aliums is shit.
>>
>>15483868
>big hollywood films are not part of the MSM
This conversation isn't worth having to me anymore.
>>
Honestly, OP? It's pretty doubtful. Moviemaking is a business that appeals to the lowest common denominator - because there's vastly more of these people than there are those with an eye for quality.

Most of Nolan's work is full of pseudo-mysterious symbolism and half-regurgitated philosophical concepts. It's part of a business model. Make the lowest common denominator feel smart, and you'll get more money in the long run off of their hubris.
>>
>>15483875
Better go back to playing with your Duplo then, kid.
>>
File: d33.jpg (19 KB, 407x342) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
d33.jpg
19 KB, 407x342
>>15483868

> Shilling intensifies
>>
>>15483883
>Implying I know what that means
Go fuck your grandpa in the ass you seamen swilling smegma loving cuckold.
>>
>>15483885
>He doesn't believe that comedy films are spreading the truth about the moon landing!!!
>He must be a shill

>>15483890
Why are you so mad about being wrong?
>>
>>15483908
>>He doesn't believe that comedy films are spreading the truth about the moon landing!!!

Are you fucking retarded? That's what I'm arguing AGAINST you illiterate child.
>>
>>15483926
>Haven't you noticed that the media has been pushing the idea it was faked?
Yeah it definitely sounds like you are arguing against that.

Fucking tinfoils thinking the moon landing is fake. You are the cancer killing /x/
>>
>>15483931

7/10 for getting me

Now I know your a troll.

That or you are are an autist who can't read my original post IE

>Haven't you noticed that the media has been pushing the idea it was faked? the reason is because they found things on the moon they don't want people to know about.
> the reason is because they found things on the moon they don't want people to know about.

Next time maybe you'll brush up on your second grade ELA skills before arguing with the grown ups.
>>
>>15483937
>Grown up
>Thinks there's aliens on the moon
This is just too much, I can't tell if you are joking or serious.
>>
>>15483950
>alines
Like I said, Ela skills are important, you should try hooked on phonics, It's old but great for kids just learning basic speech. Also, I would recommend looking into basic 'Philosophy of reasoning', it'll teach you how to stop moving goal posts when you try and talk like a big boy :^)
>>
>>15483959
I'm sorry, I just can't take you seriously after you said you think they are trying to hide the fact there are aliens on the moon.

I'll be screencapping these posts for future reference.
>>
>>15483977
>Implying I ever used the word or implied aliens
0/10

I'll screen cap this to to show how retarded the average /x/ fag is.
>>
>>15483995
We all know you were talking about aliens. Don't try to backpedal now.
>>
>>15484010
>>15484010
>accuses me of backpedaling
>switches goalposts over three times ITT
Fuck off.
>>
>>15484016
>Gets called out for being a retard
>Gets super mad about it
You need to calm down, son :3
>>
It was a good movie overall, but suffered from some pretty noticeable pacing problems.

Cooper goes from farmer to flying through a wormhole in about 10 movie minutes. I can understand people don't want to sit through a 4 hour movie but they should have killed some of their other darlings like the school scene or the drone scene, however good they may be.

You can tell they spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to edit the damn thing down to just under 3 hours.

Also they didn't have a voice to the "others" that Cooper comes into contact with, so when it comes time to give the audience their explanation pudding, we're forced to hear from Cooper, talking to himself, explano-vomitting and it feels a little forced.

Overall it was good stuff though, and Zimmer's score gives the movie a creepy and urgent tone.
>>
>>15481558
You. I like you.
>>
>>15481455
>movie has so many obvious signatures of bad craftmanship, yet only a fraction of people who seen it seems to notice it.

its too easy to entertain the ignorant mindless masses who are just salivating for the next shiny obsession to come out of hollywood.

average person has the intellect of 6 year old. its like they're entertaining children.
Try this: dont watch any television for other broadcast media or 6 months to a year, then go back and sample some of what is on and you will see how dumbed down everything is, programming, commercials, its like they write this stuff for children. its fucking scary, and no one notices it at all
>>
File: kitteh.jpg (37 KB, 412x494) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kitteh.jpg
37 KB, 412x494
>>15481516

It has already been proven that there are cats on the internet. Though whether girls actually exist on the internet is still unknown for sure
>>
>>15481120

jesus fucking christ you're retarded OP

>people like something i don't like
>illuminati must have mind controlled them into liking it hurr

the movie was visually pleasing, like 99.9% of blockbusters out there. The only reason why you're singling it out and acting like it's the only bad movie the masses have ever liked is because you're a fucking scrub m8
>>
>>15485064
It's amazing how everyone in this thread is "above average" and not part of the "mindless sheep masses"

You're all a bunch of hipster faggots, hating on things because they are popular.
You can't form your own opinion on anything, so you just look at what other people are enjoying and decide that it must be shit. You are just as much a sheep as everyone else.
>>
>>15483634
This is one of the only sense-making posts in the thread...

I agree with you a lot, guy
>>
>>15485140
I liked it, but I'll admit there were MASSIVE GAPING PLOT HOLES like seriously, the moon landing was a hoax, some asshat wanders into NORAD and conveniently turns out to be the only NASA pilot who is capable of flying the mission to save the world?

I'm not a super obscure film guy or anything, but damn son, that was really convienent even with the time travel shit. I mean it was still a really good sci-fi movie, but... Sci-fi is for teenagers
>>
>>15483788
don't be a dense fuck
the narrative refers to real life events (global warming) and depicts them as hopeless, with only leaving the planet as an option
the movies ideology is one of human resilience that disregards responsibility for the planet
the tagline was something like "Earth will die, we'll live on"
>>
File: wolverine vs batman.jpg (168 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
wolverine vs batman.jpg
168 KB, 1280x1024
>insulting Nolan
>pretending you saw these twists coming

you're all disgusting human beings
>>
>>15485173
that's his only good movie.
>>
>>15485154
The moon landing being a hoax isn't a plot hole.

And he wasn't the only pilot capable of flying the mission. They had others, but none with any real experience compared to Cooper.
He turned up and they probably thought "holy shit! we can go ahead with the mission much sooner now!"
>>
>>15485158
You are the one being dense. The movie is from the point of view that the planet is dying and there is nothing we can do.
We aren't shown what happens to lead to this, but we see that people are still trying their best to grow food and keep on keeping on.

It's not some deep message about how we should just sit here going FUCK THE PLANET WE CAN JUST FIND A NEW ONE!!!
>>
>>15485208
Chris Nolan plz, those are massive plot holes. No one walks into NORAD, when was the last time you walked into a former place of work and they asked you to flip burgers for them because you were "the best we had"

Also, how is it that the third world country the US had become didn't just let the obvious winner of the capitalism game China fly out into the wormhole?

These are all plot holes that could have been fixed easily.
>>
>>15485224
Cooper was the only pilot who had flown the experimental lander (which crashed during testing). Of course they're going to offer him the gig if he's the only one with experience flying it.

Did you even watch the beginning of the movie?
>>
http://jaysanalysis.com/2014/11/12/interstellar-2014-the-secret-revelation/
>>
>>15482135
>>15482388
>>15483629
>>15483726
>>15485064

These people are not so dumb as they seen to be.
But the brainwashed ones will never except it.
Judging, insulting, Me yes you no. i and not u.

before judging others, judge yourself.

confront your ego and learn WHO you really are.

I love you all. and yes even

YOU!
>>
>>15485224
> the obvious winner of the capitalism game China fly out into the wormhole?
At what point in the movie are we told this?

The difference between me walking into my former place of work and flipping burgers and him walking in there and being offered the job is that he was the only pilot they had available with ACTUAL experience flying the ranger.

>those are massive plot holes
You literally mentioned one thing, and then made up another thing to boost your argument.
The moon landing thing isn't a plot hole at all.
>>
>>15485277
>Everyone is brainwashed apart from me
Fuck off you egotistical prick.

Do you honestly think the only way someone could possibly enjoy something that you didn't enjoy is if they were brainwashed?
>>
>>15485305
I love you :)

And i dont know why you get that angry that fast.
Dont take everything personally.
Im not better then everyone and i dont want to be. Im not perfect and i dont want to be.

infact i dont know you but we sure have something in common.
We are all flesh and bones, blood and skin.
Have a nice day.
:)
>>
>>15483879
/thread
>>
>>15481120
ITT: OP is upset that he had to watch interstellar alone and had a bad time.
>>
>>15485305
Based on sales of soda, subcriptions to television, commonplace quoting of known-incorrect "facts" and statics, phrases like "I don't care about politics; it doesn't affect me", common conversational topics etc yes, the majority of people are in fact brainwashed. Alaskan Sheep Fisherman and Kanye West are the most important thing in many peoples lives.
>>
>>15485495
>They enjoy things that I don't!
>They don't care about things I do!
>THEY MUST BE BRAINWASHED!!
Your life must be pretty pathetic if you constantly look for things to make yourself feel special compared to everyone else.

>Oh they drink soda? lol fucking sheep!
>Oh they enjoy spending their time watching tv shows instead of shit posting on 4chan? FUCKING SHEEP!

Misquoting facts and statistics and not caring about politics are ignorance, not brainwashing.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 218x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 218x200
>>15485506
>Defending drinking soda and watching 8+ hours of television nonstop er'ryday
>Being instilled with incorrect information supplied by the bread and circus media is not brainwashing

You're just upset because someone dared imply anyone else might be dumb
>>
>>15485510
And what exactly is wrong with drinking soda?
What is wrong with doing something you enjoy?

I assume you are a teenager, because your pathetic attempts at rebelling against the mainstream are incredibly cliche and really quite sad.
>>
>>15481455
That is YOUR view of it though. You are basically saying YOUR view is the right one and somehow everyone else got brainwashed. How do you know your not brainwashed? Then of course other peoples opinions would collide with yours right?

I know where your coming from but the topic and the way you presented your case is pretty weak.
>>
>>15481560
fkin lol
>>
>>15481706
I think the guy that thought a goat was a sheep in another /thread won the "Don't get out much" award.
>>
>>15481986
No you fucking nut sack
>>
File: diabeetus.jpg (15 KB, 300x369) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
diabeetus.jpg
15 KB, 300x369
>Underage calling others teenagers
The only pathetic thing is your fat self enjoys sitting on your ass all day sucking down big gulps and watching murrican television.

Calling someone a teenager because of how butthurt you are to defend your fat lazy unhealthy habits that you enjoy is the only sad thing here.

>pic related
>its you
>>
>>15485907
>Implying I watch tv
>Implying I drink soda
>Implying I'm American
Top kek anon, top kek indeed.

I don't partake in any of those, but unlike you I am not so ignorant that I think my life style is the only correct one, and that anyone who fails to live up to my personal standards is somehow stupid and brainwashed.
>>
>>15482388
Calling Cptn Picard, Data's on the loose
>>
>>15483629

Christian here, yo.

The one thing that seemed really obvious to me is how the entire film is basically an eschatology for humanists/secularists; The film is presenting itself with strong religious overtones, from the organs in the score, to the notion that the protagonist/humanity (in the movie) basically needs to achieve a kind of apotheosis - assent to Godhood - to achieve salvation.

I mean, there's enough easy religious symbolism thrown in there to make this seem like "oh, it's just a thematic thing, no biggie", (there are 12 astronauts, and one of them is a traitor... sound familiar?) but the implied conclusion of the film is that the gravity tesseract, the wormhole, and so on, are basically being caused by human beings i the future - humanity will save itself by pulling up it's metaphysical bootstraps, as it were.

I'll just note at this point that we are probably better off putting our attentions on Christ rather than other things out there, and particularly on dark things like demonic agitprop. See this verse: http://biblehub.com/philippians/4-8.htm
>>
>>15485513
As someone who loves soda, I can vouch for the fact that its terrible for you. While im not obese or even chubby by any means, soda has so much fucking sugar in it its absurd.

Massive amounts of sugar really is not good for you. And who knows about this high fructose corn syrup shit. I only buy cane sugar soda now when I do drink it.
>>
>>15485919
C'mon, you never drank a cup of America?!
>>
File: 1407642581788.jpg (129 KB, 551x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1407642581788.jpg
129 KB, 551x720
>>15485919
You're a real egotistical prick
>implying you arent a fat american autist
>mfw
>>
>>15483629

Also, if you're reading: Brother, you should be, uh, less angry. I can understand the difficulty in that, I have erred in this way myself previously, but let us both remove the logs from our eyes and thus see better.

http://biblehub.com/ephesians/4-26.htm
>>
>>15481558
>bitching about Breaking Bad


Got any specific reasons why you think its not good, other than the fact that youre trying to be an edgy douche?

>implying walking dead isnt utter garbage
>>
>>15485925
Well, humanity uses science to figure out all of that shit to begin with. So science is god

>Atheists: -1/12 Christstains:0
>>
File: Matrix_Agents.jpg (204 KB, 906x374) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Matrix_Agents.jpg
204 KB, 906x374
>>15485925

I am not super interested in having a fight about this, but I'll just suggest you read about the problem of induction: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_induction

Induction is experiential; I measure copper has a certain atomic weight today, and I base the assumption it will have the same weight tomorrow on the past observations I have made. That is, I assume the future will be like the past.

What is induction based on? Well, induction has always "reliably worked in the past..." do you see the problem? You're using induction to justify induction. You assume the future will be like the past because the future has *always* been like the past. The argument is circular.

What is your solution to this problem?

As for Christianity, I cannot persuade you by argument; so allow me to simply quote this:

http://biblehub.com/matthew/18-3.htm
http://biblehub.com/matthew/4-17.htm
>>
>>15485956
game of thrones = lotr with sex and edgy brutal violence
Walking dead = a fucking soap opera with occasional zombies
Breaking bad = Family man turned meth kingpin
>>
>>15483596
collage age?
>>
>>15485942
Yeah, I'm the egotistical one.
Surely the guy who thinks his word is gospel couldn't possibly have an inflated sense of self right?

>>15485941
What the hell is a cup of America?
>>
>>15485938
Well yeah soda is bad for you if you drink nothing but that all day.

The guy I was replying to is basically acting like drinking even one glass of Mountain Dew a week will turn you into a mindless drooling slave, incapable of thinking for themselves.

Massive amounts of anything isn't good for you.
>>
>>15481120
>Last week, I went to see Interstellar
stopped reading right there. Back to IMDB you fucking entry level pleb
>>
>>15486149
Wow good for you! do you want a fucking medal or something?
>>
File: smugpieceofshit.gif (946 KB, 196x150) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
smugpieceofshit.gif
946 KB, 196x150
>This movie was so pleb the only possible way for anyone to enjoy it is mind control

I didn't think this level of hipstershit was even possible.
>>
>>15487961
I have not seen this movie yet.

But I'll say this : When I see a bunch of people insulting everyone who doesn't like it, without providing any reaso why they're wrong? It does not inspire me with hope.

Now, I realize it's a bit of a challenge, but speaking from experience, it's not a huge one : ignoring all the nay sayers, and without spoilers, just give a general applause. Are the writers awesome? Are they the Henry James of our age? What about the editors? Or first director? Is there talent involved? And if not, has a quality story nevertheless been told, almost accidentally? If so, then what story? Believe it or not, even sans spoilers, this can be revealed!

So is this movie good? If so then why?
>>
>>15487977
>When I see a bunch of people insulting everyone who doesn't like it, without providing any reaso why they're wrong? It does not inspire me with hope.
But it's totally fine for people who didn't like it to call anyone who did like it a mindless sheep without giving any reason why?
>>
>>15487998
Note how you're still not giving a reason?

I will give you a clue into being a superior being (being one myself.) Superior beings don't base themselves on INFERIOR BEINGS

Do you get what I'm saying to you? If they're wrong, then you're done. And you can explain why they're wrong. If they're right then you, being SUPERIOR, admit it gracefully.

If you're not right and you can't deal with them being right? Then you whine about it without any reasoning or evidence. Guess which one you're doing?
>>
>>15488009
The problem here is that films are subjective.

So what's the point of arguing?

This thread is ridiculous anyway
>I didn't like film
>Other people did
>Therefore conspiracy
>>
File: 1368057616116.jpg (92 KB, 405x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1368057616116.jpg
92 KB, 405x720
>>15488009
>i will give you a clue into being a superior being
>superior being
>(being one myself)
>>
>>15481120
It looked like shit from the trailers.
>>
>>15483879
>Make the lowest common denominator feel smart, and you'll get more money in the long run off of their hubris.

You say that as if accomplishing something like that doesn't require talent. Maybe Nolan's not the visionary genius that the everyman media makes him out to be, but he's certainly very good at what he does. And what he does: well, you said it it quite well already.
>>
>>15485140
Thanks for reminding me that I am not special, but rather average in virtually every respect -- if not below average.
>>
>>15490101
Nothing to feel bad about.
Considering the amount of people on the planet you have to really stand out to be above average.

Plus you have to take into account other factors like where you live, and what kind of things you do that could make you stand out.
You could be the best artist in town, but then out in the big wide world and compared to some of the greats, you are suddenly below average. So really, there is nothing wrong with being average or below average.
>>
>>15482135
stole my pic :')
>>
File: sagitarrius.jpg (106 KB, 500x700) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sagitarrius.jpg
106 KB, 500x700
>>15483629
>a religiously pagan and historical metaphor for Satan/El

Pagans don't believe in an ultimate evil, nor an ultimate good. Stop projecting your religion on ours, you ass.

Saturn is a roman god of agriculture. That agriculture is failing on Earth and the paragon of crops would save humanity is a very nice touch. More than that, Saturn is said to be another name for the Greek Cronus (much like Odin is thus named in Scandinavia and called Wodan amongst Germanic tribes) who was the first Titan, a primordial being who helped shape the cosmos. And what sphere did Cronus have dominion over? Time.

In short, fuck off. I personally have respect for the kristson, but you idiots give your religion a bad name. If you're going to use religion and astronomy together, get your stories straight you tedious fool.
Lucifer=The Morning Star=Venus
>>
>getting mad about mainstream entertainment
>>
>>15481666

Yeah you see, mr satan trips, this is a movie: a contrivance to entertain people for money. It is not: a documentary, educational, prediction, scientific theory. People don't get mad about minutae because they understand that the format is limited in what can be portrayed in a couple of hours, for a limited budget, and is also entertaining enough that people will pay to see it.

Deal with it.
>>
File: pal13.jpg (22 KB, 521x341) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pal13.jpg
22 KB, 521x341
>>15481120
In regards to movies, and the media in general, people should keep their superstition and their occultism to themselves.
>>
>>15481455
> it just puzzles me when a movie has so many obvious signatures of bad craftsmanship, yet only a fraction of people who seen it seems to notice it.
Shit man I've been saying this about most movies for the last 15 years.
>>
>>15492359
Exactly this- when 90 percent of the population are empty headed sheep, the movie industry are going to make eye candy nonsense to entertain then-where no conspiracy, just supply and demand.
>>
>>15492364
Them - there's
Fucking auto spell
>>
>>15492359

Name a good movie then.
>>
>>15481120
If they couldn't craft a competent film, what makes you think they are sharp enough to create a subliminal message so potent it makes you feel you had a great experience?
>>
>>15492368
Most recent movie I couldn't gun down with criticism?

Guardians of the galaxy.

Hear me out.

The start is a little rough. Not entirely sure what the dying mom and abduction add but w/e. Also there's a bit like 15 mins in where everyone is just saying made up space names and words like we're supposed to know what's going on but w/e.

The rest of the movie is solid. Characters are presented well and their personalities and characteristics come through well in a "show don't tell" way, which most movies seem to fail at. The set pieces are good, the camera work is good, the CGI is good, the plot is simple but solid, the music is good.

Ultimately the movie achieves what it sets out to do. I know being a "rocking space adventure" isn't the most highbrow cinematographic goal but so many movies seem to fail at their most basic outsets.
>>
>>15481120
ITT:
>I didn't like a movie but everyone else seems to like it. The problem clearly lies with them. In fact, it's an evil conspiracy.

Maybe it just wasn't to your taste.
>>
>>15492376

You see, I wouldn't even bother changing the channel on TV to watch that movie, let alone go to the cinema for it. Opinions.
>>
I recall being an angsty teen too; cynical and critical. You'll get over it.
>>
>>15492441
>I recall being an angsty teen too; cynical and critical. You'll get over it.

But Anon, why ruin a good thing?!
>>
All Nolan movies are full of conditioning shit.

"Your precious armory, gratefully accepted"... then boom, caliphate.

Plane extraction... then boom, missing planes.

Joker hanging as per the tarot hangman... then boom, another dead 'high priest'.

etc etc
>>
How to admit the Moon landings were faked:

Kubrick (The Shining):

A11 work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
Room 237.
Apollo launch pad pattern in carpet.
Careful placement of props in the Hotel managers office.

Nolan (Interstellar):

Hurr durr, they faked the Moon landings, look at my monolith shaped robots!

Worst homage ever.
>>
The movie embodies in its entirety the culture of the western civilization, where death of man is considered the ultimate horror, even surpassing the reality-crushing depths of a black hole, and not just a natural part of existence.

Humans are portrayed like a virus, a highly contagious disease, that after completely ruining its host, the earth, seeks to spread out to other planets by whatever means necessary, even willing to disregard its own values and ideals -- its own definition and identity -- in the progress. The brilliant minds who could have worked to save the world and change the rotten society that ruined it are directed instead to preserving it all for eternity.

The underlying satire reaches its pinnacle in the scene where the main character is saved and finds his family home remade into a cheap tourist attraction that people brought with them into space. The shallow, corrupt way of life is saved, but that's okay, because the MC survived to continue his role - work, find a mate and breed, like any other animal.

The most horrifying part is not in the movie itself, but in the fact that its audience sees the blatant, in-your-face mockery as something admirable and beautiful.
>>
>>15483596
>Fascism has an undeserved bad reputation

Crying right now
>>
>>15481831
>it happens because it happens
A crucial plot point was how the guy sent the messages to himself. Not that it was realistic, but still.
>>
File: 1413724047635.jpg (14 KB, 300x312) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413724047635.jpg
14 KB, 300x312
>Nolan thread
>no Baneposting
who /tv/ here?
Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 27
Thread DB ID: 21969



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.