[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So there's this theory that our universe, our reality is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 11

File: 1410031910467.jpg (914KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1410031910467.jpg
914KB, 2560x1920px
So there's this theory that our universe, our reality is actually just a computer simulation. Think about it, what if Deja Vu is just a glitch in the system? What if ghosts and dopplegangers and time skips just glitches? What if aliens or whatever the fuck, what if they are the "admins" watching us? What if /x/? What if?

Thoughts?
>>
Pretty cliche old idea there OP.

Nice sideways pic too.
>>
>>15179515
I have always felt that if this is the case, or if we even suspect that this is the case, then we should avoid drawing attention to the fact that we recognize this. If we're a virtual experiment, and we were built without awareness of it, then ignorance is probably part of the testing environment. If we ruin that through awareness, we increase the odds that the people who made the simulation will scrap it or reset it. In short, if they knew that we know, it might result in the destruction of our entire universe!

So best not to talk about it too much. And perhaps anyone researching that idea should be convinced to do something else. Or silenced, for good. And we'd need to set up a secret institution to monitor and prevent any groups from discovering or making popular that idea...
>>
>>15179515
Why would the admins need to be aliens?
They could just be regular people walking past in the street.

Aliens are clearly part of some expansion pack. It probably replaced the vampire and werewolf one, and before that the Messiah expansion pack.
>>
>>15179524
Didn't realize you are an ass
>>
>>15179596
What's with all these super sensitive newfags lately?
>>
>>15179585
Idk because they're mysterious. They could be another user attacking us
>>
File: coma.jpg (31KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
coma.jpg
31KB, 500x400px
>>
>>15179603
Yo dog I'm just joshin
>>
>>15179530
I feel this way too. If they found out we knew, we would be treated like a glitch as well or a virus and would quickly be removed. Maybe thats what alienabductions are? Or when people go "missing" and are never found? Aside from mafia bullshit and hitmen.
>>
>>15179616
Something similar was also very interesting to me.
Our recollection of dreams is pretty shit, most of it is forgotten. What if that realm is as important as this one?

As far as I can tell, I really don't care for my awake-self when dreaming, nor do I remember much. What makes this world any more real?
>>
>>15179640
Thats what I feel like what happens when you die. Permanent dream mode. Ghosts are those who don't realize they're dead or "dreaming"
>>
Basically the Matrix.

/thread
>>
what if every time you die your soul goes to a bus station that ships everyones souls out to their new bodies. The reason labor lasts like 12 hours is because you need to give the bus time to get to the hospital and sometimes it takes even longer because of traffic.
>>
>>15179640
Because you have more of an effect on this world, being in it more than 75% of the time.
>>
>>15179678
I think past lives are just respawns in the system
>>
>>15179638
I really hope not. Because I had a very long brainstorming session about this with myself about 30 minutes ago and I hope they didn't catch on!
>>
>>15179688
Humans sleep for a third of their life. Thats a lot of time
>>
>>15179678
I hope not, I hate riding the bus.
>>
>>15179706
"Humans" is a very broad term. How long do I sleep? You must assume 1/3 because that's what someone told you, right?
>>
>>15179700
The only way they'll catch on is by disrupting the system somehow. They won't be able to know we are aware or care to do anything about it unless we're a threat to the simulation
>>
It all depends on how you define that 'computer simulation'
>>
>>15179713
Disrupting the system.. Maybe that's the test? Once someone realizes they are in a simulation and they disrupt the system they take them out to their world.
>>
>>15179710
No because there is scientific proof. The average human sleeps a third of their life. Quit acting special.
>>
>>15179688
Percentages from within dream-realm and this one are irrelevant, as it implies that the other one is measured by the time of the other in the first place.
>>
>>15179720
Quit being a kiddie troll, kiddo. There are 24 hours in a day and sleeping 8 hours is very overrated in today's world. Too much shit going on. If you sleep more than 8 hours every single day of the week you need to get a different hobby besides waking up after a 12 hour slumber and shitposting on /x/.
>>
>>15179718
Nah I think they would just wipe us clean. They're running the simulation for a reason. To see how long their computer generated universe can last or something. If we threaten that, and disrupt the simulation then the entire simulation would be pointless. There would be a bumb in their road so to speak. Kinda like the computer having its own mind. Once the message starts spreading the computer would rewrite itself. I think they don't want that to happen because they want to do all the writing.
>>
>>15179733
So, a form of disrupting the system would be "changing their code", so to speak?
>>
>>15179724
Well actually dreams seem longer when you are actually dreaming. Even though the dream is usually 10 min when it seems like hours. Time might not even matter. Quit shitposting on this thread.
>>
>>15179740
Yes, and no god wants that to happen. Consider us a "controlled experiment".
>>
>>15179747
The prior argument you were "trying" to make was that every human sleeps 1/3 of their life. Don't change that subject. You lost, get over it bud.
>>
>>15179752
Regardless if this is true or not, it definitely gives me more perspective as well as curiosity to seek truth.
>>
>>15179765
I just said humans in general. There have been studies. Quit trying to start an argument cause you're 10. Quit being so angry.
>>
>>15179774
It's trippy to think about but there's no way to proove it unless we proove there are glitches or something.
>>
>>15179782
>there have been studies
>top kek

My last reply to you, please stop beating a dead horse. I didn't mean to offend you and your studies.
>>
>>15179789
Yeah I'm going through the motions in my head and there is no way to overcome it. We have to find the glitches in the system and take advantage of them. Maybe we can find a hidden corridor in this universe and hide, wait for them to come seeking us, and strike.
>>
>>15179792
Tbey are not my studies you can read about em and look at the data. Nobody is trying to start shit on here but you.
>>
>>15179796
I think if we spread the message en masse then we could possibly rewrite it but anybody who has tried to spread the message has either been killed or gone "missing". We would have to corrupt the dataas a whole and crash ourselves but that would lead to our destruction.
>>
De ja vu is the brain putting that is happening into long term memory instead of short term memory. A glitch.
>>
>>15179515
it is a simulation yes, but not a computer simulation. It is a mental simulation.
>>
>>15179816
See my point?
>>
>>15179818
But why would everyone have the same exact mental simulation? I think we are programed
>>
>>15179835
Because, we are all one, we are all the same, we are inside the mind of "the ALL"
>>
>>15179843
and you are this mind, aswell as you are inside it, just as much as evryone else you know.
>>
Deep chit! All opinions carry the same weight.
>>
>>15179864
That's quite a lonely existence. Would be better if there were two minds, maybe.
>>
>>15179864
Pretty much a giant conciousness coming up with induvidual conciousness? So either way if we disrupt the system then this "brain" would just wipe us from it's memory
>>
>>15179515
i think that i could be possible
if atoms (or other impossibly small objects that make up everything) were a type of game object with a set amount of retrains on it it could be possible
/3/
>>
What if like.. wow what if like.. we could have this thread with new ideas in it

wow man like wow
that would be.. like wow
>>
>>15179843
What if this is disinformation fed to you by the creators so you don't revolt? This is stuff we will never really know, I guess. I have to leave for a few but I'd like it if this thread stays alive for further discussion. Cheers!
>>
>>15179913
Maybe atoms are super small pixels?
>>
>>15179922
2spooky. I enjoy this thread too.
>>
>>15179515
did you just watch the Matrix for the first time?
>>
>>15179666
No, nothing like the Matrix. In the Matrix humans were taken from one reality and fed into another, far more limited, reality to keep them pacified. In the OPs scenario, every aspect was built purely for the exploration of a virtual environment. We as a species might not even be significant. We might not even be a specifically designed feature, just something that cropped up in the larger operation.
>>
>>15180020
Yes exactly! Just some sort of simulation. We could be just some extra data to make the virtual "world" less empty. Like npc's
>>
>>1518000
no it is nothing like the matrix
>>
>>15179765
Dude, please go away with your autism and stop shitposting.
>>
What if? Nothing. You continue life. There'd be nothing you could do in this simulation.
>>
Why should "admins" let us explore the further "Data" (universe) than? Would it make sense, to let us know further? Or to which extend?

What if we just suppose, that:
- Atoms are the lowest integrity of data possible
- Lifeforms (of any sort) are the highest
- Weather is a given algorythm (as it is for e.g. likeliness of sickness, car accidents and any other more-or-less things by chance)

What would be, /x/? Could we use glitches in the given data to interprete the system and "go behind" it or is just way to well written?
>>
OP, you have to realize that even if you found out we are a simulation run by some higher form of species it wouldn't matter even if you wanted to escape it, think outside of the box and maybe you'll get success in something, but posting on /x/ "what if x and z is y then x,y,z=k" isn't going to change anything at all - you could assume we are a simulation and try to find more about these "glitches".
>>
>>15180099
No shit, it's still fun to think about. Quit shitposting. It's a theory. Shutup.
>>
>>15180098
This thread questions a lot of sanity, if we are in a simulation then it means that our system potentially sends and receives some kind of data to the server, which means you could exploit - but I doubt that's the case here, I really don't believe we are a simulation, I am pretty sure there are millions of universes and millions of civilizations that look differently than us, think differently than us and do everything differently than us, but that still wouldn't change their structure of which they are made of which are atoms.
>>
>>15180099
If we deny the discussion-topic itself, we can easily skip any discussion in this world. We can't change behaviour of ISIS by discussing it, nor can we change 'Murica's way of view.
Just let us discuss, without any goal, my friend.
>>
>>15180098
We don't know yet the more we can study it the more we can know. Like do something when they think the computer is in "sleep mode" go under theradar? Or maybe the computer itself would alert "them" and we would be fucked.
>>
>>15180116
It depends, I guess. If you think in the system we know, you are right. But what if higher species just are badass in writing big-ass algorythm? The ones, that are building up algorythms on theirselves, just like our brains. In the end you can divide anything into little, logical chemical steps.
>>
>>15180116
But the whole universe could be a simulation. Or multiverse. Our reality. Yes there are millions of civilizasions but just like in any simulation or game there are numerous people. The other species are part of this situation. Give one species a set of codes and another a different set of codes to see which code is the best. Making a "mastermind" code if you will.
>>
>>15180116
Another idea: E.g. World Wars or big weather happenings with thousands of deaths would be part of the system"cleaning"?
I mean: How come, that 1xx of leading AIDS scientists are shot down over Ukraine? Would the system be fucked without AIDS? Dunno ;)

I don't mean myself to be taken seriously as hell, it's just some mindgame with the "what if".
>>
>>15179515
>>15179408
>>
>>15180149
Well they say nature has it's own population control. Thats why big storms happen and naturally humans go to war for any stupid reason. Things get wiped out. Same with a computer "scanning" for viruses.
>>
But that would imply a sort of individualism of nature, like thinking or at least knowing that there is "too much" on the planet right now.
The part with the war..What is nature's part in there?
>>
>>15179515
>>
>>15180180
Maybe it's already encoded in us to go to war. Or maybe thats the data acting in itself. Thinking there's a virus or something flipping a switch in our brains saying WAR!
>>
>>15179515
Can't be bothered to read the comments before posting, I'll read after, but I always had a similar thought, like, what if this was all a dream of a person in a coma or something, where the past isn't necessarily real, just a memory. Imagine how you woke up today, and you think of yesterday, what if it weren't real, you only have a memory of it. Well if the history was all a dream made up by this person's imagination, in the coma.
>>
>>15179616
THIS GOD DAMN IT THIS. I FUCKING. ASDFGDFGSDFG
>>
>>15179515
They already proved Deja Vu is one eye sending information to the brain faster than the other, causing the brain to stumble a bit and recall the second eye's info as a memory rather than a delayed reaction.
>>
File: 1369730240785.jpg (16KB, 432x313px) Image search: [Google]
1369730240785.jpg
16KB, 432x313px
>>15179616

> tfw I'm 19 years old and have been in coma for 20 years.
>>
I do believe this world or whatever you would rather call it is some sort of simulation. I don't think it's anything like the Matrix, but I do think there is some higher being manipulating my life.
>>
If this was a simulation, then pain wouldn't be a thing. It would all be in our mind.
>>
Eyyy guys I'm back :D
>>
>>15182706
or maybe there is a demon following you

have you been to church recently?
>>
>>15182713
It depends.
a) you can cause pain by stimulating certain brain areas
b) IF this life's a simulation with all those real hacks like War, Brain, thinking, etc. it would be easy to get pain into it aswell.
>>
File: 2013-06-27 09.14.57.jpg (93KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
2013-06-27 09.14.57.jpg
93KB, 500x375px
I haven't finished it yet, but I would recommend the book The Lucifer Principle. I'm about a third of the way through it, but the major premise of the book is that "evil" is genetic and is one of the methods of evolution/progress. It also talks about how ideas (memes) spread and a little bit about the algorithm behind that. I just got to the part where it's starting to talk about how humans/our culture is forming a super-organism. Also I remember reading a while ago, can't remember where, that cities/companies follow the same basic progression/needs as animals that increase in size and complexity. So basically it's looking like there is some underlying algorithm that is capable of creating things, then the things it creates can create other things but the newly created things follow the original algorithm. I feel like the saying "as above so below" really applies in this discussion.
>>
>>15182693
You are actually 39, wake up, we miss you
>>
I can appreciate the theory that we live in a simulated universe because it makes sense when you perceive how our universe is potentially coded. The "programmer" clearly intended for our universe to be as efficient as possible in regards to resource usage on the hardware. To clarify, quantum mechanics suggests that only when a portion of the universe is observed that it is required to exist. At least to me and others I've talked to, this suggests some level/undertone to our reality that we yet have the capability to understand.

I feel as if the probability that a civilization based on Artificial Intelligence (AKA a robot civilization) is so far over 99.999% that it's ridiculous to not consider the possibility that an advanced species has already gained the capabilities to simulate vastly realistic realities or universes. I say a robot civilization because the likelihood that they've incorporated technology into their bodies is so high; they've achieved immortality in a sense because when one part of the machine stops working you can just replace it with a new one. This kind of civilization is what Transformers are based off of, a species of robots that travels the galaxy finding young kids to make emotional based decisions for them instead of massive computations of logic from a far superior level of intelligence (that was a joke).

We have such a small sample rate of what's out there in the universe because we've never even left our own planet. The possibilities of what exists out there is so novel to the human mind that we figuratively lack the capacity to even imagine what's exists beyond our own perimeter. Archaic systems like religion are holding us back from achieving an understanding of our reality and it is our job and duty to overcome this programming inserted by churches and other oppressive institutions so that as a species we can delve deeper in the mysteries of our own universe.
>>
>>15182670
Very interesting.. Source?
>>
OP here! This actually turned into a mighty fine thread! Thanks peeps
>>
>>15179813
have we ever even considered just asking them nicely to let us wake up into real reality?
>>
>>15180020
what was it, I think the latest movie (SPOILER ALERT) when neo gets blinded, he can still see code but instead of green code like in the matrix he sees this different orange code while blinded yet out of the matrix, which hints that even out of the matrix while in Zion, the reality that he thought was finally real, was actually still inside of another matrix, unless he was actually seeing the real code of real reality.
>>
>>15180020
THE 13th FLOOR
>>
File: 3426345.jpg (44KB, 784x350px) Image search: [Google]
3426345.jpg
44KB, 784x350px
>>15180098
atoms are not the lowest, because the deeper we look the more we realize that there is always something smaller and smaller the deeper we go, and there is always something bigger and bigger the higher we go.

our entire universe itself could be the atom of a drop of water in a bigger higher universe.

whats really interesting is considering the vast space between particles in atoms, the deeper you go the more you see that we are a huge amount of information connected by vast empty space, technically speaking in some very strange way, we are holograms of consciousness. eating a fruit is pleasurable and a good thing I know, but physicality as we know it may very well be an illusion.
>>
File: 34532534.gif (2MB, 400x354px) Image search: [Google]
34532534.gif
2MB, 400x354px
>>15180098
interesting. we should make sure we don't cheat so much that we ruin the playability of our game here. I don't like playing "the game" so I refuse to play it, but there are many lessons to be learned so it would be pointless to cheat and have everything if we learned nothing as a result.
>>
File: 74362344.jpg (103KB, 790x960px) Image search: [Google]
74362344.jpg
103KB, 790x960px
>>15180098
might be on the right track, but maybe not.
>>
File: 25342523452.jpg (135KB, 960x869px) Image search: [Google]
25342523452.jpg
135KB, 960x869px
>>15180098
its important to consider everything while also not falling into the trap of believing every idea held in the palm of your mind.
>>
File: 67637427.jpg (103KB, 1247x750px) Image search: [Google]
67637427.jpg
103KB, 1247x750px
>>15180098
it would be silly to assume that atoms are the simplest and smallest and lowest form of data, we have to consider different forms of interpretation as data itself, there could exist infinite amounts of data as well as infinite ways to interpret it.
>>
>>15179747
nice projecting, dumpwad

nobody worth their salt would be on x

get off ssi then come back and talk
>>
>>15179530

If you are powerful enough to build a simulation of an entire universe, what the fuck do you care about 1 species on 1 planet in 1 galaxy believing they could be simulated? What the fuck could the species do about it?

>Implying the Sims don't know
>We keep on playing
>>
>>15184040

What defines 'evil'? The willingness to kill others who stand in the way of you genetically reproducing? Taking resources for yourself? Killing those who would cause you harm? Unethical != Evil. If that's your definition of evil, then it IS genetically weaved into us, but in the interest of self preservation.
>>
>>15186411

Here you go, anon. Atoms aren't even close.
>>
>>15180116
everything we know eventually is proven wrong or corrected.

we may meet people some day that aren't made out of atoms.
>>
>>15186472
here you go...-what?
>>
>>15186446
If you are powerful enough to simulate one universe you would have more important shit to ponder than what your simulation is doing. Mainly the very big possibility that you are also inside a simulation.
Think about it, if your universe is capable of simulating another universe, what would prevent that simulated universe to in turn simulate another universe? And that simulated simulated universe to simulate one more and so on.
This would give you a potentially infinite number of simulated universes with just one "real one" sitting at the top. And thus, the probability of you living in the "real" one would be almost zero.

tl;dr If we ever manage to simulate a universe like ours, we would pretty much confirm ours is also a simulation.
>>
>>15186716
but why would we make the assumption that just because we can simulate a universe that someone made ours?
>>
>>15186740
If we manage to simulate a universe like ours (that is the simulation "runs" just like our universe) then theoretically beings in that universe could one day construct a simulation of their own. Further, every simulated universe would in turn be capable of simulating another universe. The number of universes would then tend to infinity as each new universe would eventually simulate a new universe.
The multiverse would then be and endless chain of simulated universes with just one "real" universe at the very start of the chain, thus the probability of being that one "real" universe would be 1/infinity which tends to zero. Therefore the most probable conclusion would be that our universe is just one more simulated universe.
>>
File: michael-clarke-duncan-lg.jpg (72KB, 467x626px) Image search: [Google]
michael-clarke-duncan-lg.jpg
72KB, 467x626px
MCD died 2 years ago, but it feels like it was only last year
>>
>>15187816
He's dead?

damn

:(
>>
>>15180182
>and upload evolution algorithm
I lost it there
>>
>>15180182
one problem with that:
neo is the one
>>
>>15186785
Once I was tripping balls on Salvia, having an out of body experience. While somehow observing the entire universe from outside itself, I was informed that what you suggested is true, and we are in fact something like the 3rd universe away from the original. We're essentially a copy of the true universe, except unlike the true universe, there is no possibility of an afterlife, we just cease to exist. So unfair man ;~;
>>
>>15186461
So far that's basically all the book is saying. Murder/war, rape, etc. is just violent ways for a species to gain more resources to pass on its genes.

And as for all the Matrix people, my favorite theory is that Neo is a machine/AI that was put into a sim within a sim so it would have an understanding of human suffering
>>
>>15179515

Then I need to find a way to hack this simulation for unlimited power
>>
>>15190143
fucking asshole first universers. Leaving us in a third rate universe like this.
>>
>>15179616
Nope.
>>
>>15190143
>>15190143

>Third Universe
>Third Dimension
>MFW the dimensional theory could actually prove to be true, and each dimension in the hierarchy is it's own universe.
>i also doubt that there isn't an afterlife, though.
>>
What if? I don't know, either way, I'll just live normally.
>>
Oh man.. after reading the post.. all the feels just started pouring in..
>>
>>15179515
>What if aliens or whatever the fuck, what if they are the "admins" watching us?
Ayy lmao
>>
>yfw life is just an expansion for civilization V
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.