[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hat Man Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 15

File: 22.jpg (6KB, 333x400px) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
6KB, 333x400px
haven't seen one of these in a while, share your spoopy experiences with the hat man/shadow people in general.

>be me, browsing the internet when i first come across the hat man
>thats weird, i recognise this guy
>oh fuck no
>think back to being the age of around 6 or 7, the hat man was my "imaginary friend" that i'd actually given a name of my own, mr. nobody.
>i remember him being invisible but i had a visualisation of what he'd look like from seeing him in a dream
>was shit scared of this thing
>used to be scared to go into the bathrooms in school on my own because i thought he'd be in one of the other stalls
>bathroom had a long mirror, recall being scared of seeing him in that mirror
>completely irrational fear, for a mentally sound kid i shouldn't have created an imaginary friend that i was scared of
>mfw it was hat man

i can guarantee that this is real, calling him hat man feels weird because I'll always want to refer to him as mr. nobody
>>
Hi OP, I've been visited too by this being. I would really like to talk about our shared experiences, until this thread 404's. I've seen him almost every other day in my dreams for the past 5 years now, ever since I was around 13 years old. He's bleeding into my daily life though, and I would like to know his purpose and intent. What are your thoughts, OP?
>>
>>15178117
Same anon as before, just wanted to add that he's never spoken, ever, to me.
>>
>>15178117
Same anon as before OP, I just wanted to add that he's never spoken even one word to me.
>>
>>15178215

Maybe it's an alien? Has he/she given you a black rock?
>>
my late grandmother had a large painting at the top of her staircase for years and years. this painting was of just a plain old black hat and cloak/coat on a hook with a red/orange background.

when i was young i was very afraid to go up the stair to the bedrooms because of this painting. very very often, in my peripheral and sometimes even staring head on, i would see a shadow man with a large brimmed hat standing or moving slowly side to side. i would tell my mother about how scared i was and she would hold my hand up the stairs and that was that, but the little visions never went away well into my teens.

i don't know who inherited the painting after she passed, but i'm curious to know if the shadow man is still there.
>>
File: 2014-09-06-06-21-58-649064032.jpg (4KB, 197x255px) Image search: [Google]
2014-09-06-06-21-58-649064032.jpg
4KB, 197x255px
He just wants to sell you some meth
>>
only seen him once, i was high on a meth come down at that point and had been awake for about 48 hours without sleeping.

want to see hatman? don't sleep for as long as you can..you are not going to acheive this without some sort of amphetimine because you will simply pass out after about 24 hours with no sleep. thats why drug addicts see him often because they often do periods of 48 hours or more with no sleep. specially tweakers.
>>
>>15178458
shut up bitch
>>
>>15178117
Do they sometimes come without a hat? I clearly remember seeing someone on a school trip standing in the cementary next to the hotel staring into a friends room. Black cloak and all but no hat...
>>
File: kreayshawn.pointing.jpg (56KB, 804x814px) Image search: [Google]
kreayshawn.pointing.jpg
56KB, 804x814px
>>15178117
>being 6 or 7 years old
>being capable of making the allegorical leap by naming a "shadowy" "mysterious" figure "mr. nobody" when you're not old/experienced enough to classify any role of human being in terms as nebulous as "nobody"

nope
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.gif (20KB, 344x531px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.gif
20KB, 344x531px
>>15178117
>Darkwing Duck
>>
>>15178117
>randomly check /x/ today
>see this
>shit my pants

I once dreamed about "him".

>was in a park at night
>randomly walking
>see a guy in a hat just like the pic
>He is very far away
>suddenly I am near him
>he gives me a huge slap
>I wake up, kinda feeling the slap

It was like 3/4 years ago.
>>
File: image.jpg (11KB, 170x213px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 170x213px
>>15178117
Nice false memory, dude.
>>
sorry OP here, im not kill

>>15178669
i'm telling the truth, seriously, that was the name i distinctly remember giving him.

>>15178901
not a false memory, it was the exact same figure.

>>15178215
i have no idea what he/it is. i don't know if he's a real thing, or a default misconception of creation of the human mind
>>
>>15178117
My younger brother had an imaginary friend named Mr Nobody when he was a kid, around that same age range. I don't remember if he described what he looked like though.
>>
>>15178638
yes, those are what's referred to as shadow people
>>
>>15178117
I to had an experience with a hat man of my own. When i was about the same age i saw him often at my grandparents house. I apparently named him bones and spoke to him often. Although i dont remmber much about it I do remmber talking to him and seeing him stand over me when i was playing. As i got older though he felt less like a friend and more like a threatening presence. To this day I get uncomfortable at their house.
>>
Wasn't something like this in a japanese game called LSD dream emulator?
>>
>>15178894
He slapped you for being a huge faggot
>>
File: Sha.man..jpg (24KB, 714x599px) Image search: [Google]
Sha.man..jpg
24KB, 714x599px
>>15178117
Like no shit
>Back in 2009-2010
>Fall/winter
>NC
>I was walking home from work one night and I was walking down a street
>I felt this strange feeling deep inside of my very being
>I turn around and I see the one on the right
>Just more dark black flames around him
>I stair blankly at him
>I start to feel cold all over
>I panic and run away to my house
What can you all tell me about this figure?
>>
File: 50929f3e5c884.jpg (74KB, 750x1065px) Image search: [Google]
50929f3e5c884.jpg
74KB, 750x1065px
>>15178117
He just wanted to give you some fireworks.
>>
http://youtu.be/S5Rawc7tK_c?t=37m20s
>>
>>15181959

shit, skip to 37:20, thought the link would do it itself but i messed it up
>>
>>15178458
>pass out after about 24 hours with no sleep
u srs brah?
>>
>>15178117
>chopping wood outside
Cold. The snow is falling as i split logs in half with the axe
Right out of the corner of my eye i see someone
Its a black figure but i can tell he is well dressed and wearing gloves and a long coat.
>What the Fu-
hes gone.
Other people have claimed to have seen him around the neighborhood also, when the step outside on the porch quickly or look out the window. But same thing every-time, he is just staring .
Not this so called hat man but closest thing to it
>>
>>15178117
I once popped 750mg of diphenhydraime and saw the hat man. The scary part was that when I kept starring it felt like he got more "sinister". The drug actually dose something incredibly interesting. It will react to everything that you are afraid of and bring it to "life". These were real hallucinations man, holy shit the hat man even had his own shadow and sound effects. Anyway I got so fucking freaked out that I hid under the bed covers to see if I could recover a little bit and clear my mind. Fuck me, hatman was still standing in my room just staring at me from the darkened closet. Suddenly it jumped at me make my heart rate spike to its maximum. After that I blacked out and fell into very deep dreams where pyramid head would keep chasing me through a fucking mental hospital. The nutty part was that nothing I did inside the dream would wake me from my slumber. The next day I took a bus and outside the window was hatman standing by some trees just looking at me.

This might not fit your MUH magical faries kind of thing but I do truly believe that hatman is your sub-conscience with a physically generated form. Just like in silent hill where pyramid head could be the dudes regret of not saving his wife "fused" with a physical form. But my experience was drug induced - I forced his existence to be seen. If any of you have witnessed hatman without the use of mind altering drugs then tread lightly. You have done something that has upset your sub-conscience so much that it wants to exist separately from you. You and hatman are one in the flesh - you remain that way and your life will be better. If hatman separates within you it could do anything from affecting your decisions more heavily or trigger a severe depression capable of causing you to kill yourself.

You all be careful out there, after abusing the drug for some time I have seen that we are not 1 person in a vessel but 2. What ever you do, you will affect it. You will not be able to hide from "it".
>>
File: zorro.jpg (7KB, 184x274px) Image search: [Google]
zorro.jpg
7KB, 184x274px
>>15178117
I have an interesting tale about the Hatman.

My wife and I have just announced to our family our intention to marry. Despite the good news, I was going through the most difficult period of my life.

One night, around 1:00 AM, after tossing and turning, my mattress on the floor due to the summer hear, I fell asleep. The room was almost completely dark.

I awoke with a sudden shock, sitting upright, I saw the Hatman standing at the foot of my mattress. He was staring at me in a somber reflecting mood.

He look similar to OP's picture, but his hat was of the Spanish Gaucho variety, the one worn by Zorro.

He wore a long cloak similar to those worn by original Califorinios and Mexican cowboys of the Southwest.

He seemed shocked that I had seen him and moved as if startled.

I shouted at him and threw my pillow but he had disappeared into the shadows.

I told my wife about what happened and she was terrified.

She reveled that she and her sister had seen this same figure throughout her childhood.

One time it chased her sister while her sister was riding a bike and she fell off breaking her arm.

Interestingly, my wife is Mexican American, and was raised in a small Mexican farm town on the border south of El Paso.

I think this thing had heard we were getting married and wanted to check me out.

I surprised it by not only waking up at its presence, but seeing it clearly.

I have not seen it since. My theory is, it was a departed ancestor from my wife's family. Then I read about the Hatman online.

This Mexican Hatman is commonly seen all over the Southwest, including Los Angeles, where I saw him.
>>
>>15178669
>being developmentally challenged
>dat projecting
>>
Anon from one of the first posts here, your guys' responses have all been incredibly interesting to read. I really would like to know more because I've only seen him when I'm severely depressed/suicidal; or, the first time, a couple days before the first time I astrally projected. Weird shit. I don't think he's a common projection of the human mind though, I don't think our minds work that way. But who knows, haha.
>>
>>15178117
I have seen the 'shadow guy', but he didn't look like that. He also never did anything but stand there.
>>
>>15178457
Makes sense, my friend started seeing him once he started doing bath salts and meth and shit.
>>
I've seen this figure once or twice in my life too.
I think it it some of energy vampire because it only seems to show up in periods of high stress/anger.
I've seen the Hatman in person, the hooded figure in my dreams, and my sister has woken up and pet hatmans dog when it was beside her bed. She said it felt cold/slimey.
>>
File: phantom stranger.jpg (13KB, 220x333px) Image search: [Google]
phantom stranger.jpg
13KB, 220x333px
>>15178117
hahaha you are being chased by the Phantom Stranger. prepare to get #rekt kid
>>
Hm thats funny. My brother had rcurring nightmares when he was like 16 about a man standing out in front of the yard accross the street. Was an empty field that turned into a valley with a river at the bottom.

Anyways in his dream the man was getting closer every time and one night, he was so close he was touching our front gate. Never seen my brother so terrified to this day, guy was afraid to sleep. After going to church a lot and talking to people the dreams stopped
>>
>>15182711
op here, not really, he appeared to me as a child and i haven't seen him since. he was a common occurrence too, i was even afraid of him in the waking world as well as in my dreams.

your responses have been interesting, i like what this guy >>15182066 is proposing, i've mostly held the belief that when people see 'demons' it is usually a projection of their own fears.. however even though a sense of fear surrounds my memory of the hat man (mr. nobody as i've always named him) i can't think of what i had to be depressed/emotionally unstable about age 6.
>>
>>15182711
Fucking died
>>
>>15178117
I saw him once when i had sleep paralyses, He was standing outside my door way asking if he could come into my room. Really deep voice though. like really deep
>>
>>15178458
I think you're brain dead
>>
Many.cultures and religions believe in some version of "Hat Man". Catholics and Christians believe they are demons that come out at night to do Satan's work.
Wiccans believe that they are not demonic at all but just a ball of negative energy. They believe that it starts out small maybe the size of a rat and then feeds off of your nevative energy until it grows into a "human form".
What I have learned is that they look for people who are giving hints of negative emotion or can be easily manipulated like teenagers. Children are easy to attach to because they are niave and trusting. A child will willingly do whatever it tells them to do, usually. When you are sad or angry they are drawn to you. They feed off of that emotion and get strong enough to manipulate it so that you feel worse. Eventually they turn your anger or sadness into fear. When they get strong enough they move objects, say your name or even mimic the voice of others. They have very deep voices. And they can even possess you. One of the biggest mistakes people make when they encounter these creatures is acknowledging them in the first place.
I had one of them latch on to me when I was 13. My neighbor at the time came up to me and the first thing he said was that I had the gift of discernment. I had never met him before much less told him about the "demon". I've learned how to banish them too. I can even do it for other peopleand it's a lot less traumatic than what demonologists do.
>>
>>15178669
This tripfag doesn't have any kids. My four year old does shit like this.
>>
>>15178901
whiny pricks like you ruin x
>>
>>15184305
read
>>15184305
then hang your head in shame
>>
>>15181919
That could've be a nigger having some dark kinky thoughts related to you.
>>
>>15183562
How do you go about "banishing" them?
>>
>>15181844
that's exactly what I see, grey man lol
>>
File: sandman port wine.jpg (15KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
sandman port wine.jpg
15KB, 194x260px
so when i was about 13 i told my dad i wanted a wide-brimmed flat-topped hat for a costume i was trying to make. he asked "like the sandemen?" i didnt know what they were so i looked them up.

turns out they are assassins from 1600-1800 italy that were basically tax collectors and they wore that hat and cloak as a uniform. i tried to get a link on google before posting this on here but all i get now are assassins creed links. i managed to find the logo of a wine company that uses them as there logo though.
>>
File: Dark-Road-dark-road-1680x1260.jpg (224KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Road-dark-road-1680x1260.jpg
224KB, 1600x1200px
I've seen an entity like him when I was 6. I was walking home in the dark with my big brother and I kept seeing a dark figure whom for some reason I kept thinking was lurch. I nicknamed him that. After seeing stories about batman and slender I've started to wonder if I saw one of them. U had aire memorable experience with something like it 3 years ago as well.
>>
>>15186812
>batman
I meant to say hatman. Sorry
>>
oh shit. my heart dropped when i saw this thread.

i saw something basically identicle to this when i was about 9 years old, when i was about to go down to our basement (where my room was). remember him having a hat, and he was basically just a shadow. but i also remember he had no face.

i told my parents about it after it happened, but didn't go much into it. a few years ago i mentioned it again to my mother, and she said i told her about seeing the exact same thing multiple times when i was younger (about 3-7 years old).

i've been scared of the dark ever since i saw it at 9.
>>
Holy fucking shit OP. What the fuck did you just do to me. I remember this fuck.
>Be 6-7 (like OP said)
>Be laying in bed
>Hear faint noises
>Look down hallway
>This spooky fuck is leaning around the corner glaring me the fuck down
>Have PTSD
>Don't remember until OP comes along with this shit thread
>????
>Fuck OP
>>
File: Capture.png (111KB, 255x278px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
111KB, 255x278px
Sure you guys didnt all play LSD on the ps1
>>
>>15178458
>you will simply pass out after about 24 hours with no sleep.
I've done 70+ hours without drugs before. Mostly I just saw weird shit that I thought was bugs but would disappear when I tried looking at it directly. Some auditory hallucinations occurred as well, both people saying my name while I was in a house alone and scratching noises that sounded like they were inside the walls.

No hat man, though.
>>
>>15178458
>you will pass out after about 24hrs with no sleep
I've done 48 hours completely sober before
>>
>>15185068
Well I think it has to do with the whole "Gift of Discernment" thing that makes it work but it depends on the case.
Sometimes if it's not too strong simply looking at it directly and sternly telling it "go away" "you are not welcome here" etc. will work.
The one that attached itself to me was a little trickier. I had to open every window and door in the house. I had to follow it around the house from room to room telling it that it had to leave. it wasn't welcome. blah blah. That was my first "banishing" though. The trick is to not show fear or anger.
I've noticed that demonologists tend to provoke it spittig their religious bs at it and also feeding it by scaring the fuck out of the "victim".
I met a girl back in high school that had one and I was able to get rid of it before she even realized what she had.
>>
>>15185068
I have run into situations where it was so strong that it had somehow made the person feel like they needed it. In this case the best I can do is a protection "spell" that keeps it at a distance and from manipulating their emotions as much. It can get really complicated but it's never this huge ordeal like you may have seen in the movies. I did witness a possession. That was scary as hell but all we did was leave the house and go to where we felt a positive energy and that got it out and then went back in and made it leave.
>>
>>15188022
>didnt all play LSD on the ps1

Hat men predate LSD Dream Emulator.
>>
File: hatman.jpg (314KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
hatman.jpg
314KB, 683x1024px
Would also like to report in on having a hat man for an imaginary friend. I called him Charlie though, and he wasn't a malevolent force, he was my friend. Though I think the image itself was probably just imprinted from pic related. Will say though, for a moment this thread did give me a scare.
>>
>>15190350
Do you think that its bad that I absorb things like this instead of banishing them or getting them away from me?
>>
>>
>>15192312
To each his own but I would not recommend it.
At first I found it entertaining and would let it tell me stories and would fuck around with a Ouija board. All I was doing was feeding it. I was helping it get stronger. Objects would fly off my shelves and dressers. I would be on the phone with friends and we woupd both hear the thing growl my name. Every morning I woke up with anew set of bruises, scratches, and cuts. I was even strangled in the middle of the night by it. I woke up because I felt someone wrap their hands around my throat and keep me from breathing. It was not sleep paralysis because I was very much able to move and thrash tryig to break free from it.
It can get pretty scary and serious. wether it's a demon, a projection of our own fears or a ball of negative energy, it is very real and not something you should mess with.
>>
>>15193626
I apologize for all of my obvious typos.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.