[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Syndic's Riddle An eye is three circles. Black in White

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 9

File: _.jpg (24KB, 84x150px) Image search: [Google]
_.jpg
24KB, 84x150px
Syndic's Riddle

An eye is three circles. Black in White in Blue.

A group is three shortenings. Three then three then two. [xxx xxx xx]

A philosopher, a painter and a nine.

A Greek, a Dutch and a Roman.

"What I do not know I do not think I know", said Belshazzar at his feast. ~ x-1

When you find us, ask these questions.

~When is Nord right?

~When is right forded?

~When was Ford righted?
>>
syndic waits
>>
Skyrim belongs to the nords
>>
>>14900457
when you find syndic you may ask

~When is Nord right?
>>
reverse image points to tinychat
so you are waiting in a chatroom syndic?
>>
Anyone have any idea what this is?
>>
the eye, I haven't made any progress on

the grouping i think is described in the next two lines, a Greek Philosopher(3 letters, unknown), a Dutch Painter (3 letters, unknown), and a Roman nine ( two letters, IX)

Belshazzar is the king who say writing on the wall in the Book of Daniel, but the quote that syndic attributes to him is by socrates, a Greek Philosopher and the scene is depicted in a painting by Rembrandt, a Dutch Painter.

So how does one shorten Socrates and Rembrandt to three letter each? and what does "~x-1" mean?

any thoughts /x/
>>
File: image.jpg (6KB, 125x105px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6KB, 125x105px
>>14900457
>>
had another thought, maybe take "xxx xxx IX" , add up their numerical value then subtract one?
>>
well now i cant type any most code things because it thinks its spam
>>
well considering how eyes work, it should be black in blue in white
>>
>>14903192
they're describing the tinychat logo
>>
>>14903221
oh ok, gotta say I'm not gonna be thrilled when we find the chat room where syndic is and he's just playin with his dick
>>
>>14903221
found the room, he's not there now though
>>
>>14903351
feel like sharing the room?
>>
>>14903351

What's the name of the room?
>>
>>14903381
everytime i try it flags me as spam, maybe jsut because i posted >>14903221
>>14903072
>>14902998
>>14902939
in such quick succesion
>>
also thanks to >>14900477 for making me realize the eye part of the riddle
>>
>>14903392

Fuck man do this. Don't put the tinychat address. Just put the room name.
>>
>>14903408
still not working. also a guy called jzeller, who other members told my was syndic's other screen name popped in said he "got his etizolam" and left.

it's a /soc/ chatroom, so i don;t know whether i should believe them that jzeller is syndic, but etizolam is chemical used in treatment of insomnia and panic attacks.
>>
>>14903449
let me try it this way its the first thre letters of socrates (greek philosopher) then the first three letters of rembrandt(dutch painter) then the roman numeral for 9
>>
a soc chat group, boring. -.-'
also, this riddle wasnt difficult
first three soc, next three rem last two ix
>>
well someone else made it, (applewight) but then left, i'm leave the tab open incase syndic shows up
>>
btw, someone told me syndic generally is on late, like 10pm EST
>>
i need to go out for food, someone else watch the chat?
>>
i hope syndic comes back to see this thread
>>
any news
>>
lol who is this turbo faggot anyway?
>>
>>14904201
talking about yourself in 3rd person?
>>
ok so like i said before, someone by the name of jzeller showed up in the room and mentioned a drug, i was told it was the same person who goes by syndic, then, just now someone with the sceen name "vexedii" showed up, which people claimed was syndic aswell, he was going on about his uncle owning "Zeller Tuxedos" in east brunswick, NJ. i private messaged him and got this in response:

me: are you really syndic, who gave the riddle?
vexedii: convince to think isnt king crazy think
me: when is Nord right?
vexedii: fNord
me: when is right forded?
vexedii: when left right left right brick wall.
me: and when was ford righted?
vexedii: 3091
>>
>>14903471
thanks for chiming in with the wrong answer after someone else posted their stream of conscience while working the riddle. makes you look like a stupid fucking parasite.

>>14905430
you're being fucked with
>>
>>14905474
probably but it's something so i thought i'd share, are you saying you believe my answer in >>14902939 and>>14903459
is wrong? do you have any ideas?
>>
>>14905504
I think you're on the right track, but getting close to an answer and the answer itself are not the same. The tinychat logo clue and the group clue seem connected. The philosopher and Greek clues are likely connected. The quote seems a riddle in and of itself and may likely connect the previous four clues in some context.

>When you find us
You may not have been getting fucked with but it's more likely than not. Considering the riddle itself is poorly understood you may have been in the wrong location.
>>
>>14905530
i guess i did only put half of it in my first post, here look at this line:
>"What I do not know I do not think I know", said Belshazzar at his feast. ~ x-1

the quote it socrates, the painting of belzhazzar is rembrandt and x-1 = ix

so when you say:
>The quote seems a riddle in and of itself and may likely connect the previous four clues in some context.

you're right thats how i got the answer i got:
(soc)rates (Rem)brandt (Ix)

did i make a mistake somewhere?
>>
>>14905530
please go on though im just thankful someone else is interested in solving it at all
>>
>>14905570
Doesn't seem so, but the question now is how it makes sense contextually with the group clue, tiny chat, etc. The answer may not be Socrates and Rembrandt by name, but something related. Using the first three letters of their name seems assumptive.

But if you're right, maybe the room is soc, rem, and ix run together.
>>
>>14905607
>But if you're right, maybe the room is soc, rem, and ix run together.

yeah that where i was was for>>14905430
>>14903459
>>14903449
>>14903392
>>14903351
>>
>>14905607
as to:
>The answer may not be Socrates and Rembrandt by name, but something related. Using the first three letters of their name seems assumptive.

fair enough but what else? the works they did? the quote is from apology and the painting is titled "Belshazzar's Feast"
>>
the painting, fyi
>>
>>14905645
Anything come to mind that is specifically 3 letters, and relevant to both Socrates and Belshazzar/Rembrandt? Nothing rings a bell for me.

I would think the riddle would contain a hidden way to divulge such an answer but it's more likely the mind's knack for patterns is necessary.
>>
>>14905659
What's the text in the painting?
>>
>>14905660
yeah that knack is strong enough you almost sound like syndic covertly giving clues, so just to be safe i have to ask, When is Nord right?

>>14905665
"Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin" in the Book of Daniel Belshazzar sees a mans hand right this on the wall, as to it's meaning, it be quicker for you to google it tham for me to summarize here
>>
>>14905684
Would that I knew.

Unfortunately I can't see a direct correlation between the content of the painting and a grouping of 3, although the connection to Rembrandt as a the clue's indication was inspired.

As such I would seek out something relevant to Socrates and Rembrandt meanwhile maintain vigil in soc, rem, ix in case contact is made.
>>
>>14905710
well socrates has no last name, so i doubt that's it.

birth year dont really work, (though socates' is 3 digits)

and as i typed this message i found rembrandt painted a work called " syndics of draper guild" attached, one of the men in the painting is Frans Hendricksz Bel, Belshazzar means "Bel, protect the king." maybe Bel is one of the 3 letter groupings?
>>
googling both names give nothing rembrandt never painted socrates, only "aristole contemplating a bust of homer"
>>
>>14905753
On the right track.
>>
another thought, socrates' quote is the answer he gives to the oracle's "riddle" claiming no one is wiser than socrates not sure how that fits in though
>>
>>14905797
so maybe [xxx bel ix] or [bel xxx ix]
but that still leaves socrates and while syndic is a greek word, i cant find any direct connection to socrates with it
>>
i guess technically the court trying him was made up of syndics but still not 3 letter shortening
>>
>>14905607
>A group is three shortenings.
Soc(rates) and Rem(brandt) fit. Not sure about "ix" as a shortening.
>>
i found that there is a book by a joseph heller called "picture this" which features booth socrates and rembrandt
>>
>>14905877
see
>>14905622
>>14905607
>>14905570
thanks though
>>
>>14905882
more research, the book opens with reflection on socrates last words ""Crito, we owe a cock to Asclepius. Do pay it. Don't forget." which is sometimes considered a riddle, i'll keep reading some while i search elsewhere
>>
come on guys i think we're close to a break through
>>
i have to go to bed soon so i went ahead and archived the thread just incase http://4archive.org/x/thread/14900433
>>
tryed a few diffrent variations using shortenings of apology, belshazzar, joseph heller and draper, still nothing
>>
>>14905710
>soc, rem, ix
>oc rem ix
>ocremix
>>
>>14906054
that's not 3-3-2
>>
still no luck?
>>
i wonder what sources syndic used to create this puzzle
>>
>>14905504
>>14905474
>>14905430
what if vexedii WAS syndic, are risking missing the next clue by assuming it was just /soc/ messing with us?
>>
>>14906862
Then this riddle probably wasn't too well constructed past the initial clue.

>me: are you really syndic, who gave the riddle?
>vexedii: convince to think isnt king crazy think
>me: when is Nord right?
>vexedii: fNord
>me: when is right forded?
>vexedii: when left right left right brick wall.
>me: and when was ford righted?
>vexedii: 3091

Not really cryptic, just silly. Unless that's what he was going for. I've had children give me answers on par with this thinking they were telling a joke/riddle.
>>
>>14906913
meh theres reference to buddism and literature in there
>>
>>14906973
Didn't say there wasn't, but it was terribly conceived. Fnord is only an acceptable answer to a riddle if you are RAW or his ilk. It reeks of putting too much effort in being cryptic without actually taking to the time to craft a decent clue.

Left right left right brick wall is shit I did to friends when I was 8. I'm left wanting.
>>
>>14907002
i guess you're right
>>
File: eye.jpg (14KB, 300x298px) Image search: [Google]
eye.jpg
14KB, 300x298px
really? nobody could figure out "eye" riddle?

god damn

3 circles
>>
>>14907046
prettysure its the tinychat logo
>>
>>14907046
Where's the color?
>>
>>14907046
That's not the fucking answer you moron. It said a circle within a circle within a circle then even said the color.

What you made was the shape that you see behind an eyelid and that's a fucked up eye. Large circle is white, the "sphere" or the eye. Middle circle is blue, the iris. Inside that circle is black, the pupil. How fucking stupid are you?
>>
File: 7-jacobs-ladder-diagram1.jpg (2MB, 2161x3474px) Image search: [Google]
7-jacobs-ladder-diagram1.jpg
2MB, 2161x3474px
>>14907473
hurr durr de durr durr HURRR derp drap
>>
>>14907513
what exactly are you pointing out here?
>>
>>14907519
Circles within circles. Colours included.
>>
>>14907524
>An eye is three circles. Black in White in Blue.
Okay, cool.
>>
>>14907540
It's not about the physical human eye.
Does everyone have blue eyes?
>>
File: TinyChat-Logo[1].png (28KB, 159x181px) Image search: [Google]
TinyChat-Logo[1].png
28KB, 159x181px
>>14907543
Are you really this retarded?
>>
>>14907552
You're not supposed to find syndic.
It's about the options you explore with the clues given.
Lust for result etc etc.
>>
istead or argueing about the eye, which is clearly tinychat, maybe you guys can contribute to solving the grouping? hows that for an idea?
>>
syndic must be so dissapointed
>>
>>14910388
i know i am
>>
[soc bel ix]? {bel soc ix} ?
>>
syndic sad
>>
syndic waits
>>
syndic waits
>>
syndic sad
>>
Fucking hell /x/ has gone to shit recently
>>
syndic waits
>>
syndic sad
>>
when is Nord right?
>>
syndic waits
>>
i went back to the room, syndic was there when i PM'd him the questions he dissconected
>>
he's there now
>>
Guys i got it! will post screencaps of chat in a second
>>
File: Screenshot 2014-07-18 13.20.27.png (25KB, 583x406px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2014-07-18 13.20.27.png
25KB, 583x406px
sorry for wonky formatting
>>
File: Screenshot 2014-07-18 13.20.46.png (20KB, 296x70px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2014-07-18 13.20.46.png
20KB, 296x70px
>>
so,
>when is Nord right?
[xxxxxxx(beck)xx(beck)xx]
>when is right forded?
<carboncopyiwillseeyoucrimsontablet
>when was Ford righted?
beckprimarycluetheblack
>>
the primary clue has to be the painting right, but how does it fit?
>>
may be the carbon copy bit indicated that when deciphered we'll have an email address?
>>
>>14914785
shit i forgot to black out my name, ohwell
>>
none of the original riddle fits into the xxxx's, the primary clue seems to be the line about Belshazzar
>>
>>14914800
the primary clue was about the circles and it specifies the black one. A black circle is a dot so if you replace beck with dot you get [xxxxxxx(dot)xx(dot)xx]
>>
>>14916920
ok that might work, so the answer is probably a URL with the last 4 xs being co.XX for a country?
>>
the middle clue seems the most in decipherable to me, with the one braket but not the other, it it is a url, then that seems like the one that'd give us more than dots. is co.py the url extension for anywhere?
>>
crimson fits in the first slot
>>
i figured out syndics riddle:

this is a horse shit riddle with no real answer or meaning that was created to troll you all
>>
>>14917038
negativity will get you nowhere
>>
any progress on the middle clue
>>
>>14918353
besides >>14914848 and
>>14917019 ? none yet
>>
no, this thread won't die untill we get answers
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.