[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

reccomend me a book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: 1405133515345.jpg (4MB, 6408x3040px) Image search: [Google]
1405133515345.jpg
4MB, 6408x3040px
What is the book that changed your perspective on life?

I want to stop being distracted by things in life that don't matter and see a broader perspective.
I'm tired of materialistic things and relationships that never go right. Above all, i'm tired of being controlled by my emotions, especially anxiety.
>>
>>14887269
Brown pill's list is shit. At least include the Galdrabok or something.
>>
>>14887269
They really should take R.A.W off that first list. He didn't have a high opinion of conspiracy theorist. To him conspiracy theories were the stuff of fiction and fantasy.

Really all those lists are disjointed clusterfucks.
>>
>>14887269
>>14887331
I'm looking up Iron Pills list. I may have to get into these.

Here's my list from another thread, sort of an expansion on Campbells "Hero With A Thousand Faces"
>>14885749
>>
>>14887269
purple pill is troublesome as well. Putting Carroll and Crowley on the same list would be enough to make both men retch.

Brown pill is rather messed up as well. In hermeticism the purpose of the cards is align yourself with the will of the divine, not learn mysticism.
>>
>>14887337
thank you. I will actually take this into consideration and your voice will not be unheard. If my life changes, thank you.
>>
>>14887347
Somebody the other day started an interesting purple pill list, it had stuff like Leviathan by Hobbes, 48 Laws of Power, The Prince, etc. on it. Most of the things on that list for purple pill (I would think) are still green territory.
>>
>>14887269
>blue pill
>the god delusion
picture disregarded
>>
>>14887453
The TV guide didn't turn you off more?
>>
>>14887459
the TV guide makes sense, as it represents being under the spell of media. but there is literally nothing more blue-pill than organized religion. not saying you're red-pilled if you're an atheist, but blindly giving your life to religion is literally, literally the definition of being blue-pilled. i keep saying literally because it isn't my opinion, that would be a factual statement
>>
>>14887476
>being this blue pilled

Kay
>>
>>14887269
>What is the book that changed your perspective on life?

The Illuminatus! trilogy.
>>
>>14887331
>He didn't have a high opinion of conspiracy theorist. To him conspiracy theories were the stuff of fiction and fantasy.

Exactly. Illuminatus! was intended to mock conspiracy theorists and the bizarre shit they believe.
>>
>>14887269
journey to ixtlan, carlos castaneda
>>
>>14887269
Richard Dawkins FTW. Blue pill! Though some of that looks pretty dumb, I don't subscribe to bipartisan politics.
I have thumbed through some of the other stuff. I get turned off if anything in a book says anything to the effect of "This only works if you truly believe. Like, screw up your face and concentrate on believing so hard you shit your pants a tiny bit" which is the gist of practically everything red, purple or brown.
I frickin' can't stomach anything other than blue pill, though if this is a LARPing thing and I was confused into thinking it's what we ACTUALLY believe, I'll roll up a character... Purple pill. I like RPing badguys.
>>
>>14889354
>Richard Dawkins FTW

Not really. Dawkins should have stuck with his field of expertise.
>>
>>14889359
Agreed. The God Delusion isn't his best work and when he did those talk circuit things about atheism he borrowed a little too heavily from other atheist philosophers like Russell. But I'm a fan of his contributions to evolutionary biology.
>>
File: fixd.jpg (4MB, 6408x3040px) Image search: [Google]
fixd.jpg
4MB, 6408x3040px
>>14887269
Fixd your pic a little bit!
>>
>>14889373
Climbing Mount Improbable us a brilliant work complex enough for the expert but accessible to the layman. As an atheist, I found the Gid Delusion easy to pick apart.

His inclusion here, however, is just trolling.
>>
>>14887269
Proud blue pill again, though I call myself an amateur rationalist. Anyway, as far as material, I'd recommend Lesswrong.com it's a huge compilation of mental heuristics, biases, rationality materials and introductions to Bayes Theorum, statistics and game theory.
>>
Books that changed my life were: Freud civilization and its discontents, the fever by Wallace Shawn, moon and sixpence by w somerset Maugham and the decay of lying by Oscar Wilde.

All just really awesome books that make you think about your role in society, the role of art in society, and society in general.
>>
Finite and Infinite Games, by James Carse.
>>
bump so I can read this
>>
>>14887269

The Initiation

http://www.znakovi-vremena.net/en/Elisabeth_Haich_Initiation.pdf
>>
File: 1405337273584.jpg (3MB, 6408x3040px) Image search: [Google]
1405337273584.jpg
3MB, 6408x3040px
>>
>>14887269
Nature Word by R.A. Schwaller de Lubicz
The watercolor way by Alan watts

These books will show you how to find your way using the intelligence of the heart
>>
The Bible, but you have to read all of it. Don't overlook a word.
>>
>>14891741
think ill go with brown
>>
>>14892098
Good option brother ;)
>>
The Iron Pill list is great.
Maybe misses de Benoist and Dugin though. Latter just for shits and giggles.
>>
>Shitepill thread

>>>/BARNSLEY/
>>
>>14889336
I think R.A.W. is in the chart not because of the conspiracy stuff but because of his ideas about model agnosticism and self-programming. While Illuminatus WAS a parody of conspiracy theories, it does include many serious discussions about psychology, psychedelic experiences and reality.
>>
I think the whole "Imma Pill guies!!!" thing is dumb. Isn't the reptilian overlords or whatever the flavor of the day is group people? Be you, don't be something pointless like that. I'll be me, you be you...
>>
Jesus Among Other Gods hit me hard.
>>
>>14892455
>>14892455
*Doesn't
>>
>>14892166
>I think R.A.W. is in the chart not because of the conspiracy stuff but because of his ideas about model agnosticism and self-programming.

This is true.

>While Illuminatus WAS a parody of conspiracy theories, it does include many serious discussions about psychology, psychedelic experiences and reality.

I think his claim in the appendices was no idle boast. The book WILL change you or rather it certainly changed me. The reader could do a lot worse.
>>
File: image.jpg (11KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 259x195px
>>14892458
>Zacharias states that a coherent worldview must be able to satisfactorily answer four questions: that of origin, meaning of life, morality and destiny. He says that while every major religion makes exclusive claims about truth, the Christian faith is unique in its ability to answer all four of these questions.
>>
>>14892128
Misses? De Benoist is literally a at the top of the list.
>>
>>14894806
Oh shit kek.
Must have missed that
>>
Ernest Becker -The Denial of Death. Read it.
>>
>>14894803

I guess when you arbitrarily define all the variables you don't often draw conclusions that you don't want to draw.
>>
PDFs or they didn't happen.
>>
>>14894803
Why not read it instead of shutting in away from it, trying to find 'errors'?
>>
>>14896960
Most books on the list are stupid easy to find on pdf, especially the purple pill list.
>>
>>14891741
Krishamurti (the prodigy) needs to be on Brown list
>>
>>14898880
Any books you can recommend from him?
Also any other brown pill recommended reading?
>>
File: 21919.jpg (519KB, 1215x1764px) Image search: [Google]
21919.jpg
519KB, 1215x1764px
>>14887269
>>
>>14891659
this
>>
fifty shades of boku
>>
File: 1405376854848.jpg (3MB, 6408x3040px) Image search: [Google]
1405376854848.jpg
3MB, 6408x3040px
>>14891741
"Red Pill" had to have one more read.
>>
>>14899900
TRIP DUUUBS!!!!!
>>
>>14887269
>brown pill
>tarot cards

I recommend multiple doctrines by Nietzche, such as Einmal ist Keinmal and any related tracts. Origin of Family, Private Property, and the State. As well as a lot of stuff on dialectical materialism. the National Question by Stalin, Anarchy State and Utopia by Nozick.
>>
>>14900755
all of these (Green Pill or Brown Pill, really) need to have A Fine Balance by Rohintin Mistry added to them. This shit is so ivory tower.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.