[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im kinda confused on which type of file i should put my vids

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Im kinda confused on which type of file i should put my vids on like:
>Mp4
>flv
>webm
. Idk if the file type matter because for some odd reason when i put it on mp4 i get horrible blocky results and was thinking that it was the file type.

I'm not sure and im kind of new to this so any help is greatly appreciated.
>>
>>50837
do you use it to stream or record like fraps?
>>
>>50849
Op here
To record
>>
you are listing containers (mp4, webm, mkv, etc). containers contain streams. video streams are encoded with video codecs (like AVC/x264, xvid). the codec and codec settings (most importantly bitrate) determine the quality, not the container.

selecting a container shouldn't matter too terribly much. you can pretty much freely switch between most containers without re-encoding any streams (thus preserving exactly the same quality and wasting no time). personally i love mkv because it is free, open and incredibly versatile.
>>
>>50855
more info. pc specs. game?. youtube or twitch?
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN9je0kh84g
>>
>>50837
I use .mp4 and it looks completely fine

How did you configure the encoding section?
>>
>>50837
I would use flv. If OBS crashes using mp4 or webm, your video gets completely corrupted.
>>
I think i have my bit rate at 3000 idk if it needs to be high or lowered
>>
.mp4 or .mkv for offline, .webm for web
>>
>>50882
what is your resolution?
>>
>>50900
And if I wanna stream something?
>>
What is the diference between each codec? Which codecs are the most 'efficient'? Some days ago i downloaded a tv show on 1080p and i was surprised that the file had 3x less disc space, but the same quality.
>>
>>50920
"efficient" in what way? there's always a trade-off. with a next-gen codec like x265 or VP9 you can really cut down on file size, but in turn encoding take *a lot* more processing power.

very simple clips are easy to encode: no camera movement, lots of similar colours, no busy frames, no fast movements, low frame rate, low resolution. you can really cut down on bitrate on those. on the flipside, clips with fast movements, lots of camera pans, hard contrasts, high frame rates and high resolution take a shitton of bitrate (and therefore file size) to make them look crisp. but in practice clips are rarely uniform. you have calm moments and fast action. on set clips you can encode appropirately. with 2pass encoding you can allocate high bitrate where it is needed and otherwise save on bitrate. but you are encoding as the images you record come streaming in. and the codec can't really predict whether the next second will be fast action or just you staring at a menu.

so properly encoded films will always be smaller than a live footage dump from recording if you go for the same quality.

you really have to set your own priorities. do you care about disk space? do you care about time (re-encoding footage before further use)? do you care about processing power (older codecs are easier on the CPU, but produce larger files). do you care for fluid motion (60fps looks better but takes more of everything else). there's no gold standard to achieve perfect results.
>>
Op here ,

The only thing i care about is quality with 60 frames or higher, not really much on disk space , my resolution is 1080p
>>
>>50975
Post a pic of your settings
>>
>>51598
Ok wait give me a couple im on my way home from a trip
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.