[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my pc doesn't turn on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1237880997196.gif (92KB, 182x300px) Image search: [Google]
1237880997196.gif
92KB, 182x300px
okay so i unplugged every electrical device for the night and when i plugged it back on this morning my pc didn't respond when i pushed the power button. motherboard leds are on and the power supply seems to work fine too. any ideas? this is a 10 year old shitbox btw.
>>
>>50049
You might be better off in /g/, anon.

Can you explain in more detail? Say you push the power button, what happens after that? Step by step.
>>
Is the power switch in the back of your pc, most likely near or on the power supply, turned off or set to 220v? Is your cable plugged into the wall/power supply/circuit breaker?
>>
>>50098
i thought /g/ was not for tech support. i press the button and literally nothing happens.
>>50100
it's all turned on and plugged in.
>>
dead mobo battery?
>>
>>50102
Okay so everything on the PC is working. Is the problem you not getting video on your monitor? or are you not getting a POST beep from your PC?
>>
>>50102
/g/ is full of pretentious faggots, they have a good heart though. Try using the /sqt/ thread there.

Did you at any point smell burnt plastic or smoke the last few days?

Double check your psu switch on the back of the case. If nothing happens when you hit the power button, either your power supply is fried or the wire connecting your power button to the board is kaputt. Start looking there, anon
>>
>>50105
monitor was working fine and probably still does. there's no beep and no response from the fans either.
>>50109
now that you mention i might have heard a slight buzzing sound for a second when i plugged the electricity back on. i tested the power supply with another pc and that did turn on.
>>
>>50123
If you have another CMOS battery on hand i'd suggest trying what to replace that like >>50104
said. Also if you now how to reset the CMOS using jumpers i'd suggest doing that as well. If not i could try to explain it, but every mobo is different.
>>
>>50125
gonna check that when i get home. thanks for the help, man. i have no idea how to to that though.
>>
>>50129
The easy way to reset your CMOS is to take out the batter, start your computer, turn it off, and put it back in. However many mobos have protections against that. So you'll have to look on your mobo for a spot that says "CMOS Reset" or some aught like it and put a jumper on the pins, then follow the same step for the easy way. Just take off the jumper after you're done.
>>
File: 1444018603017.jpg (115KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1444018603017.jpg
115KB, 720x480px
>>50133
it worked, everything is back to normal, i just had to change the date. thanks a lot for the help anon!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.