[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Java

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I need a Java code to randomly generate 4 groups of 4 and 2 groups of 3 out of 21 items. Any help is appreciated.
>>
>asking the internet to do your homework for you
What do you have so far?
>>
I tried to modify a similar code but that one didn't have groups involved and I couldn't make it work....so I don't have nothing
>>
>>46320
4 groups of 4 and 2 groups of 3 make 22, not 21.
>>
Well I guess we'll have 4 groups of 4 and 1 group of 5. My bad
>>
how about you make that with arrays?
>>
>>46320
Bung them into a collection.
Write a class that implements a comparator that:

- if it's never seen the two objects before, returns a random answer and remembers what it returned
- if it has seen the objects before, returns the same answer as last time*

"sort" the collection with the comparator
Iterate through the collection, reading off whatever groups you require.

* you need to do this, because the API does not specify a sorting algorithm, so your comparator needs to be deterministic. Some sorts, if you give them different answers each time, will never halt, or will not sort the whole series.
>>
whatever works best to accomplish the goal.
By the way last week I had my first Java class and the only things that we worked with are var, if and for so don't go too hard.
>>
Thanks for the support. I will try to do that even though it seems too much for my actual level.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.