[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any recommendations for manga similar to Oyasumi Punpun? I didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: clackclackclackclack.png (128KB, 525x294px) Image search: [Google]
clackclackclackclack.png
128KB, 525x294px
Any recommendations for manga similar to Oyasumi Punpun?

I didn't necessarily like reading it for the misanthropy/depressing stuff (not that I didn't enjoy it), but more so for the fact that it was really well drawn, read more like a novel, and doesn't really share many traits with the typical run of the mill manga (like, harem stuff or preparing for the school cultural festival or whatever).
Just thought I'd say all that, so I wouldn't just get recommended dark/edgy stuff, though I'm not opposed to it if you think it's good.
Thanks.
>>
Anything else by the same author. Solanin and What a Wonderful World! are my favourites besides Punpun. They're not really dark, although some of his other works are very edgy. Didn't really like those all too much but I can vouch for these two. Also Dededede is good (his currently publishing series) if not a bit more manga-y than what you're asking for.

Thematically similar to Punpun is Strongest Man Kurosawa, which I recommend to everyone because it's fucking great.
>>
File: 1447652856255.png (4KB, 160x156px) Image search: [Google]
1447652856255.png
4KB, 160x156px
>>45780
One of my favorite coming-of-age manga is Onani Master Kurosawa. I don't exactly say it's the same as Punpun but it has some common things.

I've yet to find manga that is as amazing as Punpun.
>>
I am a Hero is pretty good in that it doesn't read like other manga. It starts off a little slow and kinda incomprehensibly, but gets better within the first few chapters. It is nowhere near as obtuse as the first couple of pages make it seem.

GE: Good Ending is great if you like something with some real emotion and good character development. It is very much a drama manga, though, and there are a few scenes that are a little over the top.

There's also Aku no Hana, which shares some of that dysphoric sense with Punpun. However, it didn't strike as many chords with me as Punpun did.

I'll also second Onani Master Kurosawa (there's also a small sequel novel that was translated and is floating around) and Asano Inio's other work; What a Wonderful World! can be very cute at times and Solanin has a pretty decent "vibe" to it as well.

If you're only looking for manga that deviates from the norm, there's also:
Nickelodeon
Sakamoto desu ga?
Kiseijuu
Liar Game
Gangsta
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.