[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What video editors can open WEBM files?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: flaming.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
flaming.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Anything works, doesn't have to be that sophisticated. Some basic operations, preferrably with conversion to MP4.
>>
File: 04-[AD1] Avidemux.webm (3MB, 838x814px) Image search: [Google]
04-[AD1] Avidemux.webm
3MB, 838x814px
i don't know about commercial editors, but on the open source side of things everything based on FFmpeg should be able to do it. which is pretty much every open source video editor ever.

for beginners i'd recommend Avidemux. it's a very simple and intuitive GUI for FFmpeg. i'm running 2.6 and webms work fine except keyframe navigation. also, it only reads webm and doesn't export. in the webm uploaded with this post i'm showing off Avidemux for a tutorial thread i did a while ago.

personally i'm doing pretty much everything directly with FFmpeg, but getting into a command line tool might be a steep entry barrier to less experienced users.

also, you should read up a little bit about the difference between video codecs (H.264, VP8, etc) and containers (mkv, mp4, webm, avi, etc). it's probably helpful for the conversions you intend to do.
>>
File: konosuba.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
konosuba.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>42942
I have a 30s webm file, all I need is to cut one second from the beginning and render the result as MP4.

Pic related. This clip would have been easier to share over the Internet if it skipped the first bath rinse and started with the beer mugs instead.

I've tried using the advanced controls in VLC but the results have been shitty (artifacts, cutting in the wrong moment).
>>
>>42951
>>42951
>all I need is to cut one second from the beginning and render the result as MP4.
FFMpeg's command-line can do this.

But beware, because it's as if the designers of FFMpeg read the parable of the Golem and thought "what a helpful golem! He dug a really big hole, just like he was asked!".

FFMpeg will do exactly what you tell it to. Not what's sensible, reasonable, what's standards-compliant, or what you probably meant, but exactly. what. you. told. it. to.
>>
>>42951
open Avidemux, drag&drop the webm into it. push the single right arrow in the bottom until you see the first frame you want to keep (the mugs). press the end of selction buttion (looks like "]B"). pres DEL on your keyboard to remove the first frames.

in the left side panel select Mpeg4 AVC (x264) as Video output. select MP4 Muxer as output format. click the disk in the upper tool bar to save and encode.

done.
>>
>>42951
Pay particular attention to the ordering of command-line elements, and the different semantics of trimming input files vs trimming output files.

FFMpeg will bite you in the nuts, and then explain why that's technically what you asked it to do.
>>
>>42963
oh yeah, and ignore any error messages, because (like i mentioned) Avidemux isn't too happy with webms.

still works though

>exactly. what. you. told. it. to.
oh yes, so much this. isn't it awesome? :-D
>>
File: avidmeux_error.png (381KB, 1680x1080px) Image search: [Google]
avidmeux_error.png
381KB, 1680x1080px
>>42963
I figured that much out, it's not like I've never edited a video before.

Thanks for the exhaustive advice, but unfortunately, it's not that simple. I keep running into this error.
>>
>>42974
Come to think of it, I'd appreciate a less-than-noob-level solution. I've tried to convert WEBM using VLC, and then using Sony Vegas, but Vegas refuses to set a bitrate that's not a preset. 4M and the file grows to 13 MB, 768K and the quality goes to shit. It should be 967k, but Vegas refuses to cooperate.
>>
>>42978
...Or, since Avidemux had issues cutting WEBM, I just used the VLC conversion and worked on MP4 in Avidemux.

The only issue right now is that the output file is larger than the input file, despite cutting 29 frames. What sort of video decoder, video output and output format should I use to match the original size?
>>
Aaand I've found the advanced options under Video Output. Set the bitrate to what it should be, works now.

Case closed. Thanks anons.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.