[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Asking for tech support Alright, I've tried quite a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (260KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
260KB, 1280x720px
>Asking for tech support
Alright, I've tried quite a few things. I'm at my wits end here.

Built a brand new computer a few weeks ago. Tried some of the basic games right off the bat and it seemed to work OK but nothing amazing.

I went from a 560ti to a 980ti, so I expected a huge difference.
Problem is, some games aren't performing very well. For example Dragon's Dogma is running at ~30fps and I don't even have it maxed out. Other people with 600 series seem to be running the game with more FPS than me.

Help me here. What is going on? Thought my CPU may have been capped for some reason but I don't think that's the case. Tried reinstalling GPU drivers with a clean install, but nothing. Ran the heaven benchmark as well as 3Dmark and both seem to run fine with no issues. Vsync is disabled and I put it all on the lowest settings to see if it'd change anything and it still runs like shit.

What am I doing wrong?
>>
File: specs.png (32KB, 475x432px) Image search: [Google]
specs.png
32KB, 475x432px
Even tried overlocking my CPU with the TPU switch on my board for shits and giggles.

Removed any monitoring or CPU/GPU software. Nothing has changed.

My specs:
MSI 980ti
Asus X-99 mobo
DDR4 ram at 2122mhz, 2 sticks of 8gb
i7 5930k
Corsair 1000w PSU
>>
Do you have the 3D mark results? The run details.
>>
File: 3dmark.png (126KB, 1358x917px) Image search: [Google]
3dmark.png
126KB, 1358x917px
Also I'll install any monitoring or testing programs you want me to.

>>41515
This is on the 'high performance' 3Dmark firestrike.
>>
>>41513
are you sure the FPS limiters are off in dragon's dogma?
>>
File: cropped DD.png (2MB, 1622x789px) Image search: [Google]
cropped DD.png
2MB, 1622x789px
>>41518
I'm getting like 20-40fps in the game, it isn't capped and stable like with vsync, it's all over the place.

Tried looking at nvidia control panel and everything looks 100% normal. I even tried setting it to performance instead of quality.

I can show you the settings, but I put it all on the lowest possible and STILL get around 30fps.
>>
>>41513
1) what does your CPU utilization history look like in Task Manager?
2) Have you properly powered the 980ti? It draws power from the four extra pins of the ATX-24 connector, as well as from a 6-pin and an 8-pin PCIe power connector. If these are missing or inadequate, it'll go into limp-home mode rather than crash the computer
2a) It'll also do this if it's overheating
>>
File: CPU.png (245KB, 1054x370px) Image search: [Google]
CPU.png
245KB, 1054x370px
>>41525
This? Fucking nothing. I can try running the game for you and then posting it if you want.

It is plugged in properly. I have all 3 connectors in properly. The one full sized, and the other which looked like a 2 prong and 4 prong connector in the other slots.

Idle sits around 36c and high temps are around 50-60c which should be good.
No bitcoin miner if that's what you're thinking.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.