[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know what this is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2016-01-24-19-40-59.png (1MB, 1600x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-24-19-40-59.png
1MB, 1600x2560px
My friend has a bit of a problem, all her files have been encrypted and I figure if anyone knows ittl be someone from 4chan
>>
Do you have a backup?
>>
File: 1453602562775.jpg (124KB, 767x749px) Image search: [Google]
1453602562775.jpg
124KB, 767x749px
thats the cryptolocker trojan/virus (other variations like cryptowall) silently encypts valuable files (dox, doc, txt, jpg, png, bmp, etc) and holds them ransome. if you don't pay up within a specific time frame the files remain encrypted and can't decrypted due to the method used to crate them. with the time limit is exceeded, the special key to decrypt files is erased from the criminals server at which point your files are lost forever. sad part is even if you pay up there is not guarantee that they will send you the decrypt key.
at this point there is no way to get file files back without that key. most have just taken the lost and moved on.
>>
>>40684>>40684
google ransomware.

Her PC was infected by malware that encrypted her files (making them unusable), and they are trying to sell her the password to decrypt the files (making them usable again).

Also removing the malware with an antivirus program will not decrypt the files, perhaps it's not even possible (it depends on the malware).

Perhaps someone more knowledgable can give proper instructions, I never has a virus problem.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.