[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Op needs some new anime, with a main protagonist who isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (28KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 400x225px
Op needs some new anime, with a main protagonist who isn't a complete pussy bitch and is a total badass from the beginning
>>
>>38009
Berserk
>>
Shokugeki no Soma, surprisingly.
>>
Thanks guys, just started watching deadman wonderland and it's really good but protagonist is just a little bit of a pussy and I'm growing tired of it
>>
>>38009
Requesting the source of that image because google is being unhelpful.
>>
Kurogane no Linebarrels. The protagonist is an idiot, but knows he's awesome from episode one.
>>
>>38028
Fault!! Episode 1.
>>
got it from B it was a gif, try search it on WSG? Saved it on my phone but it's only JPEG :( sorry I can't help bro
>>
Rokku no yuusha

Ey is pretty badass.
>>
>>38009
Strike the blood
Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica
Kaze no Stigma
Hellsing Ultimate
>>
One Punch
>>
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Jotaro ranks in my top 3 antiheroes.
>>
hellsing
>>
Triage X
>>
>>38009
Love Live! School Idol Project
>>
>>38010
motherfucking this.
>>
File: 1445337922065.png (746KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1445337922065.png
746KB, 1920x1080px
One Punch Man
>>
>>61782649
Overlord
>>
Dirty Pair Flash
It's actually very old, but you aren't likely to have seen it already.
Seasons 1 and 2 are their own story arcs, but season 3 has self-contained episodes. And much more fanservice than the former.
>>
File: cobura.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
cobura.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>38009
You said "new", but I'm still gonna go with old 70s/80s anime like Space Adventure Cobra and Captain Harlock.

Cobra isn't talked about often enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zt9DvZ-zHA
>>
>>38952
>those tits

I'm in.
>>
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
>>
Watch JoJo.
>>
Hokuto
No
Ken
>>
Full Metal Alchemist
Clannad
Yugo the Negotiator
Steins;Gate
>>
Requiem for the Phantom
>>
>>38010
Seconded. This and One punch.
>>
>>38009
Madan no Ou to Vanadis. Not sure about badass, but the protagonist is pretty fucking competent from chapter/episode 1.

>>38023
Yeah, surprisingly Soma is a total motherfucker.
>>
>>40152
>Madan no Ou to Vanadis
That was surprisingly unshit.

The character designs are derivative as fuck (Cirno, Cat-Tats, All-Anal), but it was highly refreshing to see characters that kick ass instead of kyaaing all over a bland, non-threatening protagonist.

It would have benefited from an intro like Game of Thrones had, where the unobservant viewer gets reminded of what everywhere is called and where everything is in relation to everything else, as a lot of its story involves the Kingdom of WhereTheFuck advancing through the Mountains of GodKnowsWhere to thwart the advances of Duke WhoTheFuckWasHeAgain.
>>
>>38009
Dragon Pink
>>
>>39667
Jonathan is kind of a bitch at the start
>>
>>40265

This.

I watched it and I was absolutely disappointed, I was thinking it was gonna be a better version of Maoyuu, but then the storyline, characters, or basically EVERYTHING gets to shit like SAO. It had a really good potential but ruined due to poor scripting. The whole thing doesn't make sense and there's these "suddenly" bullshit moments where the hero just goes OP for no reason, it's like SUDDENLY his bow can talk and blast the shit out of the escaping enemy, SUDDENLY this sword can slay dragons "Long Ranged" with magic, SUDDENLY i'll recruit you into my team EVENTHOUGH we are at war and you are the enemy, as a """"Prisoner"""" and give you 3000 troops to lead for your own "reasons". It's all toppled down upside down by making the story as unrealistic as possible.
>>
>>40782
>the whole thing doesn't make sense
See, the story does make sense, but it asks a lot from the viewer that it probably shouldn't.

Firstly, it assumes the viewer is familiar with Feudalism. Which isn't that unreasonable, I guess, given that it was written for a Japanese audience, and Japan was Feudalist for much of its history.

The way Feudalism works is kinda like the USA's system of federation, except the states don't have elected governors, they're led by one Earl/Laird/Daimyo (for convenience, I'm gonna go with "Laird"). Now the Laird wasn't just the governor, he actually owned the entire state. Everything in the state was his. The land his subjects lived on, the houses they lived in, the fields they worked, all his. Because everything was his, his subjects paid him a tithe from the crops they grew and the things they manufactured. In return, he raised a garrison to keep them safe from criminals, beasts and invading armies.

The Lairds owed allegience to a King, and were expected to pay *him* tribute in money and goods, and when the King needed an army, the troops came from the Lairds' garrisons. As long as the King was getting paid, the Laird had significant freedom to do basically whatever the fuck he liked.
>>
>>40822
Which leads us to this:
>SUDDENLY i'll recruit you into my team EVENTHOUGH we are at war and you are the enemy, as a """"Prisoner"""" and give you 3000 troops to lead for your own "reasons".

Recall that the Laird has significant freedoms (in this show, unlike in real life, this even seems to extend to "starting wars with other Lairds under the same King"). Cat-tats isn't at war with sex-hair or his fiefdom, she's defending herself from sex-hair's kingdom. He's only there because (like all the other Lairds) he got mustered by the king.

Cat-tats doesn't work for him for REASONS, she works for him because in exchange he's going to give her his whole entire fiefdom. That's huge. Like absolutely massive. It's not something she could just swan in and take it, because:

- she's not the king, and she can't command an army, only her garrison
- if she invaded the neighbouring kingdom with her garrison, she'd be facing her neighbours' entire army

This all makes sense if you already know about Feudalism (and especially historical-fiction Feudalism, like on Game of Thrones), but Vanadis just assumes you already know and doesn't mention any of this.

> and there's these "suddenly" bullshit moments where the hero just goes OP for no reason, it's like SUDDENLY his bow can talk and blast the shit out of the escaping enemy, SUDDENLY this sword can slay dragons "Long Ranged" with magic
To be fair to it, it's made pretty clear in the first episode that magical weapons exist, and seem to be in the control of the noble classes, so it seemed pretty obvious to me that the big ornate daedric bow that was handed down from his father (the previous Laird) and came with dire warnings not to use frivolously would probably turn out to be one too.
>>
>>38009
Akagi, you don't really need to know mahjong to enjoy it
>>
>>40822
>>40828

The Feudalism thing does indeed make sense but my point was there are times where the whole anime took "luck" to a whole to level to the point of unrealism, you see, not even how much of a great archer you are, ordinary bows and arrows can't break heavy steel shields, nor do they stick there at a certain spot. Plus he was the only one left in the war in the 1st episode and it didn't explain how he was the only guy alive eventhough everyone around him is dead, he didn't have a good weapon or a good armor yet he survived. The whole story is toppled over because it's trying to "assume" that we already knew what was happening, it would make sense if people had read the original.

Your argument is invalid because he was just a prisoner, not a subject. There was a ransom that was to be dealt with but they'd just skipped over that and gave him 3000 troops instead.

>To be fair to it, it's made pretty clear in the first episode that magical weapons exist, and seem to be in the control of the noble classes

That's not an excuse why the armies they fought didn't have them as well (like in the 1st episode), why would they go in a war they know they're going to lose in the 1st place? is the person leading that stupid? or did they just write the story just for that sake of the protagonist "winning". The noob protagonist who went to war had no experience or whatsoever yet he's the only one left alive, he's not even smart, that's why he was even put at the back of the army. It's like SAO's plot all over again, it's just putting the spotlight on the unwanted and the unlikeable main character.
>>
>>40922
>There was a ransom that was to be dealt with but they'd just skipped over that and gave him 3000 troops instead.
Again, he paid her an entire fiefdom.

He literally owns a state, and that's what he paid her with.
>>
>>40828
>>40922

My point here is the fact that the whole story isn't only about the protagonist, it's about everything as well. Putting him on a pedestal making him all look shiny and shit, overshadows and destroys the anime as a whole, the enemies they had, had lots of chances to win, the story and the plot just wasn't written well enough and the writers just agreed to give him a landslide of win. Whole anime is one-dimensional as fuck, what is it about? The shitty protagonist winning because he's supposed to be "OP".

>>40935

That wasn't made on paper so you can't call a deal like that so fast. As if she already knows that she faces an army and then just be like
"yeah, we can take down any army at any time"
"sure gimme your kingdom and ill do it for you"
The whole plot, story, characters, etc. acts like they already know what's going to happen as if they saw it in the book or fate or some shit like that, that they're going to win ALL wars and survive everything. There are lots of precautions to be made in an actual war, a good leader like her should NOT be doing rash decisions, especially if it's facing an unknown enemy.
>>
>>40942

The whole anime in itself is just like a packed bomb, it could've been a good spectacle but due to the poor making and lots of holes in it, and patching it with a scotch tape, the MacGuyver "pulling shit out of your ass" moments because of """"this just happens to be"""" reasons, it just fizzes out.
>>
>>38315
This. Mother fucker never cracks, either. That and Joseph joestar's intro what with the police and the restaurant scenes were fucking brilliant
>>
>>40761
I wouldn't say he's an outright bitch, since he clearly has bite to his bark, the problem being that he lacks the strength to actually make that bite stick (initially)
>>
>>40822
Just want to add to this that England was based on this system.
>>
But what about an anime where the MC starts out a badass, but then, by the end, becomes a whiny bitch
>>
>>38009
ONE PUNCH MAN
>>
legends of thee dark king
its a third fallout(post apoc) a third berserk(style+violence) and a third one punch man (main has op fist)
>>
>>41149
Haha yes. Main protagonist is god teir awesome. Watch it now!
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.