[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Computer fails to boot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (656KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
656KB, 2448x2448px
So I went to turn my computer on a couple days ago after Windows updates, and it failed to respond to any input, I forced it off by holding the power and now it refuses to turn back on. I have tried all of the following to no avail:
- Re seating the RAM
- Re seating the connection to the power button
- Bridging the connection to turn the power on
- tearing down and re putting the computer back together
Just bouncing off other users before I do anything drastic, effect lighting is still being displayed so I believe that the motherboard isn't dead, and I currently suspect the power supply itself seeing as this build is like. 4 years old. Any ideas?

Proc: AMD 8150 FX black edition
Video Card: AMD 7950
PSU: Rosewill RD700
MOBO: gigabyte ga-970a-ud3
>>
mobo probably died
>>
Mine does that from time to time, it's an older Intel XFX mobo running a 6600, when mine stops responding I reseat the BIOS or just push on it from corner to corner and sometimes that works but most of the time I have to completely remove the BIOS then reseat it and so far that has worked 100% of the time, that's been going on for a couple years at least, I'm too cheap to upgrade and it still plays games very well so I jest keep doing the above.
>>
Does it even Post? Can you get to the BIOS menu?
>>
>>35779
Nope. Straight up denial to do anything at all. It's really frustrating
>>
Got anything else besides the keyboard and mouse plugged in? If you do,unplug everything and try powering it on. If it doesn't do anything,it could mean any of the following:

1)CPU is dead
2)MOBO is dead
3)HD is dead
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.