hey me and my friend are new to the anime experience and want to understand and be initiated into the otaku culture. from your experience what is the best anime starter kit if you will?
I'm just gonna give you the ones i like the most cause i think the starter kit sucks.
>Hunter X Hunter 2011
- this is the best cartoon I've ever watched it starts off all colorful n childish but then i gets all dark and mature n shit. Great character developement. No power of friendship moments. Best. Every character in this series is unique and even if they appear for less than 5 minutes you wanna know more about them. Honestly the anime i watched after hxh weren't as enjoyable cause my standards where set too high. Has one of the most badass moments in anime.
>Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- awesome story and characters i could see it turned into a television series or someshit. I think this one is starter kit
- Solid anime. Psychological. Really well made and i liked the overall theme. Specially the ending.
>Hajime no Ippo
- Best sports anime. It's about boxing. Really funny. One of the most badass moments in anime history.
> One Punch Man
- Awesome fights and animation. Simple story that is still interesting. It's also pretty funny but I think Hajime no ippo is funnier. Oh and it's made by the same studio as HxH, Parasyte and Hajime no Ippo, Mad House. It's also pretty short 12 episodes.
- Psychological. Some guy wants to cleanse the world from criminals and scum but he's kinda the villain and this other guy wants to stop him. Really cool this one is a starter anime for sure.
>Attack on Titan
-It's kinda slow in the beginning but it's worth it. It kinda reminds me of game of thrones. It's really bloody and has great story and animations. It's about giant zombies.
-Made me cry desu it also looks really pretty and has a simple but captivating story.
>Dragon Ball Z
>Lelouch of the Rebellion
>Neon Genesis Evangelion
Kill la Kill
Daily Lives of Highschool Boys
The World God Only Knows
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
A healthy mix of slice of life, action, comedy, and some romance. If you don't like any of these then you should just give up on the genre.