[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /wsr/, recently I got a hyper 212 evo, and decided to install

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Hey /wsr/, recently I got a hyper 212 evo, and decided to install it. Upon discovering that it required me to take out the motherboard, I figured i'd re-wire my PC for better cable management(It was awful the first time I built it.) So I disconnected everything, took all my components out, and re-wired my PC. hooked everything back up. and started it up.

Lo and behold, it started up, but once it got to the windows login screen, it froze up, and lagged like crazy. Took me about a minute to type in my password, took a minute to log in, took a minute for the desktop to load. Mouse was borderline unresponsive, eventually it would crash. All the while the screen was flickering on and off. Sometimes it'd boot up for it to crash right after the login screen. Now if I run it in safe mode, it runs just fine. No issues. Is it a driver/service issue? hardware? any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
>>
1. Did you seat the heatsink properly?
2. Are you using aftermarket thermal paste?
3. You removed the old thermal paste before applying any new paste?
>>
Enter BIOS, look at CPU temperature.

Does it run away?

If yes, reseat heatsink.
>>
>>33389
>>33391
I checked both of these, because I first thought it was overheating, but CPU temps are nominal.
>>
>>33392
God knows then.

Take everything apart.
Swear at everything.
Put it back together.
>>
>>33395
What truly baffles me is that nothing's changed. all I did was take it apart and put it back together, and it runs fine in safe mode. I tried restoring back to a different config, but that didn't work. Should I just re-install the OS?
>>
File: fghfghfgh.webm (459KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
fghfghfgh.webm
459KB, 360x360px
>>33383
haEv yuo treiD blaStinG it wif PISS????

Seriously though, Try a clean boot and enable services one by one and see if anything is fishy, alternatively; try resetting bios to default settings.
>>
>>33398
Possibly.

Run a lap of memtest86 first.
>>
>>33405
It'll take a while, but I'll try that
>>33412
Is that that thing from the F8 boot menu? Because I tried that and no problems were detected.
>>
>>33413
I also forgot to mention that I tried a diagnostic startup boot and it didn't detect any issues
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.