[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sennheiser E835 vs Shure SM7B

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: e835_hires.jpg (125KB, 1200x356px) Image search: [Google]
e835_hires.jpg
125KB, 1200x356px
hey yeah /wsr/ any audio engineers here can help me out im doing YouTube videos from my room but the problem is my fans are being picked up in my audio which microphone would be better are hopefully not picking up the fans the Sennheiser E835 or the Shure SM7B?
>>
>>33345
>I'm doing YouTube videos from my room
what kinda stuff are you recording?
You playing guitar and singing, let's play with commentary...
>the problem is my fans are being picked up in my audio
you have fans in your room?
ah fans as in air conditioning fans, yes
>which microphone would be better?
among the two def the sm7, but you'll need to spend more money to make it sound usable
you surely have better options, tho what exactly depends on what you want to record
be specific
>>
>>33358
Recording commentary voice overs for videos.
Windows AC and Computer fans I turn off all the fans I can turn off only thing I can do is replace my current case fans.
Would it not be true that having a audio interface would be no different then any other microphone I mean if I need to turn the gain up on the microphone it will still pick up noise would it not? I mean I figure the louder the microphone is turned up the more noise it will pick up.
>>
https://marco.org/podcasting-microphones
>>
>>33360
>Recording commentary voice overs for videos
alright, get a blue yeti usb or an at2020 usb, whatever costs less, if you want dirt easy stuff to use and to look cool because muh condenser mic
if you want a setup that's a bit more complicated but would work better for you get some sm58 ripoff (or even the original) and an audio interface, like the mackie onyx blackjack
>Would it not be true that having a audio interface would be no different then any other microphone
a mic and an audio interface are totally different things
look up digital audio interface on Google for more about that
you'll need one of you want to connect a proper mic with xlr output to a computer
>if I need to turn the gain up on the microphone it will still pick up noise would it not?
in principle yes, but mics have different sensitivity and an sm58 will pick up much more "close sound" than your everyday condenser, regardless of how much gain is applied to the signal
also stuff has different signal to noise radio, look that up as well
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.