[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to Linux so hard right now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1452626373339.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1452626373339.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Okay so I've been lurking around /g/ for some time now, specifically on desktop threads. But since I am too dumb to linux idk how they do it. What I want to know is how to make my Arch Linux installation look like this?
>>
>>31473
>visit Tokyo
>take computer to Akibahara district
>Dump in random tech store
>Yell "JUSTU FUKKU MAI SHITU UPPU!!!" at the top of your lungs
>???
>Profit
>>
>>31484
KEK
>>
>>31484
Akihabara, too tired.

I'm not sure why your question is a question, though. It calls out the theme right in the picture. Tried searching for that?
>>
Pure Pure is a great album.
>>
>>31489
I get the stuff about the themes, fonts and shit, but what about the enviroment and all that crap.
>>
>>31495
It actually says that too. The distro is Arch Linux, the Window Manager (WM) used is OpenBox (install this using pacman, your distro's package manager) and apparently that supports theming as well. Install OpenBox with the cuteasmysoul theme and take it from there.
>>
>>31495
The WM and other info is RIGHT THERE in the command line.
>>
>>31498
...for the date and time you may also need to set your system's regional preferences to Japanese so you get the full weeaboo experience, but don't come crying to me if you can't use it anymore.
>>
>>31498
what about the desktop enviroment is it MATE?
>>
>>31507
You are kidding, right?
>>
>>31508
i don't know that's why i'm asking. it was an example.
>>
>>31507
I'm not sure we're even speaking the same language. The window manager plus its theme *is* the desktop environment. What else are you looking for?
>>
>>31509
There is no 'actual' desktop environment in the case of that picture. What there IS is a standalone window manager. In this case, it's Openbox. And Openbox is on its own.

So, to sum it up, no. no MATE. Only Openbox which has been customized.
>>
>>31512
Okay that's all i wanted to hear, thanks guys!
>>
>>31513
One more thing.
If you're new to Linux, I'd recommend Linux Mint instead of Arch. You should move up to Arch when you feel you're ready.
>>
>>31515
Just thinking of doing this as a little project in virtualbox for now so i don't fuck up everything on my current installation :D but thanks for the advice!
>>
>>31515
Bah! Stop mollycoddling the youngster. I did a Linux From Scratch on my Pentium back when they didn't have virtual machines. I had to reboot if I wanted to go back to Windows.

Now excuse me, I have to go comb the tangles out of my beard.
>>
>>31519
Pentium?

Luxury.

I had to install it on a 386, and network it with thinnet.
>>
use archbang for now to get acquainted with it. then git gud senpai
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.