[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crappy internet connection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Sometimes, my internet gets very slow, and i reach 1000ms of latency,

whenever i activate the wifi option on my router, everything goes to shit, i've disconnected everyone, changed the password, and used a mac filter so no one can connect, and even when nobody's connected, the internet gets really shitty when i activate the wifi

permanently deactivating wifi is not an option, since i live with other people and they use it daily

i've called the ISP and they sent a guy to check it out, the "expert" said he has no idea what's happening and that maybe its a problem with the modem and that he could change it, and offered me a very shitty one. so no deal

now, having called the ISP and having run tests myself, i can certainly say its something to do with the router, but i dont know how to fix it, help please?
>>
That might be many things. Have you tried factory resetting it?
If you can, try to test the connection with a different router. If the problem persists call your isp and inform them of the faulty connection. If not, just throw the bad one away and get a new one.
Or, if possible, try using two routers: one as a modem wired router and one as a dedicated wifi one. I can help with the setup
>>
>>29091
the only option i can do right now is factory resetting it, i have no other routers or modems, so i guess that's the way i'll go to, what does this factory reset imply?
>>
>>29104
It wipes all settings and adjustments you made, putting the router in a state like new from the factory.
You will need to configure everything again. By everything I mean EVERYTHING so if you are on DSL make sure you remember your login info and also any other essential things like forwarded ports etc.
>>
>>29104
Also post before and after results from speedof.me
>>
>>29110
that sounds like something i could really mess up
>>
>>29127
You can't really mess up anything you just hold the reset button and then configure the router again. What make and model is it? Just google it if you are not sure.
>>
>>29134
I'll give it a try, wish me luck, thanks a lot for the help
>>
>>29143
np, if you have any problems just post
good luck
>>
>>29071
What is the model number of the router?
What ISP do you use?
Are you renting the modem from your ISP or did you buy it?
Are you experiencing the high latency when you are using ethernet or wifi or both?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.