[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I watch next? Crossed out = already watched I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: What to watch.png (3MB, 1280x1892px) Image search: [Google]
What to watch.png
3MB, 1280x1892px
What should I watch next?
Crossed out = already watched
I'm thinking either GitS: Innocence or Jin-Rah, but I'm not sure what to waste my time with.
>>
File: Angel's Egg.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Angel's Egg.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>29043
Angel's Egg
>>
What kind of retard watches movies of shows?
>>
>>29043
Akira
>>
>>29043
Watch Paprika and Wolf children
>>
File: onepice8baronomatsuri.jpg (59KB, 290x333px) Image search: [Google]
onepice8baronomatsuri.jpg
59KB, 290x333px
>>29045
There are movies of shows that can easily stand on their own.
>>
>>29045
What kind of retard shuts himself off from great movies because they are attached to a show?
>>
If you're a fan of any kind of animation I'd say Akira is worth a watch...

I personally like Ghost in the Shell.
>>
>>29043
Guessing that you have already watch the Trigun TV series.
Try Trigun Badlands. 10/10 art.
>>
File: 1444275632947.gif (120KB, 497x372px) Image search: [Google]
1444275632947.gif
120KB, 497x372px
>backlog threads are no longer /a/
Nice.
>>
>>29043
who the fuck made this list?
If you're gonna watch Grisaia no Meikyuu make sure to watch Kajitsu before and Rakuen after.
Also, watch anohana.
>>
>>29066
>who the fuck made this list?
A guy I know is privately hosting a server with all the shit he torrented, there's a subcategory for series as well.
Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions guys.
>>
>>29043
well anon, you pretty much answered your own question. Jin roh will be done pretty fast however, but you cant go wrong with more gits
>>
Mars of Destruction is the only choice. Everything after that will be more enjoyable by comparison
>>
>>29092
The problem with Mars of Destruction as a bad anime is that it's too short. You don't really get the time to really hate it, and dread watching the next episode. It maintains its novelity all the way through. It's hard to hate something that ends in 20 minutes. It also has that really interesting ending that gives a great feeling of potential.
>>
>>29101
>>29092
this is why its the greatest. so much wrong, but ends with the crispness that doesnt kill your insides.
>>
>>29043
Angel's Egg is made by the director of Gits 10 years earlier and is easily his best work. I know this is subjective but I think everyone can agree that it does stand out in the medium an is definitely worth watching.

I hope you have seen the NGE series before watcheing End of Evangelion.

If you liked Princess Mononoke, check out Nausicaa. It was made by the people who later formed Ghibli the company behind Mononoke, Spirited Away all the known shit that gets nominated for Oscars. It also had the director of Evangelion working as an animator and he made a spectacular job.

The rest isn't as tightly related so you have to specify your preferences.
>>
>>29217
>Angel's Egg is made by the director of Gits 10 years earlier and is easily his best work. I know this is subjective but I think everyone can agree that it does stand out in the medium an is definitely worth watching.
Alright, that's after Paprica then.
>I hope you have seen the NGE series before watcheing End of Evangelion.
I have, wouldn't have gotten one damn thing otherwise, lel.
>If you liked Princess Mononoke, check out Nausicaa. It was made by the people who later formed Ghibli the company behind Mononoke, Spirited Away all the known shit that gets nominated for Oscars. It also had the director of Evangelion working as an animator and he made a spectacular job.
That's after Angel's Egg then
>The rest isn't as tightly related so you have to specify your preferences.
I like a fair deal of action (berserk) and/or mindfuck (Eva, Lain), I'm not really a fan of moe stuff and SOL anime in general. I suppose I like films that have an impact the most, this is true so far mostly for Evangelion
>>
>>29043
Sword of the Stranger is easily one of the best animated films I've seen. Highly recommended.

Also, if you are looking for something that gets pretty mindfuck-y, check out Paprika. Extremely interesting story with some really fantastic animation.
>>
>>29231
Don't start with Paprika, check out the director's films in order, First Perfect Blue then Millennium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers and Paprika. He made only four films but he once made a claim that each of the heroines in his films reflect his current mental stage. It's interesting how to see these changes developed, plus each film ties certain elements together. It's interesting how he utilizes them differenty in each film.
>>
File: Feherlofia.jpg (2MB, 2112x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Feherlofia.jpg
2MB, 2112x2560px
>>29231
As for mindfuck, those are basically my favorite kind since I really like surrealism. Here's the best you'll get:

Film:
Angel's Egg
Cat Soup
Franz Kafka's Country Doctor
Midori-ko
Mind Game
Sadness of Belladonna
Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer
Most Satoshi Kon films - which I mentioned here: >>29274

Series (most just have surreal elements):
FLCL
Haibane Renmei
Mawaru Penguindrum
Neon Genesis Evangelion - which you've seen
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Serial Experiments Lain

If you ever want to check out some western animation:
Yellow Submarine
The Maxx
Alice
Fantastic Planet
Tale of Tales
Crocodile Street
Fantasia (1st and 2nd piece)
Feherlofia
>>
File: shot0017_1.png (2MB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
shot0017_1.png
2MB, 1920x1040px
I'm a total sucker for eye candy and GitS Innocence has plenty of it. Some really beautiful stuff.

Plus the Major and Batou fighting together again when she downloads herself into the doll body - pure feels.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.