[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /wsr/, my pc hdd died and I need another product key. Any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: jrjrjrjrj.jpg (10KB, 263x191px) Image search: [Google]
jrjrjrjrj.jpg
10KB, 263x191px
Hey /wsr/, my pc hdd died and I need another product key. Any legit way to get one?
>>
>>28949
Pic related- even a windows 8 or 10 would be great. Possibly free or inexpensive
>>
>>28949
>kat.cr
>>
>>28949
If your PC came with windows 7, you don't need to pirate it.

Just install as normal, decline to enter a product key when prompted, and install the appropriate SLP certificate for your vendor and SLP key for your version.
>>
>>28949
If you are a college student you can get one from microsoft dreamspark. Just register with your school email or student ID.
But if your PC has the windows sticker on it just use the same key or do >>28957
>>
>>28957
point is, I really would like to avoid buying another hard disk so I was aiming at installing it on an unused 2009 unibody macbook. That's where the free product key would come in handy, if there is a way
>>
>>28960
Microsoft dreamspark?
>>28956
What is it?
>>
>>28961
Why would you do that, put some linux on it and forget about product keys. Or just take the disk from it and put it in the old pc
>>
>>28961
I would suggest that you might better enjoy a forum that doesn't have an equivalent to 4chan's Global Rule 1.

mydigitallife is a forum that discusses Microsoft products, such as Windows and Office.
>>
>>28963
https://www.dreamspark.com
it's their program for students and teachers so that they can propagate their products. You can basically get all the msft dev tools free from there.

kat.cr is a torrent site
>>
>>28965
I'm asking if there's a legit way to do it. Not a crack or anything like that.
>>28964
Living in a campus I don't have the tools and the time to go out and buy them. And I'd like to have windows 7, at that point I'll reinstall mac os x

That dreamspark thing was interesting though

I was looking at dreamspark
>>
>>28970
Last line was a scratch of the previous. Just forgot to delete it
>>
Alright so, I found something interesting on Dreamspar- windows embedded standard 7- can I use it as a normal OS?
>>
>>28974
Yes, it is the same as the normal version on the outside
>>
>>28978
No downsides?
>>
>>28979
None that I am aware of, been running it for two years without problems. And it also runs much lighter as most of the unnecessary crap is not present
>>
>>28981
Well then thank you. Downloading it right now
>>
>>28970
>I'm asking if there's a legit way to do it. Not a crack or anything like that.
Sure there is.

Microsoft just hands out product keys for free if you ask nicely. Give them a ring on 1-555-627638 and ask for Bill.
>>
>>28974
>>28979
>>28979
>No downsides?
Well, the only ways to get it are "be an OEM that ships tens of thousands of embedded devices and has negotiated a bespoke contract with Microsoft" or "pirate it", but other than that no.
>>
>>28997
u wot m9?
Microsoft gives it away for students and teachers in the DreamSpark program.
>>
>>28981
Unfortunately it cannot be installed on a macbook. Well, too bad. Anyone can give me any other tip?
>>
>>29209
What? Did you boot from the usb? In what way did it not work?
>>
>>29012
>DREAMSPARK DIRECT SUBSCRIPTION RIGHTS.
>c. Using Windows Desktop Operating Systems.
>Your DreamSpark Direct Subscription includes certain Windows operating system products. You may install these products only on a computer that is already licensed to run a full version of a Windows operating system on it, as evidenced by a valid Certificate of Authenticity (COA) for a Windows operating system affixed to the computer.

Macs, quite famously, don't come with Windows COAs
>>
>>29243
Well, OP it appears that pirating is your only way afterall.
But don't forget about linux *wink wink*
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.