[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a superhero that has a long history of really good comics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Justice_League_of_America.jpg (554KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Justice_League_of_America.jpg
554KB, 1280x1024px
What is a superhero that has a long history of really good comics?

For the most part, I find it really easy to be a Batman fan because you don't have to rely on one "era" or run to find really good comics. I've read various comics and graphic novels of other heroes, but I haven't been able to find one where people say "at any point in the past 20 years you can easily find good stories"

Some people have told me that Green Lantern has had a lot of really good stories but I've only read a handful.
>>
You will probably have more luck in /co/

Anyway, I was actually going to say Green Lantern. I want to say The Flash, but I haven't really began to read it yet.
>>
I frequent /co/, but this seems like the exact kind of thread they would tell me to go here for.
>>
I don't think you can say that the last 20 years of Batman have been all good and I'm sure fans of other character will make the same statement about their favorite character
It's matter of taste

>>28052
If you reword your post you can start a shitstorm back in /co/
>>
>>28024
>superhero
>long history of really good comics
sqrt(-1)

Every single imprint ruins their best characters. Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse... it doesn't matter. If a cape is popular with a niche of fans, and thus most likely great in some or all aspects, they then give it to some shitty, retarded but inexplicably popular writer to ruin. Just look at Cassandra Cain.

Though I guess there's always Deadpool, who sure, was at his strongest during v2 and Cable & Deadpool, but is still somehow bearable. I guess because v1 was so shitty, so it paid the price in advance. But his time is gonna come soon, specially with the fucking SJWs taking over. I mean, Squirrel Girl was Quesadilla's waifu, and look at what he allowed them to do with her - Deadpool isn't safe in Marvel.

Just read old comics instead, anon. Don't get on anything 2005+. There's some jewels, like Justice League Elite, Runaways v1 or Invincible, but they either get shitty later on when they give them to some hack writer, or they're just a miniseries that then gets its characters killed off in some mass event just because, like Justice League Elite and Major Disaster.
>>
>>28024
>you don't have to rely on one "era" or run to find really good comics
>at any point in the past 20 years you can easily find good stories
Contradicting yourself there. And Daredevil ha had consistent great runs since Frank Miller took over the title. The onyl really bad would be the diggle run i believe
>>
>>28161
>Though I guess there's always Deadpool
Way already fucked him over.
>>
>>28024
Daredevil (since 80's) and Thor (since 70's) in Marvel and Batman (starting with the Neal Adams/O'Neil duo) and Green Lantern (Emerald Twilight to the end of Geoff Johns run) in DC Comics.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.