[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was playing Call of Pripyat yesterday, and when i closed the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: line.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
line.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
I was playing Call of Pripyat yesterday, and when i closed the game, this green line popped up and hasn't gone away since. It shows up in the desktop, in-game, in the BIOS, and even when the monitor is the only thing turned on and not plugged into the computer. It's a Samsung SyncMaster SA550 23-inch, i've had it for a few years, and i assume it's dying.

I'd like to know if there's a chance it's not the monitor (got a new gtx 970 recently, was thinking it may be defective) and if there's a way to fix it or if i should be looking for a new one already. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
OP here. After pressing the post button, i opened the photo just to check the quality, and noticed there was only one line when i should be seeing two. The thing fucking vanished.
Thanks for being so fast, 4chan. You are wizards.

Seriously now, what could be causing this? I don't want it to come back.
>>
it's either the monitor or it's cables
try making sure the cables are fastened in tight enough and try different cables
if none of that works then the monitor is faulty
>>
>>27610
And it's back. I was just browsing the web, didnt change any settings. It's in exactly the same spot.

>>27618
Cable seems to be connected just fine, will try to get a different one to test, don't have any right now.
>>
>>27604
>happens when the only thing plugged in is the monitor
>is it something that's not the monitor?

OP, you did every step correct, but now you're trying to ignore the evidence because it's telling you something you don't like.
>>
The cables which are glued to the LCD panel are not properly connected any more or the display's driver chip is faulty
Basically, your monitor is trash and there's no easy way to fix it
>>
>>27661
Actually, it's the opposite. I'm very scared that my video card may be defective/i've overheated it without noticing/any other issue involving it arises.

>>27665
You seem quite knowledgeable about this, do you think it can "get worse" with time? Should i expect way worse graphic errors in a few weeks/days?

Also, since i'm fairly sure i won't be sending this one in for repairs, what's the cheapest 144hz monitor? (that won't shit itself in a month, of course)
>>
>>27604
it's the monitor

I'd recommend you to delete System32, and then hang yourself.
>>
probably cables plugging into the monitor itself, i have similar graphical glitches happen when mine is loose. fucking thing looks like a vaporwave album cover until i yank it out and reset it
>>
Have you tried smacking it? When all else fails, hitting it a bit might do the trick.

Hitting almost always gets everything in line.
>>
>>27680
>do you think it can "get worse" with time? Should i expect way worse graphic errors in a few weeks/days?
Additional lines might appear, yeah
But this is strange on a desktop monitor, the broken lines usually appear on bent laptop LCDs
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.