[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im on german craigslist and i have found an offer and wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

im on german craigslist and i have found an offer and wanted to ask /g/ if i should bother.
it is an Athlon 64 cpu on a AS-Rock K7VT4A+ motherboard in some shitty case with a floppy disk reader. On top of this there is a free shitty mouse and shitty keyboard. Together this all costs 6 euros is it worth it? Could i make a decent build with this and buying some other parts?
pic related
>>
>>26958
>this all costs 6 euros is it worth it?
Yes.
>Could i make a decent build with this and buying some other parts?
No.
>>
>>26965
>no
are the parts out dated heavily or?
>>
>>26967
There is literally no part in it that could be any use in a modern PC.

You can't even use the case, as it's missing a side panel.

Maybe you could use the screws, but they're not worth €6.
>>
>>26958
If it weren't for the missing side panel, I'd almost buy it just to gut it and use the case for a sleeper build. If you're feeling creative (and cheap...) you might even be able to make some use of the drives and power supply (not recommended), or just leave the system intact and use it as a lightweight Linux server or retrogaming box. Ultimately, there are likely much worse ways to spend 6 Euros, at least with this you'll potentially have a project box to screw around with and some semi-usable parts.
>>
>>27574
Sleeper builds are supposed to have a beige case
>>
>>26958
You could use it as a win98 or XP computer, but nothing more
>>
>>27675
It would defeat the purpose if you could see in.

Which you can, because the side panel is missing.
>>
>>27675
Maybe if you're going for a retro look, but in my mind a sleeper build is just supposed to look like some crappy PC a middle aged normie would use on the outside, and have performance parts on the inside.

>>27706
That's why I said it would be good for a sleeper build if it were NOT for the missing side panel.
>>
>>28201
That's what all PCs used to look like when I were a lad.

No-one could tell you had two voodoo2s and an overclocked k6-2 unless they knew why your PC had five VGA ports on the back.

inb4 granpa.
>>
>>28277
Sounds like you had a kickass rig back in '98. I'd actually like to own a dual V2 box myself someday just for the novelty factor. Maybe I could try what those crazy German modders did and run Doom 3 on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUVXAl0dgYY
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.