[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mum is an idiot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 1479485480659.png (228KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
1479485480659.png
228KB, 500x420px
Hey guys so basically my mum tipped tea on her laptop's keyboard and now every time a particular key is pressed another letter gets typed out with it and vice versa. These are the affected keys:

Q and A
B and G
` and S
] and the Enter Key.

I honestly have no idea how to deal with this issue. A couple of people on other forums suggested to keep the laptop aired out overnight but that hasn't helped at all.
>>
>>233212
That laptop has been shorted out. Short term you could get a keybord/mouse combo. But long term you should look at data recovery, and replaceing it.
>>
File: lenovo-laptop[1].jpg (40KB, 500x305px) Image search: [Google]
lenovo-laptop[1].jpg
40KB, 500x305px
>>233212
Google "<my mum's laptop> service manual".
Follow the steps for "remove keyboard".
Put the keyboard somewhere warm, like a laundry cupboard.

Once it's dry, put it back in. If it works, bonzer; if it doesn't, go get another keyboard off eBay, and use your new-found technical skills to put it in.

>>233212
>long term you should look at data recovery, and replaceing it.
heh.
>>
>>233234
Hey man, im just trying to help.

You got not idea where the liquid has got to. Which is why i suggested data recovery because you have the time to back it up before shit hits the fan it now.

But if your going to be this way, then i hope it catches in fire, and your mothers laptop becomes a fucken door stop.
>>
>>233212
It's possible that you changed the keyboard layout during the cleaning process.
>>
>>233244
Layout change does not make Q and A, B and G etc. get typed out together, go download more RAM for your brain.

OP either connect an USB keyboard or remove the keyboard (google it), wash it with warm water and soap to get the sugar out of the keyboard and let it dry for a few days to ensure it's good.
>>
>>233267
Emphasis on the "days".
Ready to put it back in? Leave it another 24 hours.

Water and electronics aren't that bad for each other; water, electronics and electricity are where the fun starts.

If you're in a hard water area, after you wash it you should probably give it a final rinse in deionised water (you can find some in a big supermarket for putting in your clothes iron).
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.