[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pc Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (74KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
74KB, 960x720px
Hey, I need someone who is tech savy. I have an old gaming rig which was built in 2011 it had a ASUS Radeon HD 6850 Which burned out about a year ago. Hadn''t used it since, but now I have decided to buy a new graphics card for it and I was wondering what I should get for it, It has a i5-2300 2.8ghz CPU, and 4Gb of RAM I might purchase more RAM aswell, Not sure about the MOBO or PSU could take some pictures if there will be anyone willing to help.
>>
Bamp
>>
What graphics card did u buy
>>
Haven't bought one yet, wanted to consult someone before i do
>>
>>232748
Sorry thought you said you bought one.
What gaming do you wanna do?
1080p/60?
>>
>>232753
Yeah, I would also like to do some streaming and I am not sure if I need to buy a new processor aswell
>>
File: 1060 ftw.png (25KB, 411x397px) Image search: [Google]
1060 ftw.png
25KB, 411x397px
>>232742
A generic 1060 will smoke your old card, and is entirely appropriate to your CPU. It's power requirements are in the same bracket, so it should just slot in.

Make sure you have a DVI/DisplayPort/HDMI monitor, though: current-gen cards don't have the DACs required to output VGA.

A 1070 wouldn't give much of an immediate benefit, but it'll stay relevant a bit longer, and will deliver better performance than a 1060 if you upgrade your processor.

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=451&gid2=3540&compare=AMD%20Radeon%20HD%206850-vs-Nvidia%20GeForce%20GTX%201060

> 4Gb of RAM I might purchase more RAM aswell
Definitely do: 4GB is not enough to do anything useful with anymore.
>>
>>232756
The gtx 1060/rx480 is the 1080p card right now.

How much is your budget for a cpu?

Get abother 4gb of ram,speed doesnt matter.
As for your psu get one that is bronze to gold certificate,
>>
>>232759

VGA PCIE16 GTX1060 3GB GDDR5/GTX 1060 3GT OC MSI

Would this one do?
Yeah i got Hdmi port
Could I just incase take a few pictures of MOBO and PSU and If you could check if its compatable I would greatly appreciate it, also was wondering about the ram what amount would you suggest with this particular CPU and GPU mentioned above? Thanks for all the help already :)
>>
>>232764
8gb is all you need for games now.
>>
>>232761
Around 300 Euros, So the DDR OR THE MHZ don't matter for the RAM? I don't really know what you mean by bronze or gold could you elaborate?
>>
File: gtx-1060-block-diagram[1].png (169KB, 702x868px) Image search: [Google]
gtx-1060-block-diagram[1].png
169KB, 702x868px
>>232764
The 3GB is a slightly cut-down version of the full-fat 1060: one of its ten SMs ("cores", if you will) is disabled, implying that there's an etching defect somewhere on the chip and only the fully-functional units have been enabled.

So extra RAM aside, you get about 9% more performance out of the full-fat 6GB 1060. It's well worth the few dollars more.
>>
>>232766
There's 5 levels:

80Plus
80Plus Bronze
80Plus Silver
80Plus Gold
80Plus Platinum

Obviously, Platinum rated supplies will be the most efficient of the bunch.

There is a nice table outlining the efficiency percentages required for each rating here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_PLUS

Get ddr4 ram
Anything else realy doesnt matter.

For cpu i would just get an i5 4690k
Its the one i have and its doing great
>>
>>232768
Any chance you could link the GPU and its specs your talking about cause the store im looking in has a lot of diffrent 6gbs at diffrent price points and Im a bit lost at to which is the best, thanks in advance :)
>>
>>232773
Not him but in all honesty a really good 1060 vs the worst 1060 would only be a difference of 1-2 fps.
Just get one with the most fans.
But check if your case will fit it
>>
>>232764
You won't need a new PSU or motherboard: the 1060 is the same size as the 6850, and has the same power connectors and power requirements (it's actually 10w less).

For a cheap and cheerful CPU upgrade, replace your Sandy Bridge i5 with an Ivy Bridge i5.

http://cgi.ebay.com/232165373502 is $75, and is clocked almost 40% higher than your processor, despite using less power. It uses the same socket, but check to see if your motherboard can run Ivy Bridge processors.
>>
>>232772
Thanks a lot :)
>>
File: taeyeosbbrgx[1].png (45KB, 580x401px) Image search: [Google]
taeyeosbbrgx[1].png
45KB, 580x401px
>>232773
All the 6GBs are pretty-much the same as each other, and all the 3GBs are pretty-much the same as each other, but the 3GB is 10% slower than the 6GB, because it has 9 enabled functional units instead of 10.

>>232774
Actually, the difference between the 3GB and the 6GB is 8-10%, as the core count would predict.
>>
>>232777
I was talking about 2 6gb just different models.
Soz for the confusion
>>
>>232772
>For cpu i would just get an i5 4690k
That would need a new motherboard, and if you're getting a new CPU, new motherboard, new GPU, new RAM and new PSU, you're essentially getting a new computer.
>>
>>232775
I have this mother board, http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3773#ov Not sure if its compatable, If I don't upgrade the GPU since I can't find the model somewhere aorund me and I am not willing to wait for ebay shiping-delivery times the best bet would be getting a 1060 and some extra RAM? I also noticed that on the mother board it says DDR3 near the RAM was wondering would it support DDR4?
>>
http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/thunder/thunder-600w/ Also this is my power supply, Everyone Thank you for your help and time, so I have decided I would get a 1060 6gb and some extra RAM not sure if 8 more or just 4 more, again thank you all this saved me a lot of time and searching you guys are the best :)
>>
DDR4 wont work with DDR3, if you upgrade to a mobo that supports DDR4 you'll also probably have to get a new cpu since I dont think there is socket 1155 with DDR4. Basically upgrade your GPU and maybe 4 more gb of Ram, if you are serious about streaming your entire rig probably could do with an update.
>>
>>232782
Gigabyte's website says it's compatible, just update the BIOS before you change the CPU. You can't change the CPU then update it after, because it needs the BIOS update to boot.

http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=3773

Any CPU on the list will work with your PSU and cooler, because you're already using a 95w CPU, and they don't make anything hotter.

>>232782
>it says DDR3 near the RAM was wondering would it support DDR4?
Your motherboard needs DDR3, and won't work with DDR4.
>>
>>232786
Thanks I think thats what Im going to do, I just trying it out for now If I find it fun and have any following I might consider upgrading the hole rig at that point, for now I will stick with upgrading my GPU and RAM :)
>>232788
>>232786
>>232779
>>232777
>>232775
>>232774
>>232772
>>232768
>>232765
>>232761
>>232759
>>232753
THANK YOU ALL, I LOVE ALL OF YOU
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.