[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime and Manga Recommendation General /amrg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 55

File: ctf.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ctf.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>never watched a chinese cartoon before
>just want something decent to watch
>how do you tell a story with a mango
Look at these before posting: imgur.com/a/3tUcq

>i watched X, want more like it
>i'm looking for something that features X themes
>i want something in X genre
Post your specific request in this thread, we'll answer. Put some effort into your post, vague requests wont get answered.

>where do i download stuff
nyaa.se
bakabt.me
intel.haruhichan.com if you can into XDCC
>should I download 1080p
Usually not unless the source material was produced in celluloid.

>what media player should i use
KCP, MPC-HC+CCCP or MPV. Google it.
>why is VLC bad
It's not bad, it's just not good either.
>what about manga readers
Honeyviewer.

>why is streaming bad
Shit quality.
>i value convenience over quality
because.moe

>what's airing this/next season
senpai.moe
anichart.net
>>
I haven't really watched any anime in about two years. What are some good/memorable recent shows that I should watch?
>>
>>21466
We're currently in the process of making a chart exactly for this. It's not complete, but here: >>21377
>>
>>21466

-Tonari no seki kun
-Mikakunin
-Space Dandy
-Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
-Nozaki kun
-Barakamon
-Amagi brilliant park
-Seha girls
-Gugure Kokkuri-san
-Shirobako

2015 (until Autumn)
-Junketsu no Maria
-Binan Koukou
-Yuri Kuma Arashi
-Rolling Girls
-Kyoukai no Rinne
-Houkago no Pleiades
-Hibike
-Kekkai Sensen
-Plastic Memories
-Wakaba Girl
-Rokka no Yuusha
-Akagami no Shirayukihime
-Classroom Crisis
>>
>>21462
>streaming always has bad quality
When will this meme die? Not all streaming is terrible. Most of it is, I'll admit that, but there are still some good sites.
>>
>>21478
Not saying it's always shit, just saying it's generally shit.
>>
>>21480
Agreed. I also see you've recommended other players besides VLC. Are they really that much better? I've been growing tired of the artifacting VLC is giving me lately and I'm looking for something better.
>>
>>21483
They absolutely are. VLC does the job because it's easy to use and it "just works", but it has significant compatibility issues and the quality is generally a bit lower.
Of the ones I put in the OP, KCP and MPV are the easiest to install, do consider giving one of those a go.
>>
File: template11.jpg (814KB, 2200x1900px) Image search: [Google]
template11.jpg
814KB, 2200x1900px
New thread, new chart update.
Added Haikyuu for sports love and Uchuu Kyoudai for more newfag friendliness

>>21466
I am creating a new chart for newer show. You might look at pic related for rec.

>>21456
First time I looked at that chart. That is a good idea.

Yeah, I mistook your suggestion. And my wording is really bad. I feel stupid when I reread that tier-ing again.

That said, Any suggestion on what 6 or 12 show for starter rec? I think I'll use an entire row for it.

>>21477
Now that you mention this, the chart is really lacking on 2015 titles. I think adding one or two title won't hurt.

>>21444
>>21447
I understand the concern of creating new secondaries, but it is a shame that a fine work of craft such as F/Z must be ignored to it.

Personally I'd go for adding it, but I am open to either option.
>>
>>21486
I'm thinking it would probably be the wisest to have some variety in the newfriend line, not just shove all battle stuff in there; that would just promote stereotypes. Different animation styles would probably be nice, too.
I'm thinking maybe Dandy, Nozaki-kun, Steins;Gate, OPM, Jojo and Ping Pong, not necessarily in that order. Better wait for the chart to be fully populated before deciding on this, though.
>>
>>21486
If you're still taking suggestions for stuff in the list, UN-GO is one of my great favorites of this past half decade, is generally remembered fondly on /a/, and it's easily digested by newfriends.
Only problem is its lack of popularity.
>>
>>21477
Oh yeah, also Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru.
I didn't watch it when it aired so I forgot to include it in the list.
>>
>>21486
I still can't figure out what Jojo is supposed to be.
Is it legitimately good, or a joke recommendation like Boku?
>>
>>21509
Nothing in that chart is a joke recommendation.
Jojo is legitimately considered a classic, as you'd immediately find out if you fucking bothered googling it. Retard.
>>
>>21486
Don't forget to change Uchuu Kyoudai's episode total.
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 1171x523px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 1171x523px
How do I into post proccesing?
I wanna be a high level weeb like onee-ch/a/n but it's so complicated
>>
>>21522
Read the OP, lazy.
It's also really not complicated at all.
>>
>>21523
>It's also really not complicated at all.
Show me your settings then
>>
>>21527
Don't ignore the first half of my post.
Install one of the things in the OP and settings don't matter much.
>>
File: template12.jpg (835KB, 2200x2150px) Image search: [Google]
template12.jpg
835KB, 2200x2150px
I changed the chart a bit to accomodate the proper tier format. I quite like how it ended up.

Now for option, what do you think:

>Option 1:
>>1 row for Tier 1 (Newfag friendly)
>>4 row for Tier 2 (Everything else)

>Option 2:
>>1 row for Tier 1 (Newfag friendly)
>>3 row for Tier 2 (Medium)
>>1 row for Tier 3 (Advanced?)

I gravitate more to the first option, but what do you think?

>>21493
>Dandy, Nozaki-kun, Steins;Gate, OPM, Jojo and Ping Pong
Swap Ping Pong for Haikyuu and you have my vote.

>>21499
How is Un-Go? I never watch it and all I know is that it is by the ConRevo team and ConRevo is fantastic so far.

>>21514
Fixed
>>
>>21533
>How is Un-Go?
Superb.
youtu.be/YWRjJRrfclY
>>
>>21530
>settings don't matter much.
Why install it then if none of the setting are activated? Go into ffdshow and take screen shot for me.
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 305x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 305x720px
>>21462
Reminder that this entire board is "recommendation general", and /a/ considers trendy /9gag/ style branding in the subject to be cancer.
>>
>>21539
You mean the /amrg/ thing? It just makes it easier to find in the catalog.
I fucking hate this board and its implementation as well, don't mistake my attempts at making it less shit for satisfaction on the attempted solution to the recommendation problem.
>>
>>21540
If you think there's a recommendation problem, perhaps you'd be better on a board that doesn't have the word "request" in its name?
>>
>>21543
I think recommendations on /a/ were a problem and this board is a terrible solution.
I made this thread and the previous one in hope of making the best our of this shitty fucking decision; better indulging in cynicism and shitting on someone's attempts at making things work.
Please, if you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything.
>>
I heard that Korean translations for Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 141 are out- where can I find them?
>>
>>21553
No.

You can't just trample on democracy by saying that people that disagree with you shouldn't be mean.

The only way to achieve a proper consensus is if people speak up.

You need to hear that there are people that don't agree with what you're doing, and want you to not do it.

Letting you know this isn't "cynical" or "unconstructive", it's a good-faith effort to stop you making the board hostile, confusing, impersonal and unwelcoming.

If that puts off and drives out people who find helping others a chore, then *good*.
>>
>>21560
A bit hard to help you with that because of the language thing, only suggestion I have is to try looking for the scanlator's actual website.
Maybe consider reading English translations if you can't find it.
Good luck.
>>
>>21563
I honestly cannot imagine how making a general to answer common questions just by reading the OP and helping localize recommendation requests in a single, more organized thread makes the board hostile, confusing, impersonal or unwelcoming.
I understand your intentions, like mine, might be to improve the board, but there's better ways of even attempting to convince someone than starting a conversation by insulting them. I'm not good enough a person to just look past that and take what you say for what it's worth.

If you'd be so kind as to actually explain why you think this thread harms the board I might actually understand your point and turn this shitflinging into a fruitful discussion.
>>
reposting from old thread
>>21401
>Psycho-pass is just meaningless suffering
I don't agree with you. I think the anime (the first season) is under-rated. It has good character development and is focused on the struggle between the two main characters (Shinya and Shougo) rather than the cases, which only pave a way for interaction between them. It also has one of the best endings in any of my seen anime and sets up great potential for season 2, which was wasted unfortunately.
>>
>>21571
>under-rated
I really don't mean to be rude, but you don't know what you're talking about. Psycho Pass was extremely popular and well received, a lot of people would actually argue it's overrated because of that.
Also, I hear the movie is a significantly better sequel than the actual sequel, not sure if that's out on digital media yet.
>>
>>21572
>Psycho Pass was extremely popular and well received
Maybe after release, but it seems that people have simply forgotten about it or chose to forget after the blunder that S2 was released. I haven't watched the movie yet, does it continue after S2 or S1?
>>
File: 1361508171645.gif (721KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1361508171645.gif
721KB, 720x720px
>>21574
Show aired in 2012-2013, it's surprisingly well remembered for its age. Unsure about the movie, haven't watched either, though I believe it's independent from S2's events.
>>
Fuck off with your generals you cancerous piece of shit. God fucking damn it kill yourself.
>>
>>21578

>>21553
>>21567
>>
>>21533
not to nag the work or anything, but why are 3/6 shows in tier 1 moeshit? Shouldn't diversity in genres be sought after here?
>>
>>21583
Current tiers are just a placeholder.
Please read the post you're replying to before hitting submit.
>>
Honestly, why restrict the timeline to 11-15?
>>
>>21590
Because there's already many many charts that cover a wide range of stuff, but they're all old.
The point of this chart is to do a blanket recommendation, like the older ones, but with recent material.
>>
>>21591
>but they're all old
so why not refresh them? You're leaving out a lot of great shows by only using recent material, which I see no point in doing other than to narrow down the field, and effectively reducing the number of good shows available.
>>
>>21592
The chart isn't meant to replace the older ones, it's meant to complement them.
"Refreshing" old charts takes an incredible amount of effort if you don't have the original file and are just editing a jpg or png.

Without the passive aggressive bullshit that usually comes with this statement, do consider making one of your own if you don't like it. I would actually really appreciate it.
>>
>>21580
The board is fucking for anime recs. If you want to make new charts to post that cover specific questions that get asked a lot then do so. There is no fucking need for a general.
>>
>>21567
Because by preemptively answering "common" questions, the exact questions this board is for, you're saying that they (and the people that ask them) are unwelcome.

By establising a large corpus of "before you do anything, read all this", you're setting up a barrier to entry any new visitor has to surmount, and a pretext to snipe at them if they miss, misunderstand, or ignore it.

There's already a place where you have to lurk moar before you can talk about anime, and that's /a/.
>>
>>21598
Calm down and try to forget that instinctive hate towards generals you've conditioned yourself to have, listen for a second.
The board is currently littered with anime request threads that rarely get answered and die silent deaths, it was even worse two days ago; those threads push others, with less generic and more valuable requests to deletion.
Your post still doesn't explain why generals are bad, and I really, really don't understand your point. Just stating something wont get anyone convinced.

I'll probably stop replying to these posts, it just pollutes the thread with shitposting. Sorry for doing this so far.
>>
>>21603
>>21603
>The board is currently littered with anime request threads that rarely get answered and die silent deaths, it was even worse two days ago;
Bullplop.

Case in point: https://4ch.be/wsr/thread/2985/

If OP had asked this in a general, it would never have been answered, because no-one would have read it after the next three posts pushed it above the fold.

Generals are bad because they conflate together loads of things that aren't related and shouldn't be together.

They're bad because they promote subcultures, with entry requirements, rituals, in-jokes, elitism, and self-appointed leaders: the exact thing a request board is supposed to not be about.

They're bad because they keep out people that might otherwise know the answer.

They're particularly bad on a request board, as they mark requests (*explicitly the purpose of the board*) as annoying things that need to be hidden in a containment thread.
>>
>>21603
Generals always go to shit. Always. If you hang out in the general all day everyday you will see the same question asked over and over and it'll turn posters bitter. Instead of getting personalized recs which is why they're here in the first place they'll get sent to "read the OP" They will create memes to pass the time and start arguments to keep the thread bumping so it doesn't 404 when no one wants a rec at the time.

In short stop what you're doing and let the board be in peace.
>>
>>21602
>>21610
Thank you for actually explaining yourselves and making a reasonable argument, but I've replied to these posts too many times to keep interest.
From this board's inception until a couple days ago I replied to each and every single recommendation thread I came across; I just got tired of replying to the same shit in the same way ad infinitum. Making this seemed like a better alternative than just quitting the board.

Listen, I already sage every single post I make in here; like I said last thread, if this general stalls into inactivity I really wont make any attempts at keeping it alive.
I wont reply to these anymore, it really just shits up the thread and drains me a lot, but thanks again for the good will and explanations.
>>
>>21485
Alright I'll give one of those a shot soon. It's not like they could be worse than VLC Also good idea on having general threads and making charts for them.
>>
>>21625
>From this board's inception until a couple days ago I replied to each and every single recommendation thread I came across; I just got tired of replying to the same shit in the same way ad infinitum.
That's okay. Stand down and pass the torch.

It's better that other people step up than people's questions get perfunctory answers from people that are fed-up and burned-out.
>>
>>21486
>>21533
Welp, didn't see that there was a new thread, so linking my comments here. To summarize: I'd put the title above image (reading direction, relevance etc.) and keep following the diagonal flow. And avoid word wrapping. See the image I uploaded.
>>21654
>>21656
>>
>>21533
Just drop the tier stuff. It will never ever ever not be met by shitposting.
>x not in tier y
>x above z
>smug faces
I still don't see the point. There's not a single show on there that couldn't be enjoyed by someone who has never heard of anime before.
>>
>>21672
The only problem with the tiers is you're calling them tiers.
Just note them as good for newfriends in some other way that can't even be perceived as inflammatory and it'll work just fine.
>>
File: 1437094906217.jpg (59KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
1437094906217.jpg
59KB, 620x349px
>>21404
>Maybe we should add GoPri to the list?

>>21486
>Added Haikyuu
I really wasn't expecting that, why is it so special? why Haikyuu and not Kuroko or Yowamushi Pedal?
Personally I would replace it with Shokugeki no soma, the most competitive shit I've seen in a while

>>21533
Isn't that tier stuff the same as the Pleb-Patrician we were trying to come up with?

>How is Un-Go?
I don't find it any better than Sakurako-san

>>21662
It does look surprisingly more clean, give it a try chartfag

Also please opinions about adding Symphogear
>>
>>21674
Stop fucking bumping this thread.
>>
>>21677
Hide the thread if you don't like it, faggot.
>>
>>21679
I don't want to not see it I want it dead.
>>
>>21685
>being this autistic
>>>/qa/
>>
File: guideline everywhere.png (464KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
guideline everywhere.png
464KB, 1366x768px
Happy new year, everyone.

>>21662
That looks really nice actually and flow really well. Will proceed to change the layout to reflect your suggestion.

Gotta get those commemorative screenshot of behind-the-scene before I hack it to oblivion.

>>21672
>>21673
Yeah, I think will stick with theone from the VN chart.

>Starter Recommendation
>More Reccomendation

>>21674
>I really wasn't expecting that, why is it so special?
To be honest I haven't watched any newer sports show, but I heard good think about Haikyuu, especially on the production side. So I throw it there for convo material.

Do you have better sports show rec to go to the chart? I think the chart should have one but I am not really sure which one should be in it.

>Also please opinions about adding Symphogear
Personally I'd go for it. Symphogear is a really fun show. But I also want to hear everyone else opinion on it before taking action on it.
>>
>>21674
>>21696
I'm very fond of Haikyuu, probably second to Ping Pong as sports shows from this period.
Not so big on Symphogear though, it's pretty fun and enjoyable, but I don't think it's particularly suitable for this kinda chart.
>>
>>21696
That's an old ass photoshop, is it CS2?
>>
>>21696
What are the tiers? Let's not try to put subjectivity into this, just keep it all in one list. You could add color coding for entry-level and ... non-entry-level? Is there a word for that?
A small legend at the top saying: Green frame = entry level (OPM, KlK), red frame = hard-to-get-into (Ping Pong, possibly others).

Glad you liked my design suggestion.
>>
File: 1442158193378.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1442158193378.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>21674
>Maybe we should add GoPri to the list?
Fuck! forgot to coment I would really love some Precure in there, but we got ot be fair, a show for little girls shouldn't be there, sure the effects and animation skyrocketed, but I don't think that's a motive to add it
>>21696
as I said, Shokugeki no Soma, I don't know if it's exactly sports, but sure it has that kind of feeling to it, you know, competitive ambient, rigurous mental training, very different and remarked cooking styles for each character, nice setting and story development. Quality wasnt bad too(except pic related, calm your tits already!)
>filename
I chuckled
>>21703
My main motive for geah is that maybe it doesn't exceed at quality, but it's fun at overwelming levels, cute girls going on exageratted fights... while singing godlike OST! How could anyone not love it? Every character is cool too and with neat designs. seiously it's been a while since I went in such a endorphin generating trip.
Maybe it doesn't have the better guionist or productors, but if we are going with "worthwhile anime" it does hit the spot imo
>>21677
Fuck you
>>
File: ore monogatari takeo yamato.png (542KB, 1036x581px) Image search: [Google]
ore monogatari takeo yamato.png
542KB, 1036x581px
>>21462
I was about to make my own thread but stumbled upon this thread instead, thanks for this.

I need a recommendation for an anime where the romance develops early, or the couple gets into a relationship early on or half-way into the series, then spends their time together for the rest of it.

Cases like [spoiler]Clannad[/spoiler] where they become a couple in Season 1's finale then continues in Season 2 also counts.

I'm fine with some drama so long as it generally has a happy ending.
>>
>>21733
Only Bakemonogatari comes to mind, and that's not even about the romance. Unfortunatly, early on romance is mostly limited to shoujo, josei and only occasionally seinen, and those don't get many anime adaptations.
If you're up for reading manga, the iyashikei chart on OP's album has a lot of this kind of romance, of those I'd personally recommend Bonnouji and Itoshi no Kana.
>>
>>21737
Damn, I was afraid that was the case. I don't particularly feel like reading manga at the moment either.

And I've seen the Monogataris so it's cool.
>>
File: 1441493696874.gif (990KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1441493696874.gif
990KB, 500x500px
>>21733
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! may fit your taste, also it's very fun and by the same studio than Clannad.
Also Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry comes to mind, but it leans more to the action parts than the romance, still a good series if you ask me.
>>
File: kaoru-tanamachi-amagami-ss.jpg (154KB, 700x587px) Image search: [Google]
kaoru-tanamachi-amagami-ss.jpg
154KB, 700x587px
>>21733
Amagami SS
>>
>>21744
Due to the format the MC only spends 4 eps with each girl before the series resets and the MCp picks another girl tho.

>>21733
Tasogare Otome kinda fits the bill.
>>
>>21743
I've been avoiding Chuu2 for some reason because I'm bittersweet about KyoAnus but I guess it's about time to give it a shot. I was going to eventually anyway. Thanks.

>>21744
I have seen Amagami SS and SS+, great shit.
This is the kind of shit I want to see too so your recommendation is good. Kaoru a best

>>21747
May not be what I'm looking for exactly but I like the premise, I'll give it a shot as well. Thank you.
>>
File: osaka.jpg (275KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
osaka.jpg
275KB, 800x600px
Guess I'll post in here too. I'm always looking for more stuff that I'd like.
Here's my mal: http://myanimelist.net/profile/LinusHjalsted

For quick reference:
>I loved these anime
Tatami Galaxy
Mushishi
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
Nichijou
Everything by Ghibli

>I greatly dislike these anime, even though you were probably gonna rec them to me
Aria
Hidamari Sketch

In general, I love comfy, but I value animation quality and visuals very highly. Currently watching Sketchbook and loving it.
>>
>>21794
>I greatly dislike these anime, even though you were probably gonna rec them to me
>Aria
>Hidamari Sketch
You must be some kind of horrible human being, please seriously consider killing yourself.
>>
>>21794
Try the iyashikei chart in the OP
It's all manga though.

As far as anime goes, most of Dogakobo's stuff seems like it would fit your taste, Nozaki-kun is probably my favorite of theirs.
Try the SoL classics like YuruYuri, GJ-bu and such if you haven't already.
>>
Is there a single person on 4chan who isn't a fucking /vg/ tourist who actually thinks generals are good and should be encouraged?
>>
>>21811
Yes.
>>
>>21811
the drawfag genreals are nice
>>
>>21811
Look at the two or three actual generals on /a/
How the fuck can you even think those make the board worse is beyond me.
>>
File: 1436747198816.jpg (261KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1436747198816.jpg
261KB, 1280x720px
>>21795
Aria has shit animation, shit pacing, shit writing, shit sound, shit voice acting, the ugliest design for a cat of all time. The setting and concept is great, but the execution is fucking horrifyingly unwatchable for me. I will defend any and all of these points to the death, but I will allow people to keep liking it if they want.

Hidamari Sketch suffered the Shaft treatment until death. I can appreciate that their style works in some instances, but when the anime is ABOUT FUCKING ART YOU DON'T MAKE ALL THE PROPS BE BAD RENDERS OF PHOTOGRAPHY. Fuck. And the animation is almost non-existant, way too many cuts all the time. And the sound direction is also kinda meh. tl;dr I prefer my comfy and iyashikei to be accompanied by pretty visuals and good calm animation and good soundtrack, not this mess of a collage that is Hidamari Sketch. Sketchbook is everything Hidamari Sketch SHOULD have been and more.

>>21796
Yeah, I mean to start reading more manga at some point, but I already have some backlogged. I prefer anime, as I've always loved animation from a technical standpoint. Haven't watched GJ-bu, will check out.
>>
>>21821
>"two or three"

- drawfags
- waifu drawfags
- monstergirls
- aidols
- jojo
- aot
- naruto
- opt AKA thinly-veilled rec thread
- 3x3 AKA thinly-veilled rec thread
- fate/blah*

And that's just from memory.

* and I guess an honorable mention for not liking the fish
>>
>>21847
I said actual generals, moron.
Learning japanese and buyfag generals, maybe /ai/ as well.
>>
>>21826
You dropped Aria after 7 episodes and dare to call it shit?
Fucking faggot, you just want to hate it.
>>
>>21847
Strike wtiches
love live
precure
/ak/
>>
>>21849
/ai/ is full of cool faggots
>>21811
I don't have anthing against generals either, I thnink it's a good way to let things be more tidy, if you don't like them just hide them
>>
>>21855
I don't mind generals for airing shows with actual discussion, what I can't stand are 24/7 generals and generals of shows of yesteryear with nothing but tripfag circlejerk and mindless image dump to keep them bumped.
>>
>>21852
>you just want to hate it.
No, trust me, I really want to love it. I want to watch it with the enjoyment everyone else seems to have. I don't like disliking stuff ever.
I am gonna finish it, exactly because I have hope that maybe I can like the later seasons.
>>
>>21872
I didn't love the first half of Aria the Animation either but by no means was it shit. After I picked it up again a few weeks later, it developed into one of my favourite shows.
>>
>>21876
To be fair Animation had a shoestring budget, that was corrected on the other 2 seasons tho.
>>
>>21860
You got a very good point, that being said I don't think this thread is part of that negative group, we are just making a new chart, wich I consider will be useful, and helping people with their recs, if you lurk you will notice that this later group took priority and everyone who asked seems to successfuly found something to watch.
Actually the only shitposting is people saiyng "generals are cancer".
>>
>>21883
Yeah I really like this thread and what we are accomplishing here, I just don't want this to turn into one of *those* generals
>>
>>21876
>>21877
That's good to hear at least.
>>
>>21794

Windy Tales, Kamichu, Uchouten Kazoku.
>>
File: image.jpg (244KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
244KB, 1280x720px
Help me out, sportsfags. I neglected the genre for a long time for no real reason but I want to watch some more now.

I really love Oofuri. I was very impressed by how dedicated it was to showing the technical and tactical aspects of the sport. I wasn't expecting something so in-depth. The slife of life scenes were very satisfying too.

I've also been watching Haikyuu and I think it's alright, though I'd prefer something a little less shouneny.

I liked Ping Pong too if that even counts.

Basically I want something on the more realistic side. Team sports are preferred for teamwork feels. Doesn't matter if it's old or new. Romance is not a bonus.
>>
>>21925
You should keep an eye out for Prince of Stride that's gonna start airing in 5 days.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/31559/Prince_of_Stride:_Alternative
>>
>>21885
Appreciated, those all look interesting. Gonna download and add to backlog.
>>
>>21939
meant for >>21892
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
>>21925
Chihayafuru.

>"It's a stupid, pointless game that only even played in Japan. But that means that if you're the best in Japan, you're the best in the entire world."
>>
>>21794
The inexplicable 9 for Lucky Star aside, you have good taste. Sketchbook is criminally underrated.

Try these:

Genshiken and Genshiken Nidaime
Hare nochi Guu
Star Driver
Fantastic Children
Natsu no Arashi
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru

The last two are Shaft shows, but a little different from what they usually do; your mention of YKK made me think of them.
>>
Interesting thread, maybe you can help me.

I want something:
>with a fleshed-out medieval fantasy world like Princess Mononoke

but without
>shounen aesthetic -- NO spiked goku hair
>excessive amounts of Japanese humor or fanservice
>anthropomorphic animal characters
>>
>>22013
Try Utawarerumono
>>
>>21925
yowaimushi pedal
>>
>>22013
Seirei no Moribito
Berserk
>>
>>22031
>>21946
>>21937
Thanks, m8s.
>>
File: prison school ep1 screencap.png (2MB, 1899x1044px) Image search: [Google]
prison school ep1 screencap.png
2MB, 1899x1044px
>>21462
I need femdom anime.
I've already seen
Have seen:
>Prison School
>Shomin Sample
>Mirai Nikki
>MM!
>Some of the Monogatari series
>>
>>21462
Recently got into seinen, I liked Black Lagoon.
Doesn't have to be action packed, just something nice in the genre.
>>
>>22081
does it need to be dubbed?
>>
File: icon.jpg (85KB, 400x282px) Image search: [Google]
icon.jpg
85KB, 400x282px
Compacted the info card.

>>21703
Now that I think about it more, Symphogear in a nutshell is Idol Jojo.

>>21714
That is CS5

>>21719
Yeah, I am in a stump in naming that doesn't involve subjectivity and derogatory. Hence that "Patrician" shit I pulled off before. Sounds really bad.

>>21722
>a show for little girls shouldn't be there
Yeah, there are OPM for mass-friendly sakuga show.

>Soma
Eh, that show give a really bad first impression and will turn off many viewer. And remember, first impression is important in roping in new fans.

---
We still have 4 or 5 (if you discount Haikyuu) slot for the chart. So suggest away.
>>
>>21478
Adding to this anon's reply, kissanime is very decent. I watch on a 60" TV and it's great quality.
>>
Happy new year from Argentina you faggots
>>
>>21583
>calling shirobako moeshit
females main characters doesn't mean moe faggot.
>>
>>22087
Of course not.
>>
>>22222
>>
File: GET.jpg (10KB, 236x285px) Image search: [Google]
GET.jpg
10KB, 236x285px
>>22222
>>
>>22222
>no picture
Not checked.
>>
>>21462
I really want something that is genuinely depressing, in more of a way than 'boo hoo a character died', but instead as 'life sucks, existence is meaningless' edgy depression BUT also manages to be funny a good amount of the time. The only other thing I can really think of is NHK ni Youkoso.
>>
recommend me some manga with cute/comfy romance please.
>>
>>22081
Jormungand is a great show and very similar to black lagoon.
In the wide range of seinen, Spice and Wolf is always very fondly remembered, watch that if you haven't already.

>>22104
Happy new year from Spain.

>>22222
Holy shit.

>>22238
There's literally a chart exactly for this in the OP.
Lazy bum.
>>
>>22253
>Lazy bum.
there is a chart for everything anon
what is even the point of a request board/genral if not to answer these types of questions

>>22238
kimi no todokai
>>
File: template13.jpg (858KB, 2200x2044px) Image search: [Google]
template13.jpg
858KB, 2200x2044px
It seems everyone is in holiday mode and haven't opened their computer. So I'll just leave this here and see this thread again tomorrow. Again feel free to drop your suggestion.

Happy new year and happy holiday.
>>
>>22329
I'm really not keen on the current starter recommendations.
I think Dandy, OPM and Steins;Gate should replace Hibike, HxH and probably AnoHana.
>>
>>21462
>even fucking /wsr/ is going into general cancer
Fucking hell, it really is all tumbling down

>>i value convenience over quality
>because.moe
Remove this as well, fucking tell these people to fuck off, not cater to stupidity
>>
>>22349
You're the cancer, get the fuck out.
>>
File: >general.png (20KB, 596x892px) Image search: [Google]
>general.png
20KB, 596x892px
>>22350
No, you are. Fuck off
>>
>>22329
>no F/Z
>no Death Parade
>no lesbo bears
>no Amagi
>no Cause I Feel S1
>>
>>22222
Neat.
>>
>>21849
>actual generals
Just because they don't call themselves general doesn't mean they aren't one.
If you keep opening threads about a topic for no other reason than circlejerking, shitposting, tripfagging, pseudo-roleplaying and image dumping, you're participating in a general.
>>
>>22350
Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
Recommend me some Cyberpunk

Already watched GitS 1+2, Psychopass, Mardock Scramble
>>
This is bullshit. Fuck this stupid ass board. I asked for some anime recommendations 10 hours ago, and yet not one response. /a/ was quicker telling me to leave and ask here than this board was to actually help me.

>>22053
>>
>>22376
Stop fucking posting in a retard general then. Why are you expecting anything from something at the literal bottom of posting quality?
>>
>>22376
see
>>21610
>>
I've been rationing myself, but I'm finally finished with Hidamari. Any other recommendations for god-tier SOL iyashikei?

Watched Gochuumon too.
>>
>>22391
Non Non Biyori is a modern classic.
GJ-bu doesn't feature iyashikei themes as much, but it's also fantastic.
>>
>>22329
I don't get the reasoning for the "starter" and "more" nonsense.

>>22391
K-On! is the best it gets. The classically recommended ones are Aria and Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, even though I personally found the former to be pretty lame.
>>
>>22457
Having a few picks that are easy to digest for newfriends can help them have a better time if they're not familiar with the medium.
Please avoid inflammatory comments, don't spark shitflinging contests.
>>
>Ones I liked
Gugure! Kokkuri-san
yuru yuri
watamote
shirokuma cafe
Girls und Panzer
psycho pass-yeah the second season sucks but its still "worth watching" imo
SKET Dance

>Didnt love but thought they were worth metioniong
Shingeki no Bahamut
parasyte
Jormungand

>Heard good things
Gundam Build Fighters
Barakamon
No Game No Life
silver spoons
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Tsuritama
Lupin the Third, The Woman Called Fujiko Mine
>>
>>22329
>>22500
>>
>>22500
>>Heard good things
>lists 7 things
why the fuck are you asking for recommendations.
>>
>>22648
I'm dumb and forgot the link the post its suggestions for chartfag not a rec list
>>
hello friends, I figured I could use your wisdom and advice
so far, I only watched Kill la Kill, I spent the entire fall semester watching it and I fell in love with it
finished it few days ago and I'm still feeling down because i am hoarderfag who clings to the past
anyways i am looking for something to watch during the spring
some guy recommended me to watch Evangelion after i'm finished with KlK, what do you guys think?
do you have any other suggestions?
>>
>>22717
Evangelion is a lot more depressing and nothing like Kill la Kill at all.
If you want something like Kill la Kill, try Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
>>
>>22717
if you liked KlK and haven't watched Gurren Lagann, you should get onto that. It's a similar style, but with mechas.
>>
Something like golden time? i already saw toradora and Nagi no asukara (didnt like it tho)
>>
>>22721
>>22722
thanks guys, i will check that out
>>
>>22357
>Fate/Zero
It's currently on discussion, some say no because it's not the right start of the nasuverse, others say yes because of obvious reasons.

>Death Parade
>>21342
>>21345
>>21374
It's a big NO m8

>no lesbo bears
Strongly agree

>Amagi
A guy told me this >>20255 and I think he's objectively right, I loved it but it's not good enough

>Psycho-Pass
>>21571
That guy think it's ok, but most of us don't, we can't just ignore season 2 and S1 it's not really that good either.

I would say
>no geah
>no Shokugeki
but seems I'm the only one who thinks that way
>>
>>22801
>lesbo bears
wasn't that yuri kuma something?
I still have the first two episodes loaded, is it even worth it? Looked pretty uguu.
>>
File: 1441290064950.png (803KB, 1100x489px) Image search: [Google]
1441290064950.png
803KB, 1100x489px
>>22803
AOTY if you ask me, don't watch it like the things happening in the show are literal because it applies great quantity of symbolism about the yamato nadeshiko thing and how lebianism works in japan.
>>
>>22805
so as someone who doesn't wear a kimono every day as practice, what chance do I have of getting it at all?
>>
>>22810
I'm a poorfag hikkikomori and got pretty well what was happening
I don't know if it will fit your tastes, but sure is worth a shot
have you watched Utena or Penguindrum?
If you haven't the you should in that order
Penguins->Bears->Utena
>>
Hello /amrg/, Im profiting of my extended holiday break to start on an epic quest to watch each and every ecchi comedy on earth.

Do you guys got anything to recommend besides classics like SYD and B Gata (which I both love btw) ? Is there any extensive list or chart somewhere ?
>>
>>22729
I don't know exactly what you are looking for, but if you want some fun Romcom check Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Ore Monogatari, Kimi ni Todoke and Amagami SS
>>
>>22825
Thank you anon i will
>>
So after watching Madoka and Steins;Gate, what are some other good time travel plots? Ideally some that loop back onto themselves in clever ways and make you want to rewatch older episodes for clues.

And in general, I enjoy stories that start grounded and keep growing up to a big finale, where you can look back and just admire how far you've come. FMA:B and Gurren Lagann come to mind.
I loathe stories that just drag on forever, like the usual Bleach/OnePiece shonen things.

Also, what's Claymore about? Looks pretty cool, but I don't want a plot synopsis, but also no spoilers.
>>
>>22375
Ninja Slayer
>>
>>22820
>every ecchi comedy on earth.
HOLY FUCK
That's a quarter of every anime adaptation, if I get it right you are looking Ecchi based comedy right?
Shimoneta, Prison School and Golden Boy are essential
Almost every harem anime comes to mind, but some who I would recomend are Noucome, Monmusu, Haganai, Date a Live and Ichigo 100%
>>
>>22375
/m/ chart but seems to be a few Cyberpunk titles worth checking
>>
I'd like something with action, but a lighthearted show, I don't know how to say it, something like Full metal Panic, something great, really entertaining, but that doesn't try to be deep
>>
>>22871
>something like Full metal Panic
Does it need to be /m/?
>Yes
Currently watching Kidou Senkan Nadesico and it's fucking great
>No
One-punch man, Symphogear, Samurai Champloo
>>
>>22879
thanks, I watched all of them beside Kidou Senkan, can you recommend something more recent? not necessarly mecha
>>
Please recommend me some anime in which the protagonist gets some sort of special power/ability/position/situation and loves/embraces it. It doesn't matter if it's a 'good' or 'bad' power-up.
>>
>>22897
evangelion
>>
>>22883
Ansatsu Kyoshitsu, Blood lad, Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, didn't watch Tiger & Bunny but it seems to be not that serious and very recomended
>>22897
Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai
I would also "embrace" that power
>>
>>22851
>1st line
You are literally describing Punch Line
>2nd
They get pretty far in HunterX
>3rd
Didn't watched Claymore but absolutely every thread about it ends up in "read the manga", I know it's great.
>>
File: template14.jpg (869KB, 2200x2044px) Image search: [Google]
template14.jpg
869KB, 2200x2044px
Added F/Z to decide its fate (pun not intended) sooner than later
Added YKA since there are quite a lot traction here
Removed Haikyuu since it is not finished yet

Speaking of Haikyuu, any decent replacement to replace it? I am thinking to replace it with YowaPeda or Chihayafuru.

I also tried to populate the genre tag since there are we are nearly populating the entire chart. I might be putting incomplete or even flat out wrong genre, so I'd love the assistance of you guys in this too.

Friendly reminder that Shounen/Shoujo/Seinen are demographics and not genre.

>>22336
I sorted every card alphabetically, and the starter rec turned somewhat okay.

My pick for the starter rec based on what is available

>Dandy
>OPM
>Nozaki-kun
>S;G
>Uchuu Kyoudai
>? (Should be Haikyuu, but I booted it out)

We should talk about this when the chart is fully populated, though.
>>
>>22959
Pengin and Kuma are also satires, and maybe even madoka, isn't it trying to ridicule the Mahou Shojo genre? I'm dumb so idk
Also I don't get the surreal tag, is it for the "Visually endearing" part of the series? Dandy, Uchoten, Kyousogiga, Madoka, Pengin, KLK, Kuma and Ping pong would fall in that category if that's the case.
>>
>>22959
I would honestly and legitemately add Inferno Cop. Say what you may, but it's unique and worthy of mention.
>>
>>23003
No one with half a brain would say no, but I don't think short series are welcomed, there's even a chart for that I think
>>
>>i read berserk, want more like it
already read vinland saga, vagabond, blood and steel, azumi, chang ge xing, spirit circle, historie

pls someone tell me I missed something, I just want to read
>>
>>23042
not really my fort, but what about Devilman and Bastard?
>>
>>23053
I'll give devilman a try but bastard I read already and found boring
>>
>>23042
Dorohedoro. If you want a lizard men infested manga with great as fuck Art and is also Seinen.
>>
>>23042
claymore is such an obvious rec that I'm sure you've already read it but forgot to list it
>>
>>23086
Seconding this, that manga is radical.
Although you might want to wait until it actually ends before you pick it up so you aren't waiting a year between fucking volumes.
>>
>>22998
>Pengin and Kuma are also satires, and maybe even madoka, isn't it trying to ridicule the Mahou Shojo genre? I'm dumb so idk
Satire is more like going full ham while saying "Look how ridiculous this is". Personally I would box Valvrave into one, and I am sure many will disagree with me.

Madoka is more of subversion, I think. God forbid to add a certain D word to it, as that term will generate needless arguments.

>Also I don't get the surreal tag, is it for the "Visually endearing" part of the series?
I mean on the "This show is full of symbolism" Ikuhara have a thing of. I am not really sure what genre that fit into.
>>
File: 1346854762392.jpg (799KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1346854762392.jpg
799KB, 1680x1050px
>>23133
>I mean on the "This show is full of symbolism" Ikuhara have a thing of.
Not exactly a genre, but that's called an allegory. Surrealism is a form of art that plays with the form of things, I don't know how to define it but pic related would be an example of surrealism in anime
>>
>Loves downloading moe shit.
>Hard drive dies with all queued anime of 2015.
>Fucking streams because of shit internet and school starting soon.
>>
I work a lot, but I have a lot of down time at work. Should I spend $7 a month on Crunchyroll or is Kissanime good enough?

I would need a good amount of series to watch on it to justify spending $7 a month. My favorites are:

>Hellsing Ultimate
>FMA: Brotherhood
>Code Geass
>TTGL

I know they're entry level but I don't care, I'm not an elitist.

TL:DR - Recommend me some anime for Crunchyoll
>>
File: 1441584959466.jpg (58KB, 712x480px) Image search: [Google]
1441584959466.jpg
58KB, 712x480px
>>23152
>school
>not erasing name
>shitposting on recomendation thread
go to bed Jimmy, mommy is going to scold you.
>>
>>23157
I probably should.

Back to the topic, Is Gundam Recognista good?
>>
>>23155
>I work a lot, but I have a lot of down time at work
what do you mean by downtime?
are you planing on watching anime at work anon
You know the company can see what sites you're going on
>>
>>23155
It's you money, you can do whatever the shit you want with it as long as you know what you are paying for, also I think a few titles of >>22959 are on CR, it's not finished yet but it's an starting point.
>>
This always gets flames on /a/, but does anyone know of any anime that depicts traps and transgirls in a realistic way and not just as fetish fuel?
>>
>>21462
what manga reader do i use on ipad?
>>
>>23166
wandering son
>>
>>23166
Didn't watched it yet but Hourou Musuko won a spot at >>22959 exactly for that motive.
>>
>>22959
Season one of Haikyuu is finished. If you're removing it because of that, why is hunter x hunter still on the list?
>>
>>23173
I some how didn't know that there was an anime adaptation of that, I'll check it out
>>23174
thanks, I'll look into it

also, completely unrelated, but how is the new version Lupin the 3rd?
>>
>>23175
I don't think that's the only motive anon, also HunterXHunter's anime is finished
>>
>>23177
>>23173
oh, and I've stayed away from the manga because I've heard it extremely depressing, is the same true of the anime?
>>
>>23166
manga
family compo
Prunus Girl

anime
princess jellyfish has some crossdressing
>>
>>23185
I've heard of princess jellyfish but in my experience I don't really like "otaku" oriented anime, regardless of gender, and I'm not sure if this is only in the manga or not, but I thought the crossdressing charecter was depicted as being an evil interloper that wanted to just get into the otaku woman's secret apartment club or something similar that plays into that stereotype

I'll check out the mangas though since I haven't heard of them before
>>
>>23181
I only finished half of it but from what ive seen so far and heard about it it I dont think it get would be Extremely depressing
also ive head people say the manga it beter so if you are only going to do one ore the other you might wand to read it
>>
>>23196
it's just I don't want to get myself more depressed than I already am, but maybe people exaggerate about the manga, I don't know.
>>
>I don't want to get myself more depressed than I already am
/a/ in a nutshell
>>
>>23202
what a lazy attempt at a troll
>>
File: index.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
Is there a best torrent client to use?
I wanted to torrent something off baka bt and it wont let me use utorrent
also Ive heard utorrent isn't that good so I thought this might be a good opportunity to get something else
>>
>>23233
jeebus christ, go ask that on /t/ or something, this thread is not about torrents
[spoiler] I prefer qbittorent personally though, utorrent is bloated adware garbage at this point. [/spoiler]
>>
>>23233
utorrent has been shit for over half a decade
deluge is my favourite for windows
>>
>>23146
>Allegory
Sounds good. I think I'll add that to the Ikuhara titles and maybe Madoka.

>>23181
I forgot the details, but the are quite a lot of drama. I think it is handled pretty well,

>>23233
Use the best version of uTorrent (2.2.1) and never update. uTorrent after that version is piece of shit that needs to die already.
>>
>>23233
qbitorrent, don't listen to the idiots telling you to use ancient versions of utorrent
>>
>>23237
>>23241
>>23249
>>23251
Thaks anons I decided to go with qbittorrent
Just tossing out an idea but should we add what torrent to use to the op?
We have what media player and where to download seem like it would make sense to add what torrent client to use.
>>
File: 1450167223467.jpg (1MB, 1400x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1450167223467.jpg
1MB, 1400x1700px
I am a sucker for the history of things I enjoy.
Nothing greater than finding influences for my favorite works.

Plenty of things I enjoy lead back to Hokuto no Ken.
I do know that HnK takes from Mad Max and Bruce Lee.

What anime influenced HnK?
>>
>>23155
You would like kill la kill
also just download your anime anon
>>
>>23258
I don't think this thread is the right place for asking that but practically every shounen after it from what I know
>>
>>23274
>What anime influenced HnK?
Im asking for stuff that came BEFORE that influenced HnK.
>>
Please, is fairytail good?I watched season 1 and really liked it, but everyone tells me it was shit
>>
>>23512
It's straight up shit to anyone who has actually read more than a few manga, otherwise you'll probably like it despite how horrible it uses common shounen tropes. Fairy Tail Zero was shit tons better as it didn't over stay its welcome and I'd suggest reading Rave Master, the authors previous work, first
>>
>>23512
Kinda entertaining, but it's just too repetitive and dumb if you are past 13, they only care for "the power of friendship" and you become tired of that quickly, just fuck already, Hiiro should just axe it and do a spin-off hentai series, it's the only way to save it.
>>
>>21466
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is probably the best anime ever created next to K-On
>>
File: 1451608361332.png (53KB, 476x435px) Image search: [Google]
1451608361332.png
53KB, 476x435px
what exactly IS wrong with VLC?
>>
File: uxfSSCK.gif (932KB, 450x353px) Image search: [Google]
uxfSSCK.gif
932KB, 450x353px
>>23844
I remember it doing stuff like this to me on several occasions. If a video player can't play video's without any glitches ever, why even use it?
>>
>>23844
It's clunky, has weird playback issues, has a hard time with certain formats. MPC is lightweight and simple.
>>
>board barely exists for 2 weeks and it has generals already
Fuck modern 4chan.
>>
>>23899
generals are a way of consolidating threads.
I seriously don't see how this is a problem.
Would you rather "what anime should I watch" literally every thread?
Which it pretty much is...
>>
would I be missing anything watching the Yamato remake instead of the original?
>>
>>23917
Generals are a way of creating and breeding cancer and shitposting.

>Would you rather "what anime should I watch" literally every thread?
Yes.
>>
>>23941
you are pretty much all the cancer I see in this thread
>>
/r/ing anything similar to Clannad that can make me [spoiler]cry.[/spoiler]

I watched Angel Beats! and although it was a good anime, I just didn't get any feels from it.
>>
>>23979
Try Anohana.
>>
>>23166
I think you could try Yubisaki Milk Tea. Maybe.
>>
>>21462
I've never watched Gundam before, the only /m/ animes I've seen are Big O and Neon genesis. What else should I look into? There are like 50 gundams and 50 gundam variants so if I can get specific names that'd be neat.

I prefer dubbed to subbed but that's hardly a deal breaker
>>
>>21486
Don't know how valuable my opinion is but I've been watching Parasyte on adult swim and it's pretty good
>>
>>23941
that really only goes for /v/, /a/, and /r9k/, other boards it's just a way to contain a broad topic without there being a million threads about it.
>>
>>23899
>>23941
not all boards are /v/ hun
>>
>>24037
>/thread
>>
>>24026
Watch Mobile Suit Gundam. It's the first one that aired (and second in chronological order after MS IGLOO, which can be safely watched later).

It is referenced in every other Gundam series, as well as a shit ton of other mecha series: it's a classic.

It can get boring midway through when Amuro acts like a little bitch, but it's worth it to power through.

If it's too long for you, you may watch the three Mobile Suit Gundam movies instead, they are a summary of the same story.
>>
>>24061
Okay, I'll look into it.
I also am looking at suggestions for any other /m/ animes that are out there
>>
File: 1451722430341.png (588KB, 690x804px) Image search: [Google]
1451722430341.png
588KB, 690x804px
Chartfag here, we haven't make much progress yesterday. Lets complete this thing today. We are almost there.

It doesn't help that my neighborhood is on power outage all day yesterday. Thanks power company.

>>24062
Try Giant Robo and Gunbuster -> Diebuster
>>
>>24062
Also there is /m/ anime chart here. Go check it out
>>19158
>>
File: 1441921287374.jpg (3MB, 2800x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1441921287374.jpg
3MB, 2800x3000px
>>24026
I've had this image a while but I've never used it.
>>
I enjoyed Elfen Lied and Angel Beats and am enjoying what I have seen of Mirai Nikki so far. I just started to get into anime and I'm trying to get something less entry-level.
>>
File: wank.webm (699KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
wank.webm
699KB, 800x450px
Could someone please just tell me where this is from?
>>
>>24091
Tamako Market
Healing slice-of-life
>>
>>22376
watch highschool dxd or something idk
>>
>>24088
we are helping this guy
>>24068
>>22959
to make a chart for that purpose, not yet completed but you might try a few of those, even the "entry level" ones are quite superior to your average animu imo
>>
>>24068
we are at the last 3, I think this is actually the hardest partbecause it doesn't seem to be that many destacable shows at this point, just the good/enjoyable ones
Should we make a poll or something and post it on /a/? I'm eager to do that because I know how the outcome will turn,
>Rolling girls
>Cross ange
>Symphogear(although I would like this one >>21722 )
but on the other hand how many anons are actively participating on the chart? Feels like we are 4 or 5, we can't call that a "concensus"
>>
I see I missed a reply

>>23175
Well, for one the season two is still ongoing. The thing here is that Haikyuu might explode on remaining episode, though I doubt that considering the very healthy production schedule. It never hurt to exercise caution.

>>24113
>but on the other hand how many anons are actively participating on the chart? Feels like we are 4 or 5, we can't call that a "concensus"
What is bugging my mind these few days. I've been contemplating a discussion post on /a/.

Hell, I'll just do that and hoped that it won't be shitposted to death. /a/ is actually pretty decent when the shitpost is minimized.

I got something to do now, I'll post the thread on /a/ in an hour
>>
>>24121
*contemplating to post a
>>
File: 1442611363883.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1442611363883.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>24121
>be me
>be drunk
>28 hours without sleep
>"I'll post the thread on /a/ in an hour"

I'll stick with it if I don't pass out first, thanks for going with the advice, try not to give up to the overwhelming suggestions, I'm dubious about Uchuu Kyoudai Uchoten and F/Z(in case of emergency) but everything else should stay imo.
>>
Thread created, lets hope for the best
>>>/a/135600930
>>
What are some more shows like Hyouka?
>comfy
>slow-paced
>small cast

Also, are the official subs for Madoka Magica any good? I happen to have the blu-ray boxset lying around and I haven't watched it yet.
>>
Was recommended Higurashi When They Cry earlier. Just finished the second volume. I about crapped my pants. Thanks to whoever suggested it.
>>
>>23917
>generals are a way of consolidating threads.
No they fucking don't. The only thing they do is create stupidity and circlejerking. It's easy to know you've only been here for 3 fucking years when you are in support of generals. It's shittons better for the board to be hoarded by 'should i do x' then everything be condensed into generals and the board just becoming a fucking lite-forum. Fucking lurk moar, I hope the mods finally fulfill their promise and purge these fucking things

Refer to >>22352
[spoiler]Thanks quick reply for fucking my post up[/spoiler]
>>
>>24068
>Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
seems we got a solid choice already:
also it's impressive how the YuriKuma votes are divided. I sincerely think the people who vote "no" didn't get it at all
>>
>>21462
>>19945
thank you those who replied to this thread. i didn't get to reply before thread closed. i'm currently looking into shakugan no shana
>>
File: 1445810438621.gif (811KB, 480x271px) Image search: [Google]
1445810438621.gif
811KB, 480x271px
>>24152
you here faggot? /a/'s thread is kill, literally full of shitposters, let's end the genre and decide what to do with the "starter anime" already, I'm about to lose conciousnes
>>
File: 1439271667321.jpg (247KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1439271667321.jpg
247KB, 1200x1200px
>>24233
Just take a rest dude. I'll humor them for a while.
>>
File: doro1.jpg (35KB, 400x557px) Image search: [Google]
doro1.jpg
35KB, 400x557px
>>23086
>Dorohedoro.
I came here to post that.
I dunno how to quite describe it.
And older Harry Potter by way of Quentin Tarantino?
> If you want a lizard men infested manga with great as fuck Art and is also Seinen.
Eeeeeh. I dunno. The artwork is kinda amateurish at times, but the unique story and effort in the artwork makes up for it.
>>
File: 1443044730120.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1443044730120.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>24239
welp, any idea now chartfag-kun?
>>
File: draft4.jpg (702KB, 2200x2050px) Image search: [Google]
draft4.jpg
702KB, 2200x2050px
>>24269
Since mods is the one who pruned it I consider that a lock and move on to the next stage. Here is the last draft on that thread.

I'll just take a break now and leave the computer. You should take a rest as well.
>>
>OP trying so hard to force his general he goes all over the board reminding people it exists
How about you just open /r/animerecs you fucking cocksucker?
>>
This board DOES NOT need this stupid "general" cancer. Fuck off.
>>
File: 1445227433733.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445227433733.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>24280
will do, good thing the chart is showing some progress, be back on a few hours
>>
Out of the following list of animes that I've been recommended, what should I watch next?

>Evangelion (+End of Evangelion, skip rebuilds until much later), Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Jormungand, Uppotte, Berserker, Ghost in the Shell (first 2 films and SAC), Death Note, Code Geass, Kill La Kill, Steins;Gate, Full Metal Alchemist (reboot: Brotherhood), Madoka Magica, Blood-C

I've seen Eva, Cowboy Bebop, GitS + SAC, and just finished Code Geass tonight.

I really liked Eva, Bebop, and Geass. GitS was just okay.
>>
>>24286
this board is nothing but newfag cancer I dont see why having a general would make it any worse
>>
>>24318
How is this board newfag cancer when /r/ has been around for years?

The only difference between here and /r/ is that this is a blue board.
>>
>>24318
>x is cancer LETS MAKES IT WORSE
Fuck off

The board is full of newfags because it's still new. It'll cooldown with time and become no different to /r/, except, blue. However, it will probably get more replies. Putting generals here will only cause the board to actually fucking go to shit. Fuck off with your general cancer. You aren't helping anything, only making everything worse. There is no need to condense shit, that's not the way image boards are meant to run, you have shit spread out across the entire board. I'd rather the entire board be different people asking questions almost similar with each thread being filled with different people, as such, different conversation instead of the entire board being filled with generals that are no different to each other and are always the same
>>
What are the best subs available for the original YuGiOh, not the toei one, series?
>>
>>24311
Don't watch Evangelion and Gurren Lagan until you have seen a bunch of mecha shows.
Don't watch Kill la Kill until you have watched some shonen and TTGL.
Don't watch Madoka until you have seen a bunch of Mahou Shoujo shows.
These shows are parodies and deconstructions: not knowing the original material will greatly reduce your enjoyment.

In the list, I'd say go for Fullmetal Alchemist and Death Note.

Out of the list, watch Bakano and Katanagatari.
>>
>>22100
Same, watched K-On! On my curved meme tv yesterday and it looked great. I only ever buy the Blu Rays of shows that I really enjoyed.
>>
>>22858
Seconded for Haganai.
Hate haremshit but legitimately enjoyed it.

[spoiler]Be my friend![/spoiler]
>>
File: 1441205861365.jpg (2MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
1441205861365.jpg
2MB, 2800x3402px
>>24085
That's an outdated image anon.
>>
>>24493
Could I watch IBO without watching any of the rest? If you had to recommend one timeline, what would it be? I've been wanting to try and get started on Gundam for a while now.
>>
>>24500
You can watch IBO without watching the rest.
I'd recommend the UC timeline but most people can't stomach animation from 1979. I know SEED is generally liked by people that haven't seen the original, even if I think it's shit.
You could try starting off on some of the more generally liked OVAs but you won't get all of the references, I wouldn't recommend it but some people have done that and came out just fine.
>>
>>24503
I think I might start out with IBO and watch UC after I catch up with that. I don't mind the dated animation as long as the story is there. I don't really like skipping around either so I just might have to dedicate a few weekends to it.
>>
>>24510
Not him but I think that's a good course of action. IBO's both a good show and a good way to get into Gundam. And 0079 definitely has one of the best stories in Gundam. I highly recommend watching the series rather than the compilation movies, by the way. They just cut down the stories too much.
>>
>>24363
>The board is full of newfags because it's still new
The board is full of newfags because it's an entire board created for lazy cunts to avoid lurking or googling. Out of all the dumb unnecessary boards Hiro's been making, /wsr/ is the dumbest and least necessary. It's outright HARMFUL, encouraging this disgusting spoonfeeding culture and enabling memeshitters to avoid lurking.
>>
I don't know if this is the right thread but I just want a new manga to read any recommendations? It can be in Japanese too.
>>
>>24516
Open a new thread and ask there. Don't support this general cancer.
>>
Any good Japanese cartoon that has excellent fight scenes in the past 2 seasons?
>>
>>24551
>in the past two seasons
That's a pretty short fucking timeline.
But OPM had ok fight scenes, and symphogear s3, while being the weakest season had a fun parts in the first few episodes.
Also the opening to Rokka had a stand out fight scene that probably took all of the budget, but it turns into a mystery anime, which some people were turned off on.
>>
>>24514
If you don't like it, go ahead and leave, and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

I'm glad this board is here. I can help people like I've always wanted to, and its existence pisses off idiots like you.
>>
>>24554
Yeah, I just stopped recently due to academics, I've watched OPM and Rokka no Yuusha.

Symphogurls are the ones that sing to retain their form right?
>>
>>24557
Yes. The first season is the best, after that it steadily got worse and worse. The first few episodes of S3 were pretty good though.
>>
>>24556
>and its existence pisses off idiots like you.
You mean the existence of people who don't want the site to be swarmed by newfags and to go to shit? You mean the existence of users who are literally the only reason this site hasn't completely degraded and be no different to every other site on the site? I like to help people myself, but you are a fucking idiot. Newfaggotry and spoonfeeding is disgusting and shouldn't be encouraged or catered to
>>
>>24516
read the guid on the OP, there's a pic full of good manga
>>
>>24474
I'll watch Death Note, and added those other two to the list. Thanks for your help anon.
>>
>>24179
I'm sorry your experiences with generals are worse than mine. I know the sort of circlejerking you're talking about, and I still often go and check what number Katawa Shoujo is on because it fucking astounds me, but that doesn't mean they HAVE to be that way.
Take the generals on /ic/, /agdg/, and other boards BESIDES /v/ and /vg/. They actually get shit done. True there is off topic posting, but there is still a general feeling of getting shit done.
The problem with this board is that it's an amalgamation of all the worst shits from /b/, /a/, /v/, and etc. All the fucking people who can't figure out how to google. And I don't want to have to, EVERY SINGLE "what should I read/watch" thread, have to post the EXACT same shit, while taking out the things they've said they already watched. A general is faster.
(Though I doubt the kind of people this board is cater towards, since it obviously is a containment board, would even bother checking the general, it still has the possibility of helping.)
>>
Should I watch Lupin 3rd Parts 1-3 or just skip to Castle of Cagliostro?
>>
I get the logic behind being agains generals but tell me you faggot how the fuck a /r/ general could be a bad thing, there will always be new people asking for /r/s and there will always be different topics, acept that /wsr/ is a thing, you claim that we, the people who are filling /r/'s are attention whores, but look at you guys do >>24660
>no pic
>greentext
>aporting nothing to the thread
isn't that the exact definition of shitpost attentionwhoring? I bet this faggot is happy with having a "(you)" just keep your shit to yourself bunch of faggots, there isn't anything bad with generals on request boards, the closest to "attentionwhoring" we got here is that chartfag, that I consider is doing a cool thing because we didn't got a single decent /a/ chart in years, this general doesn't attract newfags, this entire board does, if you are butthurt ask ch00k to delete it, this general doesn't attract shitpost except for those who are against it for no reason, this general doesn't have a single namefag or tripfag who could be considered an attention whore, this general has room for improvement but it isn't bad, come to terms with it and please don't reply, stop your circlejerk.
>>
>>24155
>comfy
>slow-paced
>small cast
You are literally describing Non Non Biyori, regarding the Madoka, I don't think they are bad, maybe unofficial ones are better but I don't think you will notice much difference
>>
File: 1447375679275.webm (1MB, 1162x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447375679275.webm
1MB, 1162x720px
Help me, /a/. I know a handful of you play both fields.
>>/24699/
>>
>>24757
How embarrassing >>24699
>>
It's my 3x3 /wsr/
The last of anime which I was watching were all SZS, Planetes, mostly all of /a/ recommended shows.
I'm looking for something with similar sense of humor as SZS, Jinrui or something which would suit my 3x3
>inb4 shit
I had also great time with S&W, SnW.
I wouldn't mind something with romance if it don't have generic characters like tsundere which are shit
>>
>>24767
your 3x3 makes absolutely no sense, but here are some things that it made me think of: NHK, Monster, Ergo Proxy, Dennou Coil, Haibane Ranmei.
>>
Any recommended /m/echa manga?
>>
>>24783
>ctrl+f /m/
>>24071
>>
>>24785
That's for anime, not manga. I remember /m/ had a chart for manga but I lost the image.
>>
File: 1309737933091.jpg (781KB, 1900x1115px) Image search: [Google]
1309737933091.jpg
781KB, 1900x1115px
>>24785
>>24788
nvm I found it
>>
>>24777
>NHK, Monster, Ergo Proxy, Dennou Coil, Haibane Ranmei
I saw all of them. Now it's hard for me to find new one.
>3x3 makes no sense
6/9 have 2deep4you kind of plot
3/9 have romance which is not shit
2/9 have motive of travelling
1/9 It's SZS, Jinrui kind of humor
I just couldn't decide on one type of anime.
How about anime with sense of humor like SZS, Jinrui?
Also thanks in advance if you still have time for helping me.
>>
I need some sad, romantical anime with some action in, sorta like some Future Diary, mixed with some Clannad, mixed with some Metropolis. Please help! I sound picky as fuck but I neeeeeeeeeeed it!
>>
>>24805
Kaiba
>>
>>24805
I remember op mentioned that we can always be free to chose who we reply to
>I sound picky as fuck but I neeeeeeeeeeed it!
I choose not to
>>
>>24805
katanagatari
>>
>>24822
>>24825
I'm gonna look into these two. Thank you both.
>>
>>24824
"I'm going to take the time to respond to say that I'm not going to respond."

This is a classic example of a shitpost.
>>
>>24801
what you are asking for is some neatly pure Satire anime like SZS Jinrui and NHK, wich the industry doens't have much, or at least I hadn't come across much of it, what comes to mind are Katte ni Naizou, Dai Mahou touge, maybe Cromartie.
also
>3x3 makes no sense
>6/9 have 2deep4you kind of plot
that's why, PA is shit, but well, just my humble opininon.

>>24828
>shitposting to shitpost
just ignore faggot
>>
>>24835
I gonna check these two because I saw Cromartie as well.
Thank you for help
If other Anon have some idea I would be grateful
>>
File: Sans titre.png (208KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre.png
208KB, 2048x1152px
I just want something as good as neon genesis evangelion, it can be any theme or genre, but I want it as good and somewhat serious (tought provoking )
>>
>>24860
Tatami Galaxy
GitS 2
Serial Experiments Lain
>>
>>24860
Berserk tv anime has its moments
>>
>>24280
Reminder
https://desustorage.org/a/thread/135600930/#135606750
https://desustorage.org/a/thread/135600930/#135606802

Also I think someone already asked this but is Oregairu that good?
>>
I love Nisekoi and those kinds of animes where we watch people doing normal things, but I always overshipp one couple and think how good it could be if they fall in love.
Can you recommend me slice of life animes where a couple gets into a relationship?
>>
>>24881
Chuunibyou
Sakura Trick
>>
>>24925
TWO SEASONS FOR A KISS.
>>
>>24881
toradora
ore monogatari
>>
>>24939
Then watch Sakura Trick.
>>
>>24753
>how the fuck a /r/ general could be a bad thing,
Because you are fucking condensing everything. You aren't meant to condense shit on a fucking image board. On top of that, this is a /r/equest. The /r/equests are supposed to come naturally and flood the board, that's how its supposed to work. Someone makes a thread for something, people go in and answer it, someone with a similar questions asks in the thread and gets answered. Not fucking making half the board dedicated generals to a singular topic. If you want that, use a fucking forum. You aren't helping anything, only causing the destruction of the board. What happens when a board becomes generals? It loses creativity and becomes nothing but a surge of the same shit over and over again. You might dislike the flood, but atleast it will always be different. Your genreals will not. They will always be the same. The same questions, the same answers, the same people and the same shitposting. They will at the end of the day be you, about 10 other people answering, 20 people who live off this general for spoonfeeding and once every two days a new person asking a question. Chances are that new person will get scared off for not being apart of the general as well.

If you don't want to constantly give out the same answers, maybe you should stop answering stupid questions that could be answered by typing 2 words into google? If you think your resources are so god damn useful, maybe you should fucking petetion for the mods to add them to the sticky instead of fucking making a general. You aren't fucking helping anything. You are trying to create a environment that goes against the environment the site is meant to have because you are fucking scared of it and don't like it. Go to a forum if you want a lite-forum. I hope the native extension and catalog gets removed
>>
>>25073
Why does this piss you off so much goddamn
If you don't like it you don't use it
>>
>>25073
>tl;dr
I think modern 4chan is too much for you m8, get a job and don't come again
>>
File: 1447944768417.png (70KB, 500x241px) Image search: [Google]
1447944768417.png
70KB, 500x241px
I just finished welcome to the NHK, and I really enjoyed it. It's one of my favorite animes along with serial experiments lain.
Anyone know what other animes I should watch?
>>
>>25086
>Lain
Gits, Ergo Proxy
>NHK
SZS, and maybe Genshiken
>>
>>25081
>>25083
Nice newfag replies

>Why does this piss you off so much goddamn
Pushing something under the rug doesn't change the fact its under the rug
>>
>>25073
This. Threads don't have to be massive and go to bump limit to be good and give you answers.
>>
Wat anime is good?
>>
>>25125
boku no piko
but seriously what are you looking for?
>>
>>25125
Go make a new thread if you want a answer that isn't copy paste
>>
>Honeyviewer

Is it really the best? First time hearing about it.
>>
>>24753
>he closest to "attentionwhoring" we got here is that chartfag, that I consider is doing a cool thing because we didn't got a single decent /a/ chart in years,
Charts are made by retards for retards. They were originally done as a way to decrease newfaggotry and recfags, it didn't do nothing. If anything, it only makes more of them because they still don't know how to feed themselves and rely on stupid charts
>>
>>25125
>Post your specific request in this thread, we'll answer. Put some effort into your post, vague requests wont get answered.
>>
>>25147
And here starts the generalfaggotry
>>
>>25142
>because they still don't know how to feed themselves and rely on stupid charts
How is that different from them relying on spoonfeeding from this board
by that logic doesn't this entire board engorge newfaggotry?
>>
>>25164
It won't encourage newfaggotry if you don't answer stupid questions, anon. There is more to a /r/equest board then 'SPOONFEED ME' 'REC ME' 'TECH HELP ME'. In actual fact, I used it for one of its actual uses when it was created. Someone did a render for me because I fucking suck at it
>>
File: 1442683132958.jpg (99KB, 680x682px) Image search: [Google]
1442683132958.jpg
99KB, 680x682px
>>25152
so you were here all day long arging against generals without helping anyone, and everytime you see something that triggers you, shitpost about it, and spect a (you) in compensation?
and here I thought I had a shitty life
>>
File: time for dinner.png (382KB, 550x813px) Image search: [Google]
time for dinner.png
382KB, 550x813px
>>25179
That's a nice post full of hot assumption opinions anon. Too bad for you, I've probably helped more people on this board than you probably have

Also, learn to type like a fucking real person, fuck. No wonder you are in support of these threads, you are a newfag yourself
>>
>>25184
>I helped more than you so I have right to decide what thread is helpful or not
sure
>>
File: The Crasher!.png (3MB, 10000x10000px) Image search: [Google]
The Crasher!.png
3MB, 10000x10000px
>>25196
Well, you see anon. Generals aren't the only way to have serious discussion and the like. But I'm sure you wouldn't believe me there. I wouldn't be trying to get rid of the stupid general if I didn't use the board to help people. But, again, I doubt you are capable of processing that someone against generals are helpful nice people
>>
>Generals aren't the only way to have serious discussion and the like.
where the fuck was it implyed that this is a discussion general? such a douchebag, you don't even know why you are complaining at this point.
>>
>>25222
Well you see, here is a big fucking problem. A /r/equest board is for discussion just as much as helping people. If your shitty general core part isn't about discussion, then there is even less reason for it to not fucking exist, you fucking stupid generalnigger
>>
File: 1439671779592.png (374KB, 972x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1439671779592.png
374KB, 972x1350px
>>25225
>>1
new thread soon, I hope you come to manifest your incoherent rage again
>>
>>25250
I think you are the one who lacks awareness, anon
>>
File: chart final.png (3MB, 2200x2050px) Image search: [Google]
chart final.png
3MB, 2200x2050px
Just got free time.

I don't feel like updating the chart again, since there is no way winning everyone.

So here is the final version of the chart. Feel free to post it anywhere else and reap your karma/like/RT/whatever.
>>
>>25487
You misspelled mystery on Mawaru.
>>
>>25487
Swap Uchuu Kyoudai for Oregairu
>>
>>23237
Learn how to spoilertag before you talk shit autist.
>>
>>25692
Spoiler tags don't work on this board fyi
>>
what are some comedy/slice of life and/or romance manga

reading horimiya right now, and it's nice
caught up with d-frag
>>
>>25728
kimi no todoke
ore monogatari
World god only knows
>>
Is Funimation really as bad as I've been reading about? I understand that streams generally have lower quality, but for a casual viewer is it good enough? I usually put anime on in the background while I work, anyway.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.