[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PSX games to play and not sleep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: pobrane.jpg (6KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
pobrane.jpg
6KB, 280x180px
Played parasite eves(both), dino crisis(both), and its boring crap, sleeping level ultimate.

I'm looking not-rpg games of Fear Effect 1/2, Abe's odyssee/exodus like quality. Or at least gameplay shouldn't be boring. Any suggestions anons?
>>
that submarine game by the metal slug guys
>>
>>3679361
>Fear Effect 1/2
>quality

I thought these games were hot garbage when I played them as a kid
certainly below the first PE and Dino Crisis
>>
Continuation:
Games i liked:
MGS(duh), Syphon filter, Fear Effect, Abes odysse/exodus, Medievil, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the dragoon1-2

Average/nice:
Resident evils, Countdown Vampires, Croc, Gex, Spyro 3, Lucky Luke, Silent Hill, Space Police

Shit/meh:
Parasite Eve, Dino Crisis, Tomb Raider 3, KKND, Crow:City of Angels

Can't dish out 40 h of gameplay into another JRPG, so they are not included here. Any help anons? Would jump to PS2 but too weak of PC to emulate.
>>
>>3679373
You can stroll PE and Dino Crisis without dying once, and they are supposed to be scary. Just did that last week. with Parasite Eve. Today i completed Dino Crisis and it involved running around the corridors dodging velociraptors and pterodactyls for 4 hours, didn't even have to shoot them.

Fear Effect not so much. Good cinematics, challenging stuff.
>>
>>3679361
>Played parasite eves(both), dino crisis(both), and its boring crap

Shit taste
>>
>>3679391
>>3679382
>>
>>3679382
and yet you liked MGS?
that game is piss easy

anyway, Idk try Soul Reaver
>>
>>3679405
MGS let me decide on difficulty factor(up to extreme). Not so easy with hard mode on, i don't think its comparable with running zig zags to deceive pterodactyls.

Yes, Soul Reaver is something i should try. Any others?
>>
>>3679423
kurushi, tenchu, GTA, Heart Of Darkness, Alundra
>>
What about Tomb Raider series, Tenchu, Soul Reaver, Nightmare Creatures, Resident Evil series (you probably won't like RE1 so skip it), skullmonkeys
>>
>>3679423
>Any others?
Tai Fu wrath of the tiger and Akuji the heartless are also pretty good.
>>
>>3679434
>>3679437
Thank you, all played, even kurushi and alundra. Skullmonkeys and heart of darkness is top tier.

>What about Tomb Raider
Nothing. It's pretty much boring, no music and nonexistant combat, waiting forever for save to load when you die. At least 3 was like that,
>Nightmare creatures
1 was average-ok, 2 crappy
>Resident evil
Yeah I played them ofcourse. OK games, fighting Nemesis with handgun only was fun but overall pretty meh.

It seems I finished the action games library and should move on to moar RPGs. Are there any shorter RPGs out there, more intense like chrono trigger and less grinding than Dragon Quest?
>>
>>3679451
Akuji the heartless was so bad that it went on as a familly meme for a few good years. "Ugabuga akuji" and punched shit out of my bro. True story.
>>
>>3679458
vagrant story
it should take you about 20 hours to finish
>>
>>3679468
Thank you anon, 20 hours is very acceptable. But this one I have played already. Valkyrie profile also from this level of gameplay. Something along the lines?

Most jRPG went undegistable with old age, I cannot grind like in the old days becouse work familly etc. Something like chrono trigger, final fantasy 7 would be nice, but something like when i have to fihgt over and over again same enemies using two buttons meh. I want more "expierience" in the game and less "loops" that i have already in real life.
>>
>>3679476
Idk, try the saga frontier games
>>
>>3679476
VP has aged like milk
>>
>>3679506
Still caught my attention as saddest game on PSX, and that is something. Even emo dudes in final fantasy and koudelka cant compare.
>>
>>3679465
Well it's actually consider to be one of PS1's underrated gems, can't say much about your family meme.
>>
>>3679361
Alundra

It's a pretty challenging game. Kinda like classic Zelda, except it has an actual difficulty curb, and is good
>>
You can always just replay Crash Bandicoot Warped
It's still fun on the 20'th playthrough
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.