[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Craigslist Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 20

Post you're areas offerings. Good, bad, odd, resellers.
Found this one tonight...I just don't know if I'll really like the MS that much...
>>
File: package deal.png (440KB, 1003x605px) Image search: [Google]
package deal.png
440KB, 1003x605px
>>2964537
>spend 500
>save 20
>wowitsfuckingnothing.jpeg

Theres a 1500 dollar PS4 with PT installed, and a 2000 dollar Limited Edition PS1 colour scheme PS4.

Vancouver Craigslist is a fucking joke.
>>
He doesn't have any up right now but there's a retro shop owner who frequently posts ads in my area and he's always got straight up wrong information about whatever new shit he has in his store

>we have the original final fantasy for NES: one of the last games released for the console
>turbografx 16: a rare console released in Canada but never in the US
>ET for Atari 2600: millions of copies were recalled and buried, only a few hundred remain
>$35 for final fantasy
>$400 for the tg16 with and no turbo CD
>fucking $200 for an ET cart with half the label ripped off

I do wonder how he's stayed open for so long
>>
>>2965091
The very definition of reseller scum. Knows fuck all about what he's selling and doesn't do any research, but at the same time has no shame about asking $200 for common shit that he probably can't even test.
>>
>>2964551

When the fuck has Earthbound gone over $120?
>>
>>2964537
$300 for a mint console in box really instead that crazy.
>>2964551
Ya there's 2 pages of the PS1 edition PS4 on ebay. All those asshole want like $1500+ too.
>>
>>2965593
When all the youtube celebrities started circlejerking over the game en masse
>>
>>2965623
Earthbound was expensive long before YouTube and let's plays got big. I remember back in 2003 earthbound was a sought-after game. Granted it was only 50-60 bucks then, but for an snes game at the time that was pretty damn expensive.
>>
>>2966542
My friend bought it (cart only) for $60 in 2010. The price didn't start really exploding until the past few years.

No "reeee hipsters and e-celebs are ruining retro gaming" implications, just adding another data point is all.
>>
>>2964551
Harvest moon CIB is like $400 max for a good condition one. $300 for just the cart is a rip off.
>>
>>2964551
vancouver is full of retarded stoned hippies that have no fucking clue how economics work, are you surprised?
>>
>>2966659
>>2966656
No.

I've seen some potential deals fly by. Some dude sold 2 vectrex' for like 150 bucks, and some guy clearly bought it and is reselling one for 350.

There was steel battalion for 50 bucks in december too.

I completely abandonned craigslist posting and every time I search I only find shit that's more and more retarded.

The -only- thing I'm considering is trading my copy of Sunset Riders for a dudes Rule of Rose so I can resell the Rule of Rose and rebuy Sunset Riders and make some profit because this guy's too retarded to do it himself.

Vancouver sucks. I should just move back up to Dawson Creek with my bro
>>
>>2966662
Hey man the rent is like too high in vancouver man, the government should like help us out man.

Fuck I just hate vancouver yuppie faggots so fucking much
>>
>>2966675
>tfw my only real friends are slowly turning into these people
>tfw I'm going to be all alone

Who will I play Metal Gear Solid Risk and video games with now?
>>
>>2966686
move back with your bro. I know there probably arent as many ladies in dawson creek but who wants a shitty vancouver girl anyway. They got like SJW rainbow hair and shitty fucking septum piercings and the most cliche/cringe tattoos you can think of.
>>
>>2966708
I browse the dating sites here and it makes me cringe. It's like tumblr actually got personified.

>"Your matches"
>"I'm a pansexual polyamourous BBQ and if you can't deal with it just move along"
>>
>>2965593
Undertale has drawn a lot of attention to it. E-celebs apparently reference it when praising Undertale.

I expect Earthbound to be north of $400 by this time next year.
>>
>>2966728
It's only natural for ugly losers and special snowflakes to use dating sites. Hot people don't actually use dating sites for obvious reasons.
>>
If anybody is still in this thread, let me tell you a story.

>See this shit on Craigslist
>"You know what, fuck it, I've been wanting a Dreamcast for lord knows how long, its 2016, plus I can just burn every game I want so it will practically pay itself off"
>Reply to it 2 days ago, asking if he still has it and if he does, we could get it as soon as tomorrow. Also ask if he has the wires and memory card
>He replies with a "Yes I still have.
Yes I have all the cords and a memory card for it."
>"Alright, this is fucking great" I think to myself, oh what a fool I was
>Give him the house phone number and told everyone about the DC deal so keep an eye open because I have a fucked sleep schedule, like sleeping at 9AM fucked
>Even though he apparently called six goddamn times, absolutely nobody in the house heard it, when I tried to call him back, the number wasn't avaliable
>Email him back, asking what the fuck is going on
>"umm .... i never called? i been at work all day"
>Didn't even give me so much as a goddamn phone number to reply to
If I don't get a straight answer by the time my family wakes up, I'm just going to tell him to shove his Dreamcast up his ass. The little patience I have for Craigslist idiots is very quickly running out with this jackoff.

I should have never listened to my Dad when he told me to check Craigslist for my birthday for a console I've been wanting. I tried telling him that Craigslist is full of fucking retards that you'll get absolutely nowhere with and you're better off buying games even on some shithole like Amazon because you'll at least get a reply.

"Oh but I've gotten good deals on guitars and cars on there"

He really doesn't understand that game collecting is a whole new layer of hell in collecting, in car collecting, you have zero competition for at least what he wants to do (Buys piece of shit cars, fixes them up and sells them), Meanwhile game collecting is game collecting

Fuck Craigslist.
>>
>>2967610
>be neet
>spend my time watching twitch streams until 9AM then sleep so my family forgets I exist
>Fucked up sleep schedule causes direct conflicts with doing anything myself
>Disappointed Dad wants me to be happy but will never admit I'm a loser
>He tells me to pick something for my birthday so we can all forget what a disappointment I am
>Find a dream cast
>Say my dad can drive me to go get it whenever
>guy never responds
>give him OUR home phone number for some fucking retarded reason
>rely totally on my family to do my deals for me
>IF THIS GUY DOESNT RESPOND IM GONNA TELL HIM TO GO FUCK HIMSELF

Bro, fuck off. Seriously. This is one of the whiniest posts I've ever fucking seen. Literally you did nothing but email a dude and sleep and you're losing your shit.

Its one thing to agree to meet a guy and him flake out when you're there. Its another to email a dude and him to not fucking respond to it.
>>
Anybody willing to travel 5 hours and be a middleman for me?

Found a CRT in Chicago that's worth every penny and I'm willing to pay for time + gas.
>>
>>2967610
haha
>>
>>2969148
I live close to chicago
>>
>>2967610
>this current year in time
>not having a cellphone
>not just arranging a time and place via email to meet an make the sale
>asleep at 9 am
Sounds like your fault.
>>
File: gensis.jpg (80KB, 681x792px) Image search: [Google]
gensis.jpg
80KB, 681x792px
good gensis deal desu
in case anyone in colorado wants to scoop this up
http://boulder.craigslist.org/ele/5416078883.html
>>
>>2969148
Must be a hell of a deal if you're willing to pay someone for a 10 hour round trip.
>>
File: n64.jpg (127KB, 1584x775px) Image search: [Google]
n64.jpg
127KB, 1584x775px
that original super mario
>>
>>2969203
>some chiraq fag wouldn't just snap up the sale
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1242x2208px
Not that bad considering I got my N64 for $40 and only one controller last year.
>>
>>2969198
>not HIGH RESOLUTION GRAPHICS

into the trash it goes
>>
>>2969210
A typical "I don't know nuthin' about videogames but the fat bearded men on TV told me them's Nintando's worth money" brand of seller (or reseller).
>>
>>2969164
Cool. Lady over in Chicago is selling a Trinitron PVM for 75$.

Text me if interested. If you want yourself, I'll just give you the deets.
>>
>>2967610

No cellphone? Strange.

Should have just arranged a time and place to meet up - don't make it hard. Looks like the listing is still there, so I imagine you could still pick it up if you want.
>>
File: suchdrama.png (315KB, 987x766px) Image search: [Google]
suchdrama.png
315KB, 987x766px
Gets me every time
>>
>>2969423
I think judging by the pics and location (Denver) it's probably a college kid/younger person who thought it would be totally sick to get original mario again from the retro game store but then got bored and didn't buy any games for because it's not CoD (and looks and feels like shit on da widescreen HD LCD)
>>
File: sega games 1.jpg (178KB, 1714x822px) Image search: [Google]
sega games 1.jpg
178KB, 1714x822px
>3 copies of collumns
>>
File: sega games 2.jpg (59KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
sega games 2.jpg
59KB, 600x450px
>>2970736
There was a 4th collumns up top i missed.

cant tell if this dude just had the worst taste in vidya or is a reseller trying to offload crap.
>>
File: sega games 3.jpg (49KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
sega games 3.jpg
49KB, 600x450px
>>2970739
>>
>Post you're areas offerings.

There are none.
>>
>>2970739
>cant tell if this dude just had the worst taste in vidya or is a reseller trying to offload crap.
It's pretty obviously the latter.
>>
File: area 51.jpg (75KB, 750x957px) Image search: [Google]
area 51.jpg
75KB, 750x957px
based area 51
>>
File: mvc.jpg (144KB, 1691x942px) Image search: [Google]
mvc.jpg
144KB, 1691x942px
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 and SNK Vs. Capcom 2 for $150 each
>>
>>2967610
>"Oh but I've gotten good deals on guitars and cars on there"
your dad sounds cooler than you desu
>>
got a couple relatively cheap BVMs, but this is a fave
>>
I wish I had the picture on this machine, but there was a great post someone made in the Toronto NES listings, basically telling people charging over 100 dollars for just a console should fuck off. It was amazing, and in retrospect, I really wish I emailed him telling him to keep fighting the good fight.

>>2964551
>>2966659
Canada in general sucks for retro shit.

You know how many fucking retro stores have popped up in Toronto? They all have their fingers in every little garage sale too. I'm stunned they haven't burned themselves out yet. One day the price of these things is just gonna plummet because not enough people will care anymore.

Canada's one saving grace is it's numerous rural communities. The less populated a place is, the cheaper older tech is. None of them seem to care either.

I was at a firehouse fundraiser years and years ago, and there was a Sega Genesis there. You set your own price, so I went up to one of the volunteers and said "Hey, can I buy this for 30 maplebucks?". And he said to me "Uh, how about for 5?".
Might have been because I was a gangly teen at the time, but I managed to talk him up to 20 bucks. It was for charity after all.

Still, as nice as that experience was, I imagine the rural communities will be dried in the next decade as people drive out to these sorts of things. Take advantage of it while you can weedbros.
>>
File: NO.png (191KB, 978x522px) Image search: [Google]
NO.png
191KB, 978x522px
he has been posting this ad for almost a year now
>>
File: 1451722376927.jpg (75KB, 719x662px) Image search: [Google]
1451722376927.jpg
75KB, 719x662px
>>2970861
well he is right, thats fucking insane
>>
>>2969289
I got an N64, atomic purple controller in great condition, power cord and video cable for a whopping $2 at a garage sale this last summer.
>>
>>2970938
Nah, theres a fucking scalper in my brothers town.

Literally trolls the tiny craigslist, the town buy and sell, and the shitty thrift store for games. Charges eBay prices.

I don't know how these people do it. The craigslist for my bros town is so fucking small.
>>
>>2970938
>my fucking face when some faggot shop in Edmonton wanted 1200 maplesyrup bucks for boxed Earthbound
I shit ye not
>>
File: image_3.jpg (12KB, 375x305px) Image search: [Google]
image_3.jpg
12KB, 375x305px
>>2972027
>Know store is selling Super Mario 64 for 80 bucks
>Call them up and see how much in store credit they'll give me for that game
>"We can do 8 dollars I think"
>Mfw

>>2971619
Yeah scalpers are shit. Honestly your best bet is going to personal garage sales, like the ones that are advertised via tiny signs on streetposts. Big community event ones used to be awesome like 10 years ago, but now fuckers are driving in from the city to those.

I know that even back then his stuff was rare to find at carbootin (or however it's spelled) sales, buts it's even worse now.
>>
>>2971619
Also what town is it? Or at least, what province?
>>
Bump?
>>
>>2965593
>>2965623
it's been well over $120 for some time, welcome to 20 years later

http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/6910
since at least 2012, average sell/ask has been over 120

has nothing to do with undermeme, people just like the game and not very many were made/sold. people who do buy it/own it generally dont sell it

>>2970026
this happens all the time thanks to butthurt poorfag losers like a lot of the people in this thread. there's no law or god-given right that grants you the ability to buy OOP 20 year old games for $10.

>>2970786
this is cheap as fuck, I'd pick those up in a flash if I lived anywhere near there
>>
File: 1.jpg (69KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
69KB, 700x525px
went to this estate sale...got to the place at like 5 in the morning i was #17 in line... dude was waiting there since 10 pm the night before. Apparently they were charging premium prices though so its good thing i just went home
>>
>>2973875
Northern BC, peace region. It's near Dawson Creek.
>>
>>2976387
I agree, 150 is cheap as fuck, but at the same time it's a giant cab. A standard sized cab is hard enough to accomodate in a home, let alone one of those monster cabs.
>>
>>2970861
All of my ire
>>
>>2977387
you could probably just strip the cabs and give them away/trash them.

then, get a supergun or buy a smaller big blue and use the boards in that, still worth doing at that price
>>
>>2977387
>>2976387
Yeah it's crazy, that was my post. I live near there but am in a tiny apartment. I figure someone on here would get more mileage out of it than me anyway.

>>2977378
Estate sales often suck because they are usually run through a company that charge too much for everything. That said, a friend of mine had his Xbox sold by one these companies for $50 (when it was current gen) even though it was hooked up to the tv and not marked for sale.
>>
>>2970748
>using zip ties for controllers
>>
>>2969289
Charge your phone
>>
File: ss+(2016-02-07+at+05.29.53).png (439KB, 1036x611px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-07+at+05.29.53).png
439KB, 1036x611px
Browsing around and just found this, the guy can't be serious can he?
>>
>>2970026
>cling-on
kek
>>
>>2967610
Holy shit this reeks of underage. You're the one who's been "looking for a SNES for 11 years" aren't you?
>>
File: rippedoff.png (208KB, 1487x517px) Image search: [Google]
rippedoff.png
208KB, 1487x517px
Just found this one browsing around.

If anyone cares, the games are:
Super Mario World
Bubsy
Mario Kart
Donkey Kong Country
Skulljagger
Super Mario All-Stars

I am not sure how the fuck Skulljagger got in there.
>>
>>2978914
they do but i had some luck with them. Plus its slow since its winter so I've been a little desperate for a deal.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.