[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Ness in A boy and his Blob?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: A bop and his boop.png (36KB, 992x960px) Image search: [Google]
A bop and his boop.png
36KB, 992x960px
Why was Ness in A boy and his Blob?
>>
David Crane can't draw people. I mean, with Pitfall you could at least argue that it was an Atari and limited as fuck, but Boy animated almost completely the same. That looks much better, depending on how it animates.
>>
I remember buying this game from Funcoland when I was like eight or nine. Was sitting there trying to decide between this or SMB 3 and ended up trading in Ducktails for this. I remember my dad saying that this would be better to get because I wasn't overly familiar with it like I was with SMB 3. I ended up being very disappointed with the game, but looking back it's a pretty interesting and innovative game. It's almost like a graphic adventure with the sort of almost puzzle solving type of stuff with the various jelly beans. I just wish there was more areas and variety to it.
>>
>>2962213
But what he can do is some beautiful detailed sprite animation. Maybe his version of the Boy looks atari-tier, but he moves great. Look at a video of the japanese version and you can see how off the animation looks when they suddenly apply that giant cartoon torso atop a sprite that was made with generally realistic proportions. Kid moves his legs like he's wearing a tight skirt that goes down to the knees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9cA7Ju4eGE
>>
>>2962204
Because you're playing the shitty Japanese version of it, you weaboo.

Play the original western release.
>>
>>2962343
There's too much thinking in this game for me.
>>
>>2962328
Living in the US briefly in the early 90s, I once discovered a shoebox in a church car park. Inside were a handful of NES games. I think there was a bootsale at the church or something and the box was left behind accidentally by a seller.
In any case, among them was A Boy and His Blob, which I promptly shoved into my NES, played, enjoyed and ultimately felt extremely let down when I completed it in thirty minutes' time.

What I love most of all are the mechanics in the game that seem little (if at all) utilised in other games, both of its time as well as since. Could have been fan-fucking-tastic if, as you'd said, it was longer.
Is anyone aware of other action/adventure games using similar mechanics or, better yet, that fuse them into a more traditional side-scrolling platform game and/or other genres? I'd love to see something like that.
Even hacks would be nice.
>>
>>2962204
shit is that really the sprite in the J version?
>>
>>2969007
Yes, an androgynous boy/girl thing since the David Crane designed main character looked too western.
>>
>>2969635
Why are japs so degenerated?
>>
>>2969638
I think the nukes really fucked up their sexual and mental health in the womb.
>>
>>2962343

what happened to the enemies on Blobolonia
>>
>>2972159

I am assuming the player glitched the shit out of it when he momentarily glitched into the final screen upon arrival. I'm guessing it sets a flag to disable other enemies, probably for those fucking pineapple bombs.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.