[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Platformers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: PorkyPigsHauntedHoliday-59.png (16KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
PorkyPigsHauntedHoliday-59.png
16KB, 256x224px
I fucking love platformers. Can't get enough of hopping and collecting. Want to talk about them and get recommendations for ones I haven't played.

Pic related, what I'm playing and I'm surprised isn't bad.
>>
>>2946986
>platformers

Boring.

Next thread please.
>>
File: pirates.jpg (167KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pirates.jpg
167KB, 1280x720px
>>2946995
>you can't talk about a retro game genre if I don't like it!

Fuck off.

Here's a good platformer that isn't talked about too often. The music is great, there's an on-the-spot character switch feature, a plot-important missable weapon, and it actually provides some hint on how the series would've ended. I fucking loved this game.
Note this is the Genesis version of Pirates of Dark Water. The SNES version is your standard beat em up.
>>
>>2947034
>platformer

>acting like man child

Boring.

Next thread please.

You didn't even bother trying to start an actual discussion.
>>
>>2946986
I enjoyed muysa and metal morph
Other greats
>Joe and Mac 1 and 2
>ardy light foot
>kid kleetz
>Plok
>mr do
>hurricanes
>hook
The first 2 games mentioned are a little obscure and aren't amazing but still worth playing.
>>
>>2946986

I actually tried that game out about a month ago. I didn't really like it much. I personally prefer platformers that don't have giant sprites.

That being said, I didn't play it much. It seems like it would be pretty good if I got the hang of it.
>>
What do you guys think of Rainbow Bell Adventures?

>mfw I just realized an enemy in Kirby Super Star is a shout-out to it

>>2947053

I used to love Plok, but as I've played other platformers I've realized how mediocre it really was.

>>2947034

You got trolled m81
>>
>>2946986

Has anyone here played Family Dog?
>>
>>2946986
Kero Kero Keroppi no Daibouken 2: Donuts Ike ha Oosawagi! (NES)
Socket (Genesis)
Zillion (Master System)
>>
>>2947053
>Hook

This. Actually there weren't many licensed platformers back then that were that bad. There's a shitload of good examples on the SNES and the Genesis alike.

>>2947064
Trolling is pointless if it just makes the culprit look retarded. If he's gonna troll, he's gonna have to do much better.
>>
>>2947034
I've always had a love hate relationship with "missable -plot weapons".

Have there been any good licensed platformers? I always jungle book and Aladdin.
>>
>>2947083
>Have there been any good licensed platformers?

Capcom and Sega disney games
Konami's warner/tiny toon games
>>
>>2946986
Pig Out.

Arcade.

3 Player co-op single screen platformer.

One of the best games ever in spite of being virtually unknown.
>>
Get yourself Kega Fusion, and the Sega CD/Mega CD BIOS. Then get a copy of The Terminator PAL version. The reason for this is because the NTSC version's videos don't have the audio from the movie, but instead play the theme music for 10 out of 11 of the videos. Enjoy the soundtrack, enjoy the action, rock some shit.

PROTIP: you can climb more than just the obvious ladders.
>>
>>2947064
Recently finished. Pretty decent if easy. Boosting got pretty uncontrollable at times though. I wish I had a friend to try out multiplayer with.

I only really played it to see where the Brutal Mario romhack took the graphics/music from. Also I didn't realise the Kirby reference... If it is one - were there developers who worked on both?
>>
>>2947034
I had no idea Sunsoft made the Genesis game, gotta be a hell of a lot more fun than the SNES one then.

Recently I've been hooked on Spelunker. It's so frustrating and yet so addictive once you get used to the controls. Also trying yet again to get into the Genesis Sonic games, but it's still not clicking for me.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.