[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we're all agreed that the computer stacks the decks and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

So we're all agreed that the computer stacks the decks and rigs the coin tosses, right?
>>
Dunno about that, but I remember someone hacked Yugioh Forbidden Memories to show the opponent's cards and found the AI actively cheats by playing cards it didn't have
>>
>>2946113
>we're all agreed
Do you know where you are?
>>
>>2946113
Proofs?
>>
File: 2a1.gif (22KB, 207x145px) Image search: [Google]
2a1.gif
22KB, 207x145px
>>2946113
I'm not familiar with that game, but it's very very likely. AI sucks, and any game that has strategy to it is very hard for AI to compete with a human player. So to give the computer a fighting chance and make the game more challenging for the player, they make it able to cheat.

Pretty much every game that can either be played 2 player or against computer was designed like that.
>>
>>2946113
Eh, I'm not so sure about that. I've gotten amazing coin tosses in the game more frequently than not, often with Para/Sleep hax decks. I also think the structure of most opponent decks is pretty weak though, so it doesn't even matter if they cheat.
>>
>>2946148
Every YGO game is like that. Tag Force in particular is downright unplayable due to the AI cheating literally every single move.

They cheat more than Yami Yugi does, and that's saying something.
>>
File: 515TT5TRGQL.jpg (56KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
515TT5TRGQL.jpg
56KB, 500x347px
So we're all agreed that the computer will hit with Thunder 100% of the time while yours will never hit, right?
>>
>>2946113

coin flips maybe but even terrible decks can curbstomp the computer if you have 20+ trainer cards.
>>
Certain battles result in rigged coin flips. Never noticed rigged decks. You can beat down any powerful enemy by using imposter professor oak and breaking out Mr. Mime. They run out of cards and you win. AI can't figure it out.
>>
>>2946875
YES.

I don't think it was possible to beat that game with all rental Pokemon.
>>
>>2946113
I believe a developer once said "The key to a good AI is to have it cheat as much as humanly possible without the player noticing".
>>
>>2947793
I remember reading a guide on GameFAQs a million years ago where every strategy was literally "bring a Lv.100 Mewtwo"

But yeah the rental mons in that game are garbage. You might be able to do the regular cups, but Gym Leader Castle is downright fucking impossible without a team that has moves of your choosing. Why the fuck does Machamp need Fire Blast?
>>
>>2947816

it's a coverage move for gen 2
>>
>>2947793
>>2947816
It's not impossible, it's just 20% cheese, 50% knowing the fights, and 30% luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=952MJlAMwUU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sMAvVUGaWY
>>
>>2946113
i know the psychic ones at least do rig coin tosses.
>>
>>2947808
true randomness is both impossible for a computer and also kind of boring anyway.
>>
>>2946217
Is there a patch or something?
>>
File: TCG.png (656KB, 519x577px) Image search: [Google]
TCG.png
656KB, 519x577px
>>2946113
>Rigs the coin tosses
Are you fucking retarded Anon? All coin tosses for a battle are pre-calculated in advance of the battle? Did you seriously not abuse this and reset quick-save function?

The game does a save state everytime it's your turn during a duel, so if you turn the gameboy off and come back, you can continue from the save, it says so in the manual as an easy way to keep your game if you need to do something else.

And it does it at the start of every one of YOUR turns, so if you have an attack that is "if tails you miss", just reset the game and end without attack so your opponent gets the bad flip. Can't guarantee it isn't what he wants, or that the next three won't all be heads for his attack, but you definitely get an edge.

They're pre-computed so you CAN'T get tails, reset, get heads, but you can still abuse the shit outta of this.

How the fuck do you not know this? Didn't you read the manual?
>>
>>2946875
I think the Stadium games just had weird RNG. It felt like any low-probability occurrence would happen multiple times in a row, regardless of whether it was in your favor or not.

Although it was more noticeable on the CPU since they love to use shit like OHKOs and Double Team.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.