[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STRIFE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: Strife - Quest for the Sigil.jpg (80KB, 640x804px) Image search: [Google]
Strife - Quest for the Sigil.jpg
80KB, 640x804px
An FPS RPG in the Doom engine from '96? Why has this game eluded me for so long?
>>
Because you're nobody important.
>>
File: Strife -B.jpg (165KB, 788x995px) Image search: [Google]
Strife -B.jpg
165KB, 788x995px
>>2944594
Less about that, more about the game.
>>
I never played this back in the day, as I was not a fan of games with backtracking like Hexen.

However, after giving the Veteran Edition a shot, it's one of my favourite FPS games. I dig the Veteran Edition for having a marker for your current objective to prevent shit like Hexen
>>
File: VzVzsWiG01D-.878x0.Z-Z96KYq[1].jpg (68KB, 610x347px) Image search: [Google]
VzVzsWiG01D-.878x0.Z-Z96KYq[1].jpg
68KB, 610x347px
>>2944732

Same. Never even heard of it but saw Veteran Edition on sale on Steam, bought it, and now it's one of my favorites. Compared to games like Duke, Quake, Blood, etc from around its original release date, Strife feels so unique and ahead of its time.

From the screenshots I expected it to be some shitty hack job of an FPS since some of the weapons looked like they were ripped off of other games. Melee punch dagger thing looks like the fist from DOOM, grenade launcher design looks like the nailgun from Quake, crossbow taken from Heretic, missile launcher looks like the chaingun from DOOM. The weapons are pretty good though.
>>
Wait until you try realms of the haunting
>>
>>2944590
why is there always a thread up for this? Srsly, same pic, every fucking day.

It's like someone who's recently re-released it wants to get people to know about it outside of the context of simply playing it on zdoom so that they can maximize revenue...
>>
Someone needs to upload the SVE wad. It does not exist on the internet at all.
>>
>>2945354

Come on, man. It's 2016. You really think people would go on /vr/ and advertise their game like that? Come on.
>>
>>2944984
>From the screenshots I expected it to be some shitty hack job of an FPS since some of the weapons looked like they were ripped off of other games.
Just look at the way the rebels hold their guns when they walk. They're edited Doom marines.
>>
>>2944984

>>2944732

anyone got a veteran ed. download?
>>
>>2944590
Fuck strife play a real rpgfps, cybermage.
>>
>>2945968
All you would really need is the SVE.wad file. With it, you could play Strife in GZdoom with whatever improvements were made. Don't really want to shell out for a wad file though.
>>
File: roth[1].jpg (60KB, 406x494px) Image search: [Google]
roth[1].jpg
60KB, 406x494px
>>2945142

Just played a few minutes of it to see what it's about. Seems pretty badass, gonna play through it in a few days when I have free time.

Anyone else want to give it a go, it's $1 on steam right now

http://store.steampowered.com/app/292390/

It's got that 90s live action cheese that I love.
>>
>>2948357
Its a fantastic game. great attention to detail. Truly underrated gem. I had a demo as a kid and still remember it.
>>
I've enjoyed my time with the game and am glad that I can have DOOM action with a hubworld based adventure design.
>>
>>2944590
It's funny that I only know about the game when I downloaded the WAD collection on pirate bay when I wanted to play DOOM.
It happened to just be in that collection of games.
>>
File: Ross's Game Dungeon Title Card.png (215KB, 576x355px) Image search: [Google]
Ross's Game Dungeon Title Card.png
215KB, 576x355px
https://youtu.be/oPrU7LSqiX0
>>
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=29270

This mod is so great, if only because of the changes to the crossbow.

>Crossbow (electric): Now a useful weapon! The bolts travel faster (though in a slight arc), and will stun most enemies for a moment on impact. It also deals doubled damage to fully mechanical enemies. Due to these enhancements, a pack of electric bolts will provide 10 instead of 20.
>>
The fact that the source code was lost probably didn't help.
>>
File: Untitled.png (8KB, 575x110px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
8KB, 575x110px
>>2948647
>>
>>2948647
>>2948739

Ah, just found out that the code had to be reverse engineered by someone else working off the Doom code.
>>
>>2945968
it's just the base game with some pretty lighting effects, just launch the game with a source port that supports dynamic lighting.

pss. strife can legally be downloaded for free (under the name strife1.wad,) but you'll want to look around for VOICES.wad or else you'll miss a lot of the story.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.