[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saw this on /vg/ in the nintendo general apparently some g

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: Kirby64_box.jpg (52KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
Kirby64_box.jpg
52KB, 500x349px
Saw this on /vg/ in the nintendo general

apparently some guy made a review on kirby 64, I don't really like reviews that much, but I felt this one was kinda fun.

it's about kirby64, so I mean, Kirby 64 is Retro and shit.

thoughts?
https://youtu.be/LSKdQhrcbuw

oh also Kirby thread I guess, post your favorite retro kirby game
>>
I'm not gonna watch some autist review a game that I played 15 years ago.

Kirby Super Star is still the best game in the series.
>>
>>2943719
does anyone genuinely think that Kirby's nightmare in dreamland is better than Super Star?

I would like to know why
>>
>>2943727
I do. It just feels more concise, Super Star is fun but I was never a big fan of all the segmented bits, I like it better as one cohesive whole. I don't know why you named the GBA remake instead of Adventure but I do think the remake is better anyway, as amazing as Adventure was for its hardware.
>>
>>2943734
>I don't know why you named the GBA remake instead of Adventure

I meant either Kirby's adventure, or Kirby's Dreamland for the Original Gameboy

my bad
>>
>>2943727
here's the real question

would anyone consider Kirby's Dreamland 3 their favorite?
>>
>>2943734

I personally prefer Adventure because I like it's graphics and feel, but Nightmare runs better, I think.

Ironically, I played Nightmare first around the time it came out and I beat Adventure about two months ago.
>>
>>2943706
>shy ladoof reference
that meme is soooooooo 2015
it was a decent review
>>
File: kine.png (5KB, 166x200px) Image search: [Google]
kine.png
5KB, 166x200px
>>2943747
its my favorite.
>>
>>2943747
Personally speaking, I think DL3's art style is much nicer than Super Star's, but that's all it's got over Super Star.

I like Ultra better than Super Star
>>
>>2943706
Elder God Tier:
Kirby Super Star

High Tier:
Adventure

Mid Tier:
Dream Land 2
Dream Land

Low Tier:
Dream Land 3

Shit Tier:
Kirby 64
>>
>>2944247
>DL3 and 64 that low

Elder God:
Super Star

High:
Adventure
Dream Land 3

Mid:
Dream Land

Low:
Dream Land 2

Of course, all of the Kirby games are great, but some are just less great.
>>
>>2943852
Are we not calling him Shia the Beef anymore?
>>
>>2943747
DL3 > K64

Dreamland 3 has better faster gameplay, cuter friends, better graphics, and better music.
>>
>>2943852
It was pretty good, but the whole thing screams "I discovered Red Letter Media yesterday and it's the best thing ever"
>>
File: 1442291140004.png (599KB, 654x700px) Image search: [Google]
1442291140004.png
599KB, 654x700px
>>2943706
>some guy
you mean (you)?
>>
>>2944342
it aint me
>>
>>2944526
I ain't no fortunate one?
>>
>>2944539
>come on to /vr/
>"it ain't me" starts playing
>>
File: SamuraiKirby1.png (14KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
SamuraiKirby1.png
14KB, 256x192px
>>2944626
>samurai kirby level
>Vietnam wheelie show up
>it ain't me starts playing
>>
File: 1442957724879.png (423KB, 800x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1442957724879.png
423KB, 800x1360px
>those atmospheric levels
>that amazing soundtrack
>cool little group of companions
>power mixing is fun
>crystal shard collecting make you more aware as you play each level
>that absolutely amazing block falling minigame where you have to make other people fall
My personal favorite kirby game, I love putting it in my n64 andfinishing it in a afternoon.
>>
>>2944265

>Dream Land 2 that low

yeah nah
>>
>it's about kirby64, so I mean, Kirby 64 is Retro and shit.

Anything and everything is retro if you feel like it is. There is no solid concensus.

For me everything is retro since I've discovered hallucinogenic drugs and free love, I've experienced ego-death and I am new.

So current gen. is retro for me.

>sooooo psyched for the new Battlefield game!
>>
>>2943706
Would be a good review if he took out the bad jokes. The trivia about the games director and some of the jokes that actually related to it were good.

It's a shame, because I feel like this review is just bogged down. Stop trying to be funny, and it's a good review OP.
>>
Nice pwonunciation, Elmer Fudd.
>>
>>2944342
Of course it is. I didn't watch the video, but the odd, trying to distance himself nature of the OP combined with the low view count all but guarantees it.
>>
>>2943706
Who in fuck needs 17 minutes to cover such a simple game? That's why SNESDrunk is the best. 5 minutes long at most and then only for RPGs.

Also, I think Yoshi's Island is the best Kirby. It's easy and it's colorful, but the platforming mechanics are way better and exploring is actually fun. Kirby is so barebone and meh.
>>
>>2943706
Yeah, nice review OP. You did an okay job.

I agree that the frame animations hurt the game a bit but the power combo argument is flat-out retarded. You give props to the Fridge, one of the most useless combos in game, and then shit on double combos for being "twice as much" a combo as a single power? That's the whole fucking point.

Outside of that, the shard debate is also kind of stupid as you said it yourself and it is pretty obvious, but also someone who isn't complete garbage at platformers can get to those areas easily (especially since the enemies have such predictable animations). Anyway, Crystal Shards is one of my favorite Kirby games, I couldn't get into the supposed "variety" of Super Star. Adventure, Dream Land 1 & 2 are both so damn good though. Every time I talk about these game is just further reinforces the idea that there has never been a bad Kirby game.

Triple Deluxe was fucking fantastic, too.
>>
>>2943747
Me, yeah.
>>
>>2946367
I didn't do the review
>>
>>2947743
I know you didn't. OP did.
>>
>>2947834
I am op
>>
>>2948154
Oh.

Then stop shilling your vids, dude. I'm teasing, I know it's not unheard of to post someone else's video.
>>
>tfw we almost had another CPU-friends-based game
>>
Pretty obvious this is you, but still entertaining. You seem pretty damn knowledgeable about quite a few fields.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.