[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does it upset you we can't discuss Zelda games that are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

Does it upset you we can't discuss Zelda games that are better than Ocarina of Time?
>>
I mean they don't exist so ya it does kinda suck.
>>
>>2942809
>>2942826
Please do your part to keep /vr/ a place for interesting, high-quality discussion.

We have threads about other Zelda games all the time. MM, Link's Awakening, Oracle games, etc.
>>
>>2942809

Why wouldn't we be able to discuss Link to the Past?
>>
We talk about LA and Zelda 2 all the time, OP.
>>
I need to finish the gbc Zelda games as well as Zelda 2. Wind Waker and Ocarina were the only two I beaten.
>>
>>2942827
All the time?
>>
>>2942860
>tfw

Fuck, I think that was me until as recently as Friday (I finally finished TP after being at the endgame for literal years not playing it).
>>
>>2942860
Zelda 2 is too much of a slog imo
>>
>>2942830
Because every single thread devolves into LTTP vs OOT.
>>
File: 1.png (28KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
28KB, 1920x1080px
>>2942809
Pic related
>>
>>2942809
People talk about every Zelda game up to Majora's Mask (consoles) and the Oracle games (handhelds) here, including OOT. As far as whether any of the other /vr/ Zelda games are better than OOT, it really just depends on who you ask.
>>
>>2942862
>>2942862
There's almost never a time when there isn't a Zelda thread up. And plenty of people don't think OOT is the best in the series. Pay attention or hang around longer.
>>
But we can discuss Majora's Mask already. The only Zelda better than OoT, and overall the most interesting (to me) thing Nintendo has done since the 80s.
>>
>>2942967
> overall the most interesting (to me) thing Nintendo has done since the 80s.
What did you find so interesting about it? Maybe I played it at the wrong time but that game never really did much for me.
>>
Honestly the only Zelda I never see talked about here is the first one, which is kind of strange. It gets mentions but never a full on thread or conversation.

Besides that we talk about other Zelda games all the time. The problem is people usually just end up arguing about which game in the series is best instead of just focusing on a single game. Whenever we can just stick to one game, the discussion is usually pretty good. Better than normal at least.
>>
>>2942827
>>2942904
>>2942964
Thank you for being a good guy
>>
>>2943003
Same. It focuses too much on NPC shit. The game has an interesting premise but exploring the world and dungeons has always been the main draw of The Legend of Zelda for me.
>>
>>2942809
nope. Wind Waker was forgettable and easy as fuck for me. I haven't played any Zelda after WW and I dont feel the need to.
>>
>>2943760
>but exploring the world and dungeons has always been the main draw of The Legend of Zelda for me.

OoT didn't do much well either for the most part. The N64 games, while innovatie for their times, just don't really hold up well in hindsight.
>>
>>2942809
I personally never grew up with Zelda at all. Over the years I've found LoZ to be the most enjoyable out of LoZ/LttP/OoT. I still need to try out the other retro ones, specifically LA.
>>
>>2943912
Ocarina of Time is alright. It's a little bare bones, but its dungeons are still engaging enough on the whole. I prefer it to the 3D games after it.

A Link to the Past is my favorite game in the series as a whole, though.
>>
>>2943967
> but its dungeons are still engaging enough on the whole.
I thought the dungeon design was mostly too simple to be engaging; a huge step down from LttP and even LA's own approach on the aspect.
>>
>>2942964
I meant having to create quality posts all the time.
>>
All Zelda games have their unique charms and strengths. While I enjoy talking about the retro ones (especially since the first four are so damn good), I feel like the rest usually come up at some point during discussion, and though there's usually a negative outlook on more recent titles, it's still stimulating discussion.
>>
Not really. The farthest I want to go is oracles anyways. After that it's kiddy central.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.