[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest, have you ever used this move?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: Super Mario 64_May28 13_59_28.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Super Mario 64_May28 13_59_28.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
Be honest, have you ever used this move?
>>
>>2940879
it's crouching and pressing B by the way
>>
>>2940883
Is that a full press of B or a half-press of B?
>>
>>2940886
technically half, the first half
>>
I've used it
not a lot
but i've used it
>>
It's useless, but so are the standing punches.
>>
>>2940949
keep your memes on /v/
>>
Yes but not for anything useful.
>>
>>2940879
I like to use it on goombas occasionally. It's so much more stylish than jumping
>>
>>2940879
Yes. I discovered that if you stand in knee-deep water and repeat that move with the correct timing, you can make Mario shout and splash the water but stay motionless.
>>
>>2941458
Interesting.
>>
>>2940879
Cannot say I ever did. I guess I we so happy with punching and rugby tackling enemies that I never used leg swipe.
>>
>>2940951
>not knocking a motherfucking Gooma out when he gets up in yo face
>>
>>2940879
I remember seeing somewhere Miamoto wanted Mario to have assloads of moves, like street fighter tier moveset
>yfw Mario 64 could've been a beat-em-up
>>
>not exclusively using the drop kick
>>
Diving at motherfuckers was such a fun way to kill in this game.
>>
>>2942069
He did end up with a pretty nice moveset. The punch-punch-kick combo, the slide kick, the dive and its follow-up flip, the hop kick.. Even though some of them weren't very practical, they were really fun to use.
>>
>>2940879
Only when I travel to parallel universes
>>
>>2942215
I agree, I think if you went any further it'd just be extraneous since what's there worked

Although maybe a Sunshine-esque spin jump could work
>>
>not breakdancing next to the flagpole when you beat Koopa the Quick
>>
>>2942253

>not climbing to the top of the flagpole and doing a backflip off of it before his fat ass can even reach you
>>
>>2940879
sneak up on bob-ombs and use it.
>>
All the time in Smash Bros
>>
>>2940879
it seems like this move is ment to be done when there are enemies all around mario that are extremely close to him, but don't think this ever happens.
>>
>>2943301
if it does happen, a jump/ground pound is probably more efficient at that point
>>
Was there ever a use for the side somersault? Or the triple jump?
>>
>>2945967
jumping really high to get to places easier
you wanna talk useless jumps, go pick on backflip because you can't wall jump out of that one
>>
>>2940879
Yes, it's fun to kill goombas with.
>>
File: 1440238967011.jpg (187KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
1440238967011.jpg
187KB, 960x539px
>>2940886

I get this joke because of the other thread.
>>
>>2945967
the side flip is like the best jump in the game
>>
>>2940879
I didn't know it existed actually. I thought they made the bicycle kick up for smash Bros. Only watching that half a-press explanation video did I learn it existed, or that you could do that forward kick slide hop thing.

Why did Mario 64 have so many strange moves anyway? Was it just an experiment in 3D? Was it a demonstration of how 'real' he was and how 'real' characters do more than just run and jump? Was it to help those who were severely 3Dgame challenged?
>>
>>2946362
well give mario a punch button and a logical conclusion is "what happens if I punch while X"
so every jump action save for the side flip has an attack counterpart where you press B in the same context, coincidentally the sitting crouch jump is the most useless and corresponds to the sitting crouch attack
>>
File: aquarium.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
aquarium.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>2946145
There's a few areas that seem explicitly designed to backflip to, like the entrance to this.
>>
>>2945967

Well, obviously:

1. You can jump higher

and

2. The side jump allows for the controls to feel more fluid because you can always jump in the direction you want no matter what way you're facing. In Banjo Kazooie for instance you would have to make sure you are facing the correct direction before jumping because there is no side jump (not that Banjo is a worse game or anything, I think they are both great)
>>
>>2940879
I have.

I find it somewhat convenient.
>>
>>2946665
To paraphrase matthew mathosis , the side flip thing where you walk a direction then quickly turn back is always a better alternative to the backflip, the backflip was more likely designed as a crutch to new players who couldn't pull off the side jump properly.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.