[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this game the least-good DK game? I'm not saying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: Donkey Kong 64.jpg (159KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
Donkey Kong 64.jpg
159KB, 460x215px
Why is this game the least-good DK game? I'm not saying it's bad, but compared to the original trilogy this game just feels like they took Banjo-Kazooie and gave it a Donkey Kong paintjob. It's by far my least favorite of the Donkey Kong Country series.

What are your thoughts on DK64?
>>
>>2940732
I haven't played it, but is it seriously worse than that mediocrity that is DKC1?
>>
It's good
>>
>>2940732
It's fucking GREAT as a toy, but kind of a shit game.

Multiplayer was legendary.
>>
>>2940732
It's a monster to emulate, probably the hardest one to.
>>
>>2940809
>It's fucking GREAT as a toy, but kind of a shit game.

that makes zero sense whatsoever
>>
File: 1369254529831.png (277KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1369254529831.png
277KB, 640x480px
>>2940732

If they took Banjo-Kazooie and gave it a Donkey Kong paintjob, that would still have been a great game. Instead, they took the collectathon formula they put together through B-K and B-T and just turned it way the fuck up, putting fucking collectable things all over the god damn place, collectables of six different varieties that you have to constantly switch Kongs to get, hidden collectables, all sorts of wacky shit.

>tfw I actually 101%'d that game

That was hell. Having a greatly limited amount of games to play was the worst.
>>
>>2940846
I think you're just dumb.

A toy is pointless but provides amusement with moving parts, colors, etc. A game generally has a goal, and DK64's was uninteresting.

As an amusement it was great. The controller in your hands, all the content, hours of fun.

The game itself from start to finish wss a chore.
>>
>>2940895

>he thinks goals in video games aren't pointless
>he thinks video games aren't toys

real cute kiddo
>>
It's not the "least-good" DK game, it's better than every one except DKC2 which is untouchable.
>>
>>2940937
Oh I don't know about DKC Returns as I haven't played it yet.
>>
>>2940732
>Why is this game the least-good DK game?

Only if we're talking retro. Still better than all the gamecube era DK games that were pretty much shovelware tier.
>>
File: 1447714351383.gif (237KB, 331x551px) Image search: [Google]
1447714351383.gif
237KB, 331x551px
I loved this game as a kid. Recently picked it up a few months back and completed it in 2 days. It's alright, but I don't think it's as great as I once thought it was.
>>
>>2940937
>DK64
>better than 94
>better than DKC1
>better then DKCR
>better than TP
You can't be serious
>>
File: tinyrace.jpg (20KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tinyrace.jpg
20KB, 320x240px
The only fun thing I remember about DK64 was its minigames. I feel like the collectathon/exploration aspect was just needless padding to get to the actual fun parts of the game like the turtle slide race, the mine cart section, and the beaver bother and all those other cool minigames.
>>
>>2940843

Wat?

I played it last year, Project64, Jabo's standard plugin, everything fine apart from some minor graphics glitches and the fairy camera photos being black unless you activate buffer copying.
>>
File: dk64.jpg (121KB, 955x699px) Image search: [Google]
dk64.jpg
121KB, 955x699px
This pic is what's wrong with DK64.
>>
>>2943210
>beaver bother
>cool minigames

Are you legitimately insane, anon?
>>
File: latest[2].png (489KB, 614x454px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
489KB, 614x454px
>>2940732
I always liked Gloomy Galleon, simply from its setting and atmosphere. Something about those deep, dark waters was very unsettling.

Overall, the game was pretty bad though. DKC2 is where it's at.
>>
>>2946181
>come back here as Diddy to collect the blueprint
>come back here as Tiny to pop the balloon
>come back here as Chunky to play the triangle
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.