[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the stealing really overpowered in this game? I'm only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Fallout2front.jpg (258KB, 800x832px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout2front.jpg
258KB, 800x832px
Is the stealing really overpowered in this game? I'm only at 30-40 for this skill and I'm taking almost everything from everybody I meet. Comparatively, the other skills don't seem to do very much.
>>
It's really not because it basically makes no difference, your odds are about the same no matter what unless your steal skill is obscenely high

thusly you can have 10 steal skill and still steal a bozar off that one guard in NCR, only reloading maybe 3-6 times because the bozar is so heavy.

wanna steal a stimpack off someone and it'll work 80% of the time

so don't bother raising it anymore unless you're playing ironman or something in which case why are you stealing
>>
You're savescumming though
>>
>>2939562
Would anybody steal otherwise?
>>
>>2939562

>savescumming
>implying everyone ever doesn't do this by default
>>
>>2939594
>implying the shitty game isn't completely designed around savescumming
>>
>>2939601
Pretty much this. I still haven't beaten the game. It's a broken mess with boring combat.
>>
>>2939601

>implying the game is shitty

Other than the dreaded savescumming, what exactly constitutes this game to be "shitty?"
>>
>>2938717
>Is stealing really overpowered in this game? I'm only at 30-40 for this skill and I'm taking almost everything from everybody I meet

You're savescumming which really defeats any reason of putting more points into the skill if you're going to just reload anyway with every failure.
>>
>>2939609
The environments can literally be described as "shitty" as in they literally resemble shit. The characters mostly have shit attitudes and are shitty people, the weighting of "likable character" to "insufferable shithead" is incredibly lopsided. The combat is unfortunately shit too. I want it to be good, I really do, but instead it's shit. All combat inevitably produces one of two results: you or your companions die almost instantly in the first round of combat, or you roflstomp the enemy because you started with some sort of obscene advantage, which is usually having a totally excessive amount of near weightless healing items that can heal you to full literally every time you get a turn and you still probably won't run out. Not once have I ever had to set up a trap, or have my allies wait in ambush, nor could I even if I wanted to, because the companions are all stupid robots with the laziest AI they could get away with.

It's just a shitty game. It's depressing to play.
>>
Stealing multiple items in one go nets you more XP. On my first playthrough when I was a kid I would steal one bottlecap at a time to maximize the XP gains.
>>
>>2939702
You can also do the reverse and plant items so you could gain unlimited XP right at the start.
But it's pretty much a waste of time and you're better off just playing normally.
>>
>>2939694
Pretty much agree with this guy. Part 1 was better than 2 since it suffers from a little bit less problems. It's also much shorter which I feel is 2 would have been better off had it been much shorter. The amount of assholes in Fallout 2 is very irritating. I seen some people say it's written so well but it's not. It has poor writing.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.