[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFV z5mLQDB4 >sir musashi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: musashi.jpg (513KB, 1600x1242px) Image search: [Google]
musashi.jpg
513KB, 1600x1242px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFVz5mLQDB4
>sir musashi!
>why did thou comest hither?
>>
File: Stroll_by_makoc.jpg (142KB, 700x497px) Image search: [Google]
Stroll_by_makoc.jpg
142KB, 700x497px
>I had nothing better to do!
>>
>>2937773
Post more Musashi quotes
>>
Brave Fencer Musashi is the greatest game on the PS1

I couldn't take HVGN seriously anymore after he called it shit
>>
>>2938502
Quit attempting to derail.
>>
>>2938498
I resolve to do nothing that I will regret.
>>
>>2937650
Why do so many people insist on using Shakespearean English when they don't understand how to use it correctly?
>>
>>2938570
the guy talking like that is a walking stereotype, accuracy would add nothing to his likability.

Go play Vagrant Story or the abominable FFT: Lion Wars port
>>
Some of the worst graphics you can find on the PS1.
>>
>>2938603
The gameplay was all right especially back in the day
>>
>>2938603
I've seen worse, MUCH worse on the system. Musashi looks decent on the stand of things.
>>
File: 1380173302811.jpg (8KB, 250x168px) Image search: [Google]
1380173302811.jpg
8KB, 250x168px
>steamwood forest, or whatever it was called
>fixing them valves before the time runs out
>the second time
>>
>>2938863
It's a mix of many things that make the aesthetics just really bad. The washed out graphics coupled with the dumb looking models with the horrible camera and the poor framerate together with the bland art design and no sense of aesthetics in general just make some pretty poor graphics. It was one of the very few games where I had serious trouble with the graphics. The game also felt very clustered and visually irritating.

You can see that the devs tried though.
>>
>>2938889
Oh whatever it wasn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be. Come on.
>>
>>2938890
Certain aspects were good it's just that the whole package was bad. Some places in the game were good, moments when the camera was just right and you had clean open spaces instead of the clustered narrow places where the camera was too zoomed in.
>>
>>2938894
If you're gonna sit here 27 years later and whine about non-issues then, and non-issues now like muh graphics and muh mediocre camera control, framerates and other such meta nitpickery then... well, shit, I don't know. Too bad you couldn't see past that though, it means you missed out on enjoying a pretty rare and unusual game.
>>
>>2938889
Eh, I can understand your complaints when it comes to some areas of the game. Though for most others I thought the design looked pretty natural overall; same for the camera. Oh well, to each his own.
>>
>>2938906
Come the fuck on. Don't play the dumb nostalgia fanboy now who will disregard all flaws. I'm also not just a plain hater who will give the game no credit. The game has a lot of variety and plays a lot with the gameplay mechanics, especially in the bossfights. I also didn't put the game aways because of the graphics. It was just one of those games I stopped playing and never touched again for no particular reason.
>>
>>2938917
>It was just one of those games I stopped playing and never touched again for no particular reason.
Eh, I think I may like the game more than you do yet this is what happened for me as well. Not really sure why. I'll admit that in practice some of the things you mentioned might have something to do with it, making it hard to go back to on an emulator; but in theory I personally don't view any of those things as all that relevant to the gameplay designs, so I don't really hold them against it.
>>
>>2938934
It just happens sometimes. You just stop playing one day and never get back to it. Maybe you stopped at a boring segment and if you just had played another half an hour and stopped there you would have stopped at an interesting part that would have guaranteed that you didn't put the game off for too long. Maybe the game was interesting but you found something more fun and the cycle repeated. Maybe you were just busy and lost interest when you had freetime again.

I had this happen with exceptional games. It was pretty much starting the game - years of hiatus - coming back and finishing it in one or two sessions.
>>
>>2939017
>Maybe you stopped at a boring segment and if you just had played another half an hour and stopped there you would have stopped at an interesting part that would have guaranteed that you didn't put the game off for too long.
I know what you're saying. No doubt many a ill-fated FF7 playthroughs died in Midgar this way.
>>
>>2939038
My FF7 playtrough died after Midgar. The world map was just so ugly and empty. I think I stopped at the tower defense minigame.
>>
>>2939046
Midgar is the best part of FF7.

Like there are other good parts but there's big stretches of boresville inbetween

All Final Fantasy worlds seem to be kind of lonely and barren like that, like 500 people on the whole planet
>>
>>2939062
>>2939046
No no no no no. That's not how you do it. You guys have got it backwards.

>>2939062
>like 500 people on the whole planet
I guess so but honestly what do you expect from the tech of the eras? Why would you even want more than that, really. No point.
>>
File: Musashi_Samurai_Legend_cover.jpg (36KB, 256x365px) Image search: [Google]
Musashi_Samurai_Legend_cover.jpg
36KB, 256x365px
You are now aware that there was a sequel released.
>>
>>2939073
>No no no no no. That's not how you do it. You guys have got it backwards.
hey man I'm not gonna lie to the people.

Also, there are games where the verisimilitude about the number of people in the world and the infrastructure that sustains them remains unbroken
>>
>>2939105
No there wasn't.
>>
>>2939105
It's actually not a sequel and also pretty fun
>>
>>2939118
I know what you mean. I'm personally still waiting for fucking Sonic Team to release a sequel to their last hit game and that came in 1994, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>2939223
They released it under the name Freedom Planet
>>
I wouldn't classify musashi as a Zelda-clone, but I might go so far as to liken it to Sony Playstation's "take" on the whole Zelda format, as it were. And instead of Link the character you play is Dragonball Z. Interestingly, it also happens to be a Japanese, Western-RPG, which is just a bit unusual, no?
>>
>>2939223
But NiGHTS came out in 1995

what other good games did they even make because I can think of precisely zero
>>
File: brave_musashi_conceptart_topo.jpg (24KB, 250x460px) Image search: [Google]
brave_musashi_conceptart_topo.jpg
24KB, 250x460px
>>2937650
there are some quality waifus in this game. Musashi reminds me of how great Squaresoft was during the ps1 days.
>>
File: brave_musashi_conceptart_DoCpm.jpg (37KB, 300x550px) Image search: [Google]
brave_musashi_conceptart_DoCpm.jpg
37KB, 300x550px
>>2939649
>>
>>2939648
chuchu rocket
puyo fever
>>
So yeah for an introductory boss that Steam Knight was pretty tough huh? Didn't he have 3 separate phases or some shit? There's a good difficulty level to the game. And it's fun scavenging for the missing townsfolk since finding them makes Musashi more powerful, and then you can later return to the castle and see what they have to say for themselves, and sometimes they even give you valuable clues or items. It's a nice system and a sublime dose of collectathonism that fits right in despite being somewhat out of place among all the other mechanics. It was better than the average side quest and overall it was an excellent addition to the game.

The game's cinematic style along with its quirky, eccentric cast of villains reminds me of the Bonnes and Tronn or whatever from Megaman Legends.
>>
>>2939632
>Dragonball Z
>Japanese, Western-RPG

dude what are you even talking about
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.