[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to play this game on the NES tomorrow. What should I know,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 22300_front.jpg (74KB, 559x768px) Image search: [Google]
22300_front.jpg
74KB, 559x768px
Going to play this game on the NES tomorrow. What should I know, lads? Also any other dungeon crawlers? I like Daggerfall, but the dungeons for me were too hard in some cases and I guess I just want to play something more...beginner friendly?
>>
>>2937210

read the manual. some of it's basic stuff you can skim over, but it'll give you a good overview.
>>
Why would you play the American NES version of Wizardry?
Go for Might and Magic 3 or 4+5 for something beginner friendly.
>>
>>2937210
Be prepared to spend an eternity rolling for decent stats to your characters, while this is boring and takes forever it saves time in the long run and also prevent shitloads of frustration.

Also the game autosaves your game after every battle. Why knowing this matters? If you find yourself brutally massacred in battles (this WILL happen a lot especially early on) hit that reset button before all your characters are kill and you don't have to spend all your money to revive your death characters or spending another eternity trying to roll another character with decent stats.
>>
>>2937262
>hit that reset button before
reverse save scumming
>>
>>2937210
Why don't you play the SNES port? isn't better?
>>
>>2937210
>What should I know, lads?
That the PS version is much better in every possible way.
>Also any other dungeon crawlers?
There's the SMT series, Arcana on SNES, Shining in the Darkness on Genesis...there's quite a lot really, the quality ain't usually that high though, just get yourself Llylgamyn Saga and Legacy of Llylgamyn for the PS, you get 5 great games in their best version, actually 5.5 games since Legacy has another slightly different version of Wizardry 4.
>>
>>2937210
>I like Daggerfall, but the dungeons for me were too hard in some cases and I guess I just want to play something more...beginner friendly?
>So I'm gonna go play Wizardry!

This will end well.
>>
>>2937210
>I just want to play something more...beginner friendly?
...Then why are you playing Wizardry?

GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!
>>
File: 49782_back[1].jpg (79KB, 475x664px) Image search: [Google]
49782_back[1].jpg
79KB, 475x664px
>>2937210

Play Swords and Serpents instead OP. Preferably w/ some friends. If you gotta go Wizardry I'd start with V.
>>
>begginer friendly
>wizardry

C'mon.

If you really want to play it, all you need to know is:

>play the snes version for the first trilogy
>grind
>grind
>grind
>lose all your characters
>grind again
>kill murphy's ghosts (not on 3)
>continue getting rekt
>explore the dungeons
>YOU TELEPORTED INTO A ROCK

1 is meh. 2 is great. 3 is ok at best.

Also don't forget the year that these games were made.

Even with all the bullshit, I finished the first trilogy this year and I kinda enjoyed it, then I played 4 and loved it to death. Actually I think it's worth enduring the first trilogy only for 4.
>>
>>2938904
V is my least favorite by far. Since I played it in order, I couldn't really stand the first trilogy all over again after playing the masterpiece that was 4.
>>
>>2938931
Isn't 4 literaly impossible to finish?
>>
>>2938937
5 is actually has improvements and polishing. It's not a simple rehash like 2 or 3.
Someone who beat 4 may not care but a beginner should appreciate not getting fucked over by surprise attacks.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.